Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jermaine Beckford

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]his agent (who also is incidentally the agent of Steven Fletcher, Alan Curbishley and Simon Jordan) was on the radio two days ago saying how he didn't think a move would be done, Jermaine wanted to stay at Leeds and take them up, there wasn't likely to be anything doing til the contract's up yadda yadda yadda...

modern football = money and total BS, nothing else

Simon Jordan has an agent????????? What for?
  • Rubery (Beckford's agent) works for First Artist which is a bit of a glossy "entertainment management" company so he doesn't just do footballers as say Sky Andrew or the like will
  • Jermaine Beckford
    ooooh
    Jermaine Beckford
    ooooh
    He kisses the badge on his chest,
    then hands in a transfer request!
  • Anyone else think Beckford is overrated?
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Anyone else think Beckford is overrated?
    ME.
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Anyone else think Beckford is overrated?

So not a player you'd like to see us sign?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Anyone else think Beckford is overrated?[/quote]

So not a player you'd like to see us sign?[/quote]

McLeod is better :-)

no he's class but by the looks of it has got caught up in his own hype, bet leeds are glad to get rid he is coming across as a bit of a knob. surely they would have got a bid anyways and didnt have to hand in a trasnfer request wat a dick though
  • edited January 2010
    As a goal-scorer he isn't overrated but as an all-round striker he definitely is.

He has pace and is a good finisher but he is average in the air, has a horrible first touch and doesn't work hard enough running the line.

Unless he is paired with a player who will do his running and fight his battles for him, as I imagine either Ameobi or Caroll will do at Newcastle, then he won't look anything special.

Pace and an eye for goal makes you a heavyweight in League 1, the most it will do in the Premier League is make him be a bit of a handful for the defensive line.
  • As long as he's sold before the next round of the cup ;-)

(not that I think he'd even get a sniff of the ball at WHL when he's up against Dawson and Bassong but better to be safe than sorry!)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Anyone else think Beckford is overrated?

I think he is a player of limited potential & no club should consider paying more than £1M to get him.
  • ooooohhhhhh....... this could be just what we need..... its a psychology guys, he goes, a couple of non reults, then a loss then the fans get nervous.......

ooooohhhh Im a bit excited, get the deal done...
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Anyone else think Beckford is overrated?

As long as we signed Becchio & Snodgrass & Gradel along with him.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Sources revealed Beckford has handed in a transfer request at Leeds United

silly boy...

he sits tight for 6 months, scores 20 more goals, gets Leeds promoted, becomes the hero that started the ball back rolling again, buggers off to someone and gets a fat wage rise and a big fat signing-on fee

I guess his thinking is that he'll go to Newcastle, score a few goals and become their new hero. they love a striker up there and if he fires them into the premier league he'll be a league higher than Leeds next season. Plus he'll probably double his money in the process.

me. He won't know what to do when the midfield at his new club don't play long balls up to him.
  • Rumour is Villa
  • According to a very reliable source in Yorkshire Mr. Beckford is on 6K per week at Elland Road, I woud imagine that Newcastle will more than double that and he'll get even more lolly in the Prem.

Its all about money, keep that in mind and you won't go far wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]According to a very reliable source in Yorkshire Mr. Beckford is on 6K per week at Elland Road, I woud imagine that Newcastle will more than double that and he'll get even more lolly in the Prem.

Its all about money, keep that in mind and you won't go far wrong.

villa could also double it or match newcastle for wages, also they are already in the premiership so i think they are a good bet. but thats if they're interested in him and if match the bid from Newcastle
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]According to a very reliable source in Yorkshire Mr. Beckford is on 6K per week at Elland Road, I woud imagine that Newcastle will more than double that and he'll get even more lolly in the Prem.

Its all about money, keep that in mind and you won't go far wrong.[/quote]

villa could also double it or match newcastle for wages, also they are already in the premiership so i think they are a good bet. but thats if they're interested in him and if match the bid from Newcastle[/quote]

Villa could afford him easily but he is nowhere near good enough for their first team, they already have Agbonlahor, Carew, Heskey, Young and a couple of others.
  • The reason I think this is good for us, is worst case scenario, they stay the same and keep winning, but by changing a winning formula they could well rock the boat... a couple of naff results and the game is on for the whole top of our division...
  • Sponsored links:

• appears he has signed for Newcastle for around 2m. Can we now expect McLean to move to Leeds and pray McLeod replaces him at Posh.
  • Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford withdraws his transfer request and says he will see the season out at Elland Road.

May be he's been offered a big signing on fee.
  • Can't help but be cynical about this...

A couple of weeks ago we were dropping points and Norwich were a little way off from catching Leeds and Bates gets an offer to buy a player who could move for nothing in six months. With promotion looking odds-on he scouts around for better offers before selling and prepares to buy a replacement.

Then Leeds drop a few points and Norwich keep racking up the points with us a few points behind. On balance he decides to up his offer to Beckford to stay.