Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CUBA - VARADERO

edited February 2010 in Match Day Travel
Thinking of going there for 1st anniversary at end of June.
Anyone been ?
Is there much nightlife and if so what hotels are nearest to the nightlife.
Dont really want to be stuck with only the hotels entertainment / food for 2 weeks.

We were thinking of maybe these 3 hotels
Sirenis La salina (says 13k from resort centre though)
Iberostar Tainos (number 2 rated on Tripadvisor)
Blau Varadero (number 3 on Tripadvisor)

Any advice gratefully received from the CL Travel Club.
I will also solve our attacking problems whilst out there, as I have heard there are loads of tricky left wingers out there.

Comments

• It is the "Cancun of Cuba" by all accounts - lively , bars, clubs and the like.

Iberostar are good hotels though.
  • Went to varadero years ago based on a lagoon, nice but you really are restricted in certain areas not really many shops to look around although we are talking 10 years ago. Some nice parks for a wander though
    From what i can remember the closer you are to the mainland bridge the better.
    Beaches are nice but can get very windy
    Al capones Holiday gaff is nice for a meal and the seafood is excellent.
    another plus is your only an hour and a bit from Havana which is a must.

I think the south of the island is the tourists hot spot now cant think of the name.
  • You might notice some local kids walking around in 3 or 4 year old Charlton kits because ShootersHillGuru was there a couple of years ago and before he went he e.mailed the club asking if they had any out of date kit he could donate, and if I remember correctly, the club provided him with a supply of shirts and shorts which he took with him.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I think the south of the island is the tourists hot spot now cant think of the name.
    I was in Guardalavaca last year. Was lovely but not very lively.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I think the south of the island is the tourists hot spot now cant think of the name.
    I was in Guardalavaca last year. Was lovely but not very lively.

Likewise. Picked Guardalavaca over Varadero because guide books we read said it was more authentically Cuban - took about 15 minutes to see all the sights though! I'd pick Varadero if I went again, purely for ease of access to Havana.
  • Varadero we when there for New year 3 years ago and it was great.

Highly recommended.
  • pic-beach_1574778i.jpg

Quick update for you onelung just stumbled across this on Telegraph pics

Cuba Varadero beach