Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your favourite year?

What was your favourite year?
Influenced by memories, music, parties, holidays, romance etc?

I think mine was probably 1984.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    1996 - left school, was 18, fell in love, discovered beer and the summer lasted from May til October.
  • actually, changed my mind

1987!!!!

:-D
  • 1994 & 1996
  • 97 or 98..
    spent the whole summers in ibiza.....
    partying 24x7.. the sun, beer, the music & of course the sweeties

ya dont get summers like they were these days!
  • 1997, 2002 holds good memories too
  • not had it yet (hopefully)
  • 99/00 For Music & Ibiza at it's peak numbers wise. Also was at the top of my Clubbing powers going all over the country in search of the next great night out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Basically when i was 17 , greatest time, shagged loads of birds, went out on it pretty much everyday (used to be a regular in the Guy Earl of Warick in Welling) and being only 17 (and never asked for id till i was 18!!) i could take the piss and not get any trouble. So 1996 and 1997 were absolutely the best.
  • that's why I changed my mind to 87

spent the whole year going to 18th's at either T's or Zen's

& when not there

the Railway Tavern in Rape & Pillage

oh the joys of no responsibilities
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]99/00 For Music & Ibiza at it's peak numbers wise. Also was at the top of my Clubbing powers going all over the country in search of the next great night out.

started getting abit too 'ibiza uncovered' around that time..
    so so different from 3/4 years previously...
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]started getting abit too 'ibiza uncovered' around that time..

one of my mrs' mates was one of the girls featured on the series.
  • 1996 was a good year for me, was 20, pretty carefree for most it, started my first and only serious relationship, had a good year travelling with Charlton, Euro 96, the best boys holiday in Gran Canaria you could possibly imagine.

I was slim, injury free and fit as a butchers dog, doing alright at work, still living at home so loads of spare cash, yet was out every night of the week, If there was 8 of us out on a Tuesday it seemed like a poor turnout, Oasis / Blur and britpop kicking in.

Strange, i look back on that period and i only see sunny days !
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]1996 was a good year for me, was 20, pretty carefree for most it, started my first and only serious relationship, had a good year travelling with Charlton, Euro 96, the best boys holiday in Gran Canaria you could possibly imagine.

I was slim, injury free and fit as a butchers dog, doing alright at work, still living at home so loads of spare cash, yet was out every night of the week, If there was 8 of us out on a Tuesday it seemed like a poor turnout, Oasis / Blur and britpop kicking in.

Strange, i look back on that period and i only see sunny days !

Oh, and i forgot Kevin Lisbie making his debut :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Strange, i look back on that period and i only see sunny days !

i see what ya mean, i think that after this year, ya no 96/97 things in this country started going into the shape of a pear, i used to be able to walk the length of welling high street from th eguy to the moon or the curry house and get no greif from any oiks! These days and the days after i turned 18 is when it got shit! been goin downhill ever since imo
  • I find it dificult to tie it down to one year- there's been so many! ;-)

My Uni days 1981-85 were amazing- great times! Great companionship and "freedom" after moving out.

94 was amazing, birth of my eldest, fatherhood changes your life forever.
  • 97 2nd year at college. best times ever. first gigs, first festivals, first pub. great.
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]99/00 For Music & Ibiza at it's peak numbers wise. Also was at the top of my Clubbing powers going all over the country in search of the next great night out.

started getting abit too 'ibiza uncovered' around that time..

If you liked your Trance though 1999 was the year to be in Ibiza Fella.
  • Sponsored links:

• I went that year Ket's best holiday ever.Where did u use to go?
  • 2003, I was 19 and working full time in kings cross. My parents didn't charge me rent as I was saving up for uni, probably the most disposable income I will ever have. I didn't save and the money was mainly blown on alcohol, drugs and good times, including, loads of charlton away games, trance clubs most weeks and a week in ibiza with my best mate. I remember getting in at 4am then getting up at 6am to get to Old Trafford for a lunch time kick off! I was even was seeing a very nice girl at the time as well!

Shame it all went downhill and got a bit serious after 19!
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]What was your favourite year?
    Influenced by memories, music, parties, holidays, romance etc?

I think mine was probably 1984.

1984 - The Year Of Polo.

Good call DJDD.
  • 1992-3 - end of first year to end of second year at college. Lots of new mates, dodgy student nights in the local nightclub followed by a takeaway from the death van in the market square, tetris, network doom, merrydown nights, trophy hunting, lazy summer days by the river, numerous barbecues (free burgers!), gossip, scandal and debauchery. Maximum freedom, minimum responsibility.
  • hard to choose as I enjoy the past but you have to look forward. 98 was good as my son was born and Charlton had a good year I think. Any year from 76 to 81 when I was out seeing bands everynight, 91 when me and Lady Irving went on a month long driving holiday down the east coast of the US of A but if I had to choose 1979, was 17, left home, living in a dive in Hackney, had a stall down brick lane and doing various other things to raise money, was stick slim and I hadn't f***ed up my knee playing footie on astroturf.

Found some photos but can't upload them. I'll try and e-mail them AFKA to give you all a laugh.
  • Mine was 98 and 2006 also enjoying this year,but loved the 80s as well
  • 1983 for me. Started work - had money and no responsibility whatsoever. Travelled the country on Lewis Coaches following CAFC. In those days you could drink on the coach and we would fill the emergency exit stairwell with crates of beer and just get wasted. Never seemed to suffer from hangovers in those days .....................................
  • Lewis coaches!Lovely days
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Lewis coaches!Lovely days

Remember the little fat driver Eddie Cecil?
  • Yes m8!lol