Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• lol,catfords is good
  • the bit about Downham chavs pretending they live in Bromley made me laugh as when that Keeley from Bromley first appeared on page 3 I remember saying to someone "I bet she's from Downham" . Then sure enough when the news of the world printed that story about Joe Cole being chased from her gaff it was Downham.
  • Brilliant!
  • Oi !!
    You dissing my Uncle Nat,Auntie Nat & cousin Nat ?

(The Nat Family as we call them......)
  • Catford's been going steadily downhill for the last 30 years or so...used to be a fantastic place to live...sadly no more.
    I rarely go there nowadays (if ever in fact)....and to think of all the happy years I and my family spent there.
    By the way, that piece must have been written years ago because The Tigers Head has been closed for at least 5 years.
    Mind you, there is a Turkish supermarket near Catford Station that does 'the worlds' finest apple pies.Whacking great things they are and they weigh a ton.
    No better way to spend £2.75.
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]the bit about Downham chavs pretending they live in Bromley made me laugh as when that Keeley from Bromley first appeared on page 3 I remember saying to someone "I bet she's from Downham" . Then sure enough when the news of the world printed that story about Joe Cole being chased from her gaff it was Downham.
    All Bromley boy comes from Downham/Bellingham.

For those who don't know, a Bromley boy is someone aged 22-35 who goes out in Bromley on Friday/Saturday night at the pubs on the high street with the intentions of pulling an underage girl or intimidating someone. They wear a short sleeve Ben Sherman shirt with Levis jeans, Reebok classics and a gold chain and do about 2 grams of coke in the toilet before getting a kebab and a taxi home. They all speak with think mockney accent and enjoy their rhyming clang, probably the same as most suburban town centres.

The guy who chased Joe Cole out of his flat was in my brother's class at school, a nasty piece of work who once hit someone over the head with a brick.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Catford's been going steadily downhill for the last 30 years or so...used to be a fantastic place to live...sadly no more.
    I rarely go there nowadays (if ever in fact)....and to think of all the happy years I and my family spent there.
    By the way, that piece must have been written years ago because The Tigers Head has been closed for at least 5 years.
    Mind you, there is a Turkish supermarket near Catford Station that does 'the worlds' finest apple pies.Whacking great things they are and they weigh a ton.
    The Goose On The Green must have been closed down for even longer, they've put anti-climb paint on the boards around it to stop the pikeys getting in.
  • Being from Bexleyheath, we always classed a Bromley boy as a bit of a smarmy p***k who loved to wear skinny levi jeans, a barbour coat and swede Gucci shoes with no socks.
  • edited April 2010
    Gucci loafers! No Bromley boy is complete without a pair!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Being from Bexleyheath, we always classed a Bromley boy as a bit of a smarmy p***k who loved to wear skinny levi jeans, a barbour coat and swede Gucci shoes with no socks.

Ah for the days of Bon Bonnies!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Catford's been going steadily downhill for the last 30 years or so...used to be a fantastic place to live...sadly no more.
    The Goose On The Green must have been closed down for even longer, they've put anti-climb paint on the boards around it to stop the pikeys getting in.

I think you mean The Green Man FoD.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Being from Bexleyheath, we always classed a Bromley boy as a bit of a smarmy p***k who loved to wear skinny levi jeans, a barbour coat and swede Gucci shoes with no socks.

LOL, Valley Gary let me introduce you to Plaaayer :-)
  • I wondered how long that would take !
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Catford's been going steadily downhill for the last 30 years or so...used to be a fantastic place to live...sadly no more.

I think you mean The Green Man FoD.
    Yeah, that's what I meant!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite] swede Gucci shoes

Swedish Gucci shoes, so not even real ones then...
  • Tigers Head is now being knocked down.
  • in process now.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

That place always was a filthy hole - you should've seen the rubbish piled up at the back and the rats. Geezer that owned it was a horrible c*** with a huge bulbous nose. He threatened my sister once so me and a mate went down there one night with the sole intention of bricking his front window. Luckilly (all round) there were far too many people about, but it's the thought that counts.