Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pop ups on CL

edited January 2010 in Troubleshooting
Has anyone noticed of late that every now and again you go into a thread another window will open, i have not let it and always closed it so i dont know what its advertising

Just wondered is it just me who is getting this? generally i vary between having pop ups blocked & unblocked but have never until the last couple of days got any on this site

Yours Faithfully
John :-)

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you may have adware mate as I havn't had this. Get Advance Systemcare Pro from Download.com/Google and scan your system.
  • Options
    wont be good if i did as its work computer :-O

May have to download something thanks
  • Options
    MalwareBytes is your best bet. That'll remove most spyware/malware/adware and is so simple a child could use it. I haven't had to deal with a spyware problem at work for about 4 years - but then again, I know what I'm doing and put systems in place to prevent it. If this is a spyware problem, your sys admins want shooting.
  • Options
    shouldn't be getting them. Be interested to know if other people have been getting them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Sounds like you may have adware mate as I havn't had this. Get Advance Systemcare Pro from Download.com/Google and scan your system.

Just done that mate, said found quite a few problems and maybe it will sort it out thanks :-)
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]shouldn't be getting them. Be interested to know if other people have been getting them.

Thanks i assume for changing the category i forgot, also yes thats why i posted rather then just looked up problem as i would usually
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Sounds like you may have adware mate as I havn't had this. Get Advance Systemcare Pro from Download.com/Google and scan your system.

Just done that mate, said found quite a few problems and maybe it will sort it out thanks :-)
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]shouldn't be getting them. Be interested to know if other people have been getting them.

Thanks i assume for changing the category i forgot, also yes thats why i posted rather then just looked up problem as i would usually

No worries, hope it helped/worked! :)
  • Options
    What Leroy said, Malwarebytes is a great programme and if you go to majorgeeks.com you can download it for free.
  • Options
    Funny enough, it is just this computer and it is still happening?? even with the download as suggested by CAFC 4 life

got my internet sorted out home now, and not happened on there at all? any suggestions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Funny enough, it is just this computer and it is still happening?? even with the download as suggested by CAFC 4 life

got my internet sorted out home now, and not happened on there at all? any suggestions
    Do what I said. Download MalwareBytes from the link I provided and run it. Let it fix anything it finds. Reboot. Send me thanks.