Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What happened with the sending off?

I just happened to look away when what ever the Southend player did, got himself sent off. My dad reckonsr bailey got a dig in the kidneys, did anyone else see what happened!

Comments

• there was no play acting i repeat no play acting
  • correct nolly he is an honest pro who would not be seen to over react to the situation, in fact i think someone has already seen the knuckle marks on his kidneys
  • lol lol
  • It happened right in front of me. Bailey took a punch in the stomach. It was the sort of punch that if it hit him in the chin you'd call an uppercut (do you still call it that if its to the body?). Extreemly silly of Christophe to let Bailey wind him up like he did. No doubt at all about the crime though.

As for play acting - it was all play acting! Bailey paused thought about it and then threw himself to the ground rolling around like there was a sniper in the crowd. I have no doubt that if he'd copped one like that in any other circumastance he'd has stood up to it. Not cheating though, is it? Because this time he really was hit.
  • so we had a ref on our side for once .....
  • edited February 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]It happened right in front of me. Bailey took a punch in the stomach. It was the sort of punch that if it hit him in the chin you'd call an uppercut (do you still call it that if its to the body?). Extreemly silly of Christophe to let Bailey wind him up like he did. No doubt at all about the crime though.

As for play acting - it was all play acting! Bailey paused thought about it and then threw himself to the ground rolling around like there was a sniper in the crowd. I have no doubt that if he'd copped one like that in any other circumastance he'd has stood up to it. Not cheating though, is it? Because this time he really was hit.[/quote]

Were you on the pitch? JCF put two flat hands on the chest of bailey and barely gave him a shove. Bailey then held his face and acted as if he had just taken a fist to the face. There were no punches and even the shove was low and nowhere near his face. If bailey was in a a nightclub and someone gives him a gentle push is he going to fall down in the same way? Its cheating and totally uncalled for.
  • I was in the front row absolutely in line with it. I don't know where you were, but if you were in the Southend end you wouldn't have seen it. I was a clear punch!
    You are spot on about the dodgy play acting, but don't think that Bailey got him sent off, that was a red card long before Bailey went to ground.
  • Bailey was barley touched, I was still telling him he was embarrassing himself when they ref got the red card out.

Disappointing.
  • even if I had seen it I wouldn't have had a clear view. There were some Southend fans on the train home comparing Bailey to Hitler. ↲
    What you guys are saying seems to tie in with what I heard.
  • Guys - take it easy............

Bailey got punched - good and proper, in the stomach - off the ball.

Ref/lino saw it all, Bailey was OTT with his reaction (got a yellow) - but it was a straight red, no mistake, well done ref.

Remember back to Pat Van Den Hauwe for the spanners and the foul on Shaun Newton - went unpunished.

Let' move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]Bailey was barley touched, I was still telling him he was embarrassing himself when they ref got the red card out.

Disappointing.

Well it embarrasses me and you, but I don't think he's embarresed. Sure is was a glancing blow and he paused and the rolled around, but it was nevertheless a clear punch and a clear red. Absolutely no doubt at all.
  • Parkinson also defended his skipper Bailey after the 25th-minute flashpoint that saw Christophe receive his marching orders.

"I know Steve Tilson's probably come in here and moaned about Nicky Bailey but Christophe's run over and punched Bailey and the only player that Southend management should be disappointed in was their own player.

"When you run 20 yards and punched an opponent, you're off the pitch and when someone that size punches you, you're going to go down.

"Sometimes as a player you're best off going down and then you don't end up having a brawl. So Nick went down. He got punched, and that's it. It was a red card and I think when Steve Tilson sees that in the pictures tonight he can have no complaints.

"Nick ran over and did push a player out of the way and then Christophe's run over and punched him so I thought the ref called that about right. Nicky probably deserved his yellow. But it was also a definite red in my eyes.”
    Parky's view.
  • How may times is there a dodgy tackle in a game and then theres like 10 players pushing and shoving? Should they all fall down and play act? Bailey was totally out of order tonight. He is a class player and doesnt need to be like that. I said before the game to mate that bailey would win the game and in a strange way he did. I dont know what view you had but there was definately no punches and the shove would not have pushed my 4 year old son over it was that weak.
  • Raise your hands in a game and your going to get sent off.
    Bailey didn't need to roll around like he'd been shot but that's not what got the Southend player sent off!
  • Parky was a prick at colchester and he hasnt changed now. JCF did not run over to bailey he was trying to get the ball down and play the free kick when bailey bundled into him. He turned round shoved him (gently ) and bailey did his theatrics. Im all for managers defending players , but that is a joke. Atleast wenger says "i didnt see it to avoid embaressment".

Parky hates us for pipping him to the title about 4 years ago. The bloke is an arse.
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Raise your hands in a game and your going to get sent off.
    Bailey didn't need to roll around like he'd been shot but that's not what got the Southend player sent off!

yeah your right im sure if bailey had just walked away he would have got a red. Dont be a plum.
  • How are those sour grapes dopey bollocks?
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]Parky was a prick at colchester and he hasnt changed now. JCF did not run over to bailey he was trying to get the ball down and play the free kick when bailey bundled into him. He turned round shoved him (gently ) and bailey did his theatrics. Im all for managers defending players , but that is a joke. Atleast wenger says "i didnt see it to avoid embaressment".

Parky hates us for pipping him to the title about 4 years ago. The bloke is an arse.

1-2

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]Parky was a prick at colchester and he hasnt changed now. JCF did not run over to bailey he was trying to get the ball down and play the free kick when bailey bundled into him. He turned round shoved him (gently ) and bailey did his theatrics. Im all for managers defending players , but that is a joke. Atleast wenger says "i didnt see it to avoid embaressment".

Can you see that it might be hard to accept your description of bailey's sending off, when you post something like that?
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]How are those sour grapes dopey bollocks?

Mate whats funny is you think you are going up. You have just been beat by brighton and STRUGGLED to beat a ten man southend team. We know we are shit, but you are deluded anough to think you will be going up this year.

You have no chance. Even those filthy farmhands at colchester are better than you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mate, nobody on here thinks we're going up!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Mate, nobody on here thinks we're going up![/quote]

fair enough
  • jingle bells jingle bells
  • at least your pubs stayed in one piece this time shrimpy
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]

Mate whats funny is you think you are going up. You have just been beat by brighton and STRUGGLED to beat a ten man southend team. We know we are shit, but you are deluded anough to think you will be going up this year.

You have no chance. Even those filthy farmhands at colchester are better than you.

I think you have more chance of going down than us going up.
    Odd comment from you by the way....no Addick in his right mind thinks we 'will' go up....we simply have a reasonable chance....which recently we've done our best to destroy....but things can turn around very quickly and our good form could reappear just as quickly as it's dissapeared.
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]

if you hadn't resorted to childish name calling you might have got me to admit that I thought we would have been lucky To get a point let alone all three.
    And as WSS said, not many on here think we're anything but crud right now!
  • edited February 2010
    If we play like we did tonight and against norwich tuesday we will beat those around us . For what its worth i think you will be playing us again next year.
  • agree on that
  • nolly sussed him early on,
  • valiant phil. he did not get punched, it was pitiful doesnt even deserve the time handbags - was pathetic from bailey, it was embaressing!