Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tickets Update

edited December 2009 in Match Day Travel
Stockport 454
Brentford 827
Walsall 258

An extra coach will run on the A21 to the Brentford game, picking up at Bexhill, Hastings, Ore, Battle, Pembury, Tonbridge and Bessels Green.

Comments

• how are the tickets going for the home game to millwall?
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how are the tickets going for the home game to millwall?

I can't give you a figure for that, but I can say we have never expected the attendance to exceed 20,000.
  • still gotta do the brentford tickets, keep forgetting
  • Thanks Airman,

Very useful
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how are the tickets going for the home game to millwall?

I can't give you a figure for that, but I can say we have never expected the attendance to exceed 20,000.

But surely there are 5,000 Millwall with tickets for our end that day? Or so they would have us believe.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how are the tickets going for the home game to millwall?

really ? I mean I never expected a sell out but expected maybe 22k. We had 17k last week, add an extra 2k officially in the away end and then I thought a couple of thousand lapsed season ticket holders might put in an appearance. Oh well, still an attendance that Millwall and Palace can only dream about.
  • 454 for Stockport ain't too shabby in my opinion especially since the Yeovil experience might have put a few off doing that again and the fact that you can pay on the day.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]454 for Stockport ain't too shabby in my opinion especially since the Yeovil experience might have put a few off doing that again and the fact that you can pay on the day.

And the fact that it may very well be called off!
  • edited December 2009
    I agree Large, an official "things are looking alright" on Friday (however unlikely or likely this might be) will get a few leaving it late doing the trip

Also a fair amount of northern exiles will be paying on the gate

600-700ish would be decent enough

Southampton took 710, Millwall 461

I have no doubt that in the last week, the number shifted will be VERY low given the current situation
  • yep soton took 710 whilst clearly being further away and having lost 2 and drawn 2 of their first 4 games of the season and millwalls home gates are just ove half of what we get at home and they are shit and have played there recently
  • Sponsored links:

• What ooh ahh says

Sorry but 5-600 is a joke, they will probably bring 400 to The Valley
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]

really ? I mean I never expected a sell out but expected maybe 22k. We had 17k last week, add an extra 2k officially in the away end and then I thought a couple of thousand lapsed season ticket holders might put in an appearance. Oh well, still an attendance that Millwall and Palace can only dream about.

You need to bear in mind that we have squeezed out all the comps for this game, including tickets that normally go to the academy boys, local schools, the community scheme, etc. We have also restricted sales and won't sell on the day. The overall impact of this is probably roughly equal to the difference between Millwall's support and Southend's.

If we put on a couple of thousand home match tickets that would still leave us shy of 20,000 and represent a large percentage increase over normal match sales.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yep soton took 710 whilst clearly being further away and having lost 2 and drawn 2 of their first 4 games of the season and millwalls home gates are just ove half of what we get at home and they are shit and have played there recently

BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]

You need to bear in mind that we have squeezed out all the comps for this game, including tickets that normally go to the academy boys, local schools, the community scheme, etc. We have also restricted sales and won't sell on the day. The overall impact of this is probably roughly equal to the difference between Millwall's support and Southend's.

If we put on a couple of thousand home match tickets that would still leave us shy of 20,000 and represent a large percentage increase over normal match sales.

I can understand the clubs stance and its a real shame, I would love to see the valley packed for this 1st local derby in years, you dont see this many empty seats in other local derbys
  • In Fairness 19k in Division Three is not that bad, think you'll find it beats all the the recent matches v Millwall in higher divisions including the top one hands down.
  • I don't have the books with me, but I would guess it will still be the highest attendance for the fixture at The Valley since 1971/2, when it was a potential promotion game for Millwall. Crowds against Palace have tended to be higher and I have a feeling we had a gate of about 6,000 for Millwall in the early 1980s.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Stockport 454
    Brentford 827
    Walsall 258

An extra coach will run on the A21 to the Brentford game, picking up at Bexhill, Hastings, Ore, Battle, Pembury, Tonbridge and Bessels Green.

Hastings???? why would you support Charlton if you were from Hastings??? i notice Canterbury once again aint there train for me. O well i quiet like training it really.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yep soton took 710 whilst clearly being further away and having lost 2 and drawn 2 of their first 4 games of the season and millwalls home gates are just ove half of what we get at home and they are shit and have played there recently

Fulham are at Burnley on Saturday - a new ground for them and a Premiership fixture to boot

do you want a £20 charity bet (for Delmeza) that we have more at Stockport than they do at Turf Moor?
  • There will be more Spanners in the Jimmy South Stand than there was at The Den for an FA Cup game last night.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]There will be more Spanners in the Jimmy South Stand than there was at The Den for an FA Cup game last night.

it's their cup final innit!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Stockport 454
    Brentford 827
    Walsall 258

Hastings???? why would you support Charlton if you were from Hastings??? i notice Canterbury once again aint there train for me. O well i quiet like training it really.

You have to be on a wind up.
  • Would be useful if you did run some coaches from Cantebury Airman!
  • They go from Whitstable don't they? Not far.
  • Just got my Brentford and Warsaw tickets.
  • No idea JT.
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick

Fulham are at Burnley on Saturday - a new ground for them and a Premiership fixture to boot

do you want a £20 charity bet (for Delmeza) that we have more at Stockport than they do at Turf Moor?

i'll do a £20 charity bet that fulham bring more than the 260 we brought there on a saturday in january last year
  • oohaah has finally got his wish and turn CL into a gambling site!

He'll now *never* leave. . . .
  • Got my Brentford and Walsall tickets now :D student for Brentford :)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just got Plaaayers Brentford and Warsaw tickets.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

i'll do a £20 charity bet that fulham bring more than the 260 we brought there on a saturday in january last year[/cite]

that wasn't the bet.

If you're going bore everyone at least go with it !