Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Schumacher

His return to F1 has been confirmed.
3 year deal with Mercedes (ex Brawn GP)

Should be interesting... :o)

Comments

• Hopefully he doesnt win it every time and put me off F1 again i hated F1 when he was involved just so dull. However sinces hes left i have been more into it than ever before. So i a word **** off Schumacher.
  • Agreed! He put me off F1 for life as it was sooo boring just watching him win almost every week!
  • F1 = person with best car wins!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Hopefully he doesnt win it every time and put me off F1 again i hated F1 when he was involved just so dull. However sinces hes left i have been more into it than ever before. So i a word **** off Schumacher.

Yeah, how dare he be good at something....
  • [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]Agreed! He put me off F1 for life as it was sooo boring just watching him win almost every week!

Plus hes a German ;-) Although when he was on top gear he seemed like a nice enough bloke.
  • ...I suppose we're also discounting the last 2 years he was racing when it was Alonso that won the Championship.

It should also be remembered that Hamilton wasn't driving when Schumacher was. Those 2 up against each other is going to be the fun bit.
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]

It should also be remembered that Hamilton wasn't driving when Schumacher was. Those 2 up against each other is going to be the fun bit.

Only if they are driving competitive cars.
  • BFR - The way the McLaren was developing towards the end of last season, I think the Merc, the McLaren & the Red Bull are going to be the front runners at the start of the season.
  • Could well be an very interesting season. Mclaren were flying towards the end of last season and with Mercedes money behind him Ross Brawn should be able to put a good car underneath statistcally the best F1 driver of all time. Will be interesting to see how Hamilton fairs against Shumacher. Assuming Ferrari get their act together Alonso is going to be back in a car worthy of his talents, too, and Red Bull should also be looking to push on, and in Vettel have a very promising young driver. And all that without mentioning the battle of the British World Champions at Mclaren (although I have a horrible feeling Button is going be shown up a bit next season).

Looks like there should be at least 4 teams on the grid at the first race with cars and drivers capable of winning the titles which surely has to be good news for the spectators.
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]...I suppose we're also discounting the last 2 years he was racing when it was Alonso that won the Championship.

Could be one of the most boring individulas ever to race in F1 against one of the most disliked. Jenson Button all the way for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamilton will 'smash' Button - well that's what Martin Brundle told me last week anyway!
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Hamilton will 'smash' Button - well that's what Martin Brundle told me last week anyway!

Ok but at least Button lives i the UK and represrents the UK. Hamilton represents the UK but lives in Switzerland if you dont like it then dont represent us.
  • So, not many of you would wander down to the MB dealership where I work if Michael came down for a promotion do with his motor.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Hamilton will 'smash' Button - well that's what Martin Brundle told me last week anyway!

Ok but at least Button lives i the UK and represrents the UK. Hamilton represents the UK but lives in Switzerland if you dont like it then dont represent us.

Button lives in Monaco.

Like Hamilton is a non-dom, officially lives elsewhere for tax reasons.
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]So, not many of you would wander down to the MB dealership where I work if Michael came down for a promotion do with his motor.

Personally - Maybe :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]So, not many of you would wander down to the MB dealership where I work if Michael came down for a promotion do with his motor.[/quote]

I work for MB as well and I hope he doesn't make it completely boring. I hope Hmilton and Button romp home next year.
  • Same here Stuart, I wonder if he should be trying it at all, but we'll see.. Nearest Redhill MB has come to anything to do with F1 was displaying the CLK safety car for a week! We weren't sure it was the real one either.
  • Really quite an exciting season ahead, and I think it will be beetween Vettel and Hamilton, until the Ferrari get it together if they can. Cannot see Scheuy winning it but depends on the package......