Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pub advice on Exeter

Train gets in 11.30 so will have a thirst on can anylifer highlight any local good cider pubs to try some local produce prior to the game cheers hic

Comments

• Advice would be only to avoid Gav
  • I tried asking earlier in the week but didnt get any answers either.
  • Not sure where to go, getting in at just after 11, will find somewhere no doubt.
  • too late mate already sorted out few bags of cider with him for trip 3 hours 8 tins his calculated and a cheese roll...if you not going see u in lib on the 1st

if no luck guess it be the Spoons hopr they havnt run out of Hawkshead Lakeland by then thats if cant find good cider bar
  • Only DG see you on the 1st
  • okay LB think it will be a late one that night

Curb_it im sure we will all stumble into each other once down
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]okay LB think it will be a late one that night

[/quote]

After my poor show in Dartford last year, i still blame DA9, me and lates dont work, unless on on orange squash LOL
  • Most away fans go to the duke of York in sidwell street or the wells tavern by the ground. Although there is general more trouble in these.

The imperial (wetherspoons) just up from the st David's train station is a poss or the great western right by the station does some real ales
  • The Imperial (Wetherspoons) isn't a bad bet. It's just up the hill from St David's Station is a big old place and has a massive garden area so if the weather is still decent there should be plenty of room outside as well.

The other pubs immediately by St David's Station frankly aren't the best.....
  • should be down there by 5pm tonight, we'll be keeping an eye out for other addicks in the city later on...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2010
    Went to Uni in Exeter, would recommend the Imperial, enough rooms and room to cater for all, huge beer garden, not far from St Davids Station.

The Duke of York used to be my local its not very big and not very exciting but/so it tends to be the away pub.

Other recommendations The Victoria (student pub)

The Bowling Green & Wells Tavern: Not far from the ground / Good Ale
  • Get to Exeter just after 11 not sure if we've earmarked any particular pub to go in so we see what happens.
  • [cite]Posted By: dj-ecfc[/cite]Most away fans go to the duke of York in sidwell street or the wells tavern by the ground. Although there is general more trouble in these.

The imperial (wetherspoons) just up from the st David's train station is a poss or the great western right by the station does some real ales

what about whats near Exeter Central Station?
  • My mate lived in the same street as the victoria and I once ate 2 roast dinners in an hour in there! The imperial is also good. Gutted I can't be there tomorrow but saving my pennies for oldham. Should be a great away day at st james park
  • Try Double Locks

http://www.doublelocks.com/drink.htm

A bit of a trek from town and hard to find - good beer selection, not sure about the ciders.
  • G
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]http://www.fancyapint.com/area/00991.php

go to Devon and drinking in a Wetherspoons - depressing.
  • Double Locks miles from ground, not as good as it once was. Worth a visit if you have time though and weather is good. Great location on canal, walk it from quayside or cab from city centre.

Timepiece was always a good hang out, just off Exeter high St and not far from Central station, 10 mins from ground I guess. Closer you get to ground more likely you will encounter local idiots. Think D of Y was ok but not visited in years.
  • The White Hart Hotel (on South Street?) always used to have a great bar. Mind you, the last time I drank there was in about 1981, so a lot may have changed since then!!
  • Am v.jealous. I've got to work this w/end so am missing out. Will be at the home game against dirty, dirty Leeds though and at Oldham.