Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jermaine Beckford

Comments

• Judging by Beckfords reaction to being subbed the other week, I would not be surprised if he is a bit like Parker and could refuse to play and demand a move. Would probably rather teams go for Hoolahan and if what Murray said is correct, Norwich may not be able to afford to turn any offers down
  • I guess the question is whether a prem club will come in for him in the summer (and what offers they get in January will probably help gauge this).

Otherwise - with Leeds looking good for promotion - he might as well stay, as they'll probably be the biggest club in the championship as well.
  • Well Newcastle look odds-on to be in the Prem next season so it would be hard for him to turn down that opportunity if they made an offer.
  • Beckford's agent is apparently quite a "busy" individual and has royally pissed off Bates & Grayson with his non-stop touting of Beckford to other clubs and apparently Grayson does not like him at all so don't be surprised if they cash in.....

I don't think they'll miss him that much anyway, they are still a very strong side without him.
  • Ormiston, as much as i agree that Leeds would be still a strong team without him, the bloke's scored 20 goals odd in all comps and any team would miss that kind of firepower.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do you reckon other team's boards are saying they hope we sell Burton?
    I was just thinking that, except they're probably thinking more Bailey than Burton.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Ormiston, as much as i agree that Leeds would be still a strong team without him, the bloke's scored 20 goals odd in all comps and any team would miss that kind of firepower.[/quote]

Very true, but the word from a very good source (who knows Grayson well) is that he can't stand Beckford's attitude, knows he will leave in the summer (on a free) anyway and that Cuddly Ken is also keen on getting some cash back for him.

If Leeds are 10+ points clear by the last week of the transfer window then they might decide to cash in anyway.

Even if they lose his goals the fact is that they still have an excellent defence so they could play for very tight 1-0's until they get a replacement in, the fact is that 2.5 million quid is a hell of a lot of money in League One.
  • His value might just have gone up.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]His value might just have gone up.

without a shadow of a doubt
  • Just scored against man u. This is only going to raise his profile even further being on tv so hopefull someone like boro come in for him or the geordies will come in for him although he is out of contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leeds will cash in, after all Bates needs the money!
  • and more games for leeds! Ha well done to them tho. Fair play!
  • well done Beckford and Leeds. deserved the win.......
  • Glad Leeds won they deserved it. Beckford just went up by a few mill :-)
  • edited January 2010
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Think we can forget about catching them, they look a much, much better side than us.

I know they were in cup-tie mode, but at least they have a cup-tie mode!

I've said it time and time again on here that they will not choke. The extra games will be a handicap but their second Team is as good as all bar two or three in our Division. Angergren had a blinder today but Shane Higgs is rated at least as good and before he got injured let in just 6 goals in 13 matches.

We need to carry on picking up the points and hop that that secures us second place. And none of us I suspect will complain about that.
  • Maybe they can concentrate on the Cup instead of the league, like we dont!
  • 8 points clear at the top of the league with a game in hand
    Northern final of the JPT
    Just knocked out Man Utd and go to Spurs in round 4.

Not a bad season so far!

And since Beckford had his strop he's scored 5 goals in 3 games, so i don't think his attitude is a problem.
  • With performances like that they'll do well in the Championship next season. I don't think Beckford should leave- they might be back in the Premiership soon enough and he could do with a season of Championship football first.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]With performances like that they'll do well in the Championship next season. I don't think Beckford should leave- they might be back in the Premiership soon enough and he could do with a season of Championship football first.

Totally agree, if they can keep their side together and make 1 or 2 additions, they'll have a good chance of going straight through the championship next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Newcastle United remain confident they can complete the signing of the Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford. Chris Hughton, the Newcastle manager, has reportedly already had a £1.25m bid turned down for the 26-year-old, whose 20th goal of the season sent Manchester United tumbling out of the FA Cup on Sunday.

Leeds have maintained their desire to hold on to Beckford, yet it is believed on Tyneside that a bid in the region of £3m would be enough to force a sale. "I wasn't at Old Trafford to see Jermaine, and there's no deal done yet," said Hughton. "All we can say is that we're working very hard on bringing in new players, and I'm very confident that we'll get them.
  • Leeds fans seem to think they will sell Beckford, for 2.5M to the Newcastle and use the money to purchase Billy Sharp and Owain Fon Williams on a free
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Leeds fans seem to think they will sell Beckford, for 2.5M to the Newcastle and use the money to purchase Billy Sharp and Owain Fon Williams on a free

Thought Fon Williams looked very good when we played at Stockport. Will be a good signing IMO.
  • Fon Williams is a good keeper and capable of playing in the Champ, but they've got Higgs to come back to fitness and Ankergren is not bad, I would have thought like us Leeds priorities would be elsewhere
  • Sources revealed Beckford has handed in a transfer request at Leeds United

silly boy...

he sits tight for 6 months, scores 20 more goals, gets Leeds promoted, becomes the hero that started the ball back rolling again, buggers off to someone and gets a fat wage rise and a big fat signing-on fee
  • Handed in a transfer request:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8444552.stm

Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford has handed in a transfer request, his agent has told BBC Radio 5 live.

Beckford, 26, scored United's goal as they clinched a shock 1-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford in round three of the FA Cup on Sunday.

He has been linked with a move away from the League One leaders to Championships side Newcastle.

Beckford, who joined the Elland Road outfit from non-League Wealdstone in 2006, is out of contract in the summer.

Leeds manager Simon Grayson said after the FA Cup win at Old Trafford that they were not looking to sell Beckford, but that "money talks".

And he added that if they did let him go, he would not go cheaply.

-----------

Will be hard replacing your goalscorer who has 20 goals mid way through a season, no matter what players you have
  • edited January 2010
    Leeds fans won't like this...
  • his agent (who also is incidentally the agent of Steven Fletcher, Alan Curbishley and Simon Jordan) was on the radio two days ago saying how he didn't think a move would be done, Jermaine wanted to stay at Leeds and take them up, there wasn't likely to be anything doing til the contract's up yadda yadda yadda...

modern football = money and total BS, nothing else
  • edited January 2010
  • doh...should have read above before i posted!