Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Weeks or Bust

Comments

• So who are these 'sources'?
  • Don't think it would take more then 6 minutes for a deal to be done, let alone 6 weeks
  • due dilligence has already been done by other groups - can the Gold;s not use those & speed up the timeframe ?
  • Two_Sheds always said we should've invested in Gold a long time ago.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Two_Sheds always said we should've invested in Gold a long time ago.

At $1100 an ounce he was right...
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]due dilligence has already been done by other groups - can the Gold;s not use those & speed up the timeframe ?

Would you rely on somebody elses checks or would you want to make sure for yourself if you were contemplating a substantial investment?
  • well, the timescale may be due to the fact that he wants to get the maximum value for his investment and at 72 years of age every week is a blessing !!
  • 6 weeks?

What will he do then take over West Ham debt for 3 times the price?

Take over Palace for nothing?
  • Can easily be achieved, due diligancy, then a deal to be struck with Murrey and co, this will be easier to do as alot of the other directors have been rode out, i should imagian a fee has already been agreed,
  • Number 1 - it doesn't say anything about going bust.
    Number 2 - if it's not tied-up by mid January then we'll miss spending any new investment in the transfer window
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember a certain mr Murray saying they will only sell to the right buyers for this club!
  • seems a bit strange.

SLP has good connections to Charlton but they have run some stories that have been way off recently.

Not clear who is setting the 6 weeks deadline or why?

Could be SLP trying to give fresh legs to a story they were scooped on by the newsshopper.

Someone find out what they are saying on the Palace BBS?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Someone find out what they are saying on the Palace BBS?

they are just saying how much they don't care about us.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Someone find out what they are saying on the Palace BBS?

they are just saying how much they don't care about us.

Again. If they say it enough they may even convince themselves.

They had a long thread on Gold taking them over. Wondered if they had eard about this stroy or gold being at our game.
  • They aremainly talking yellow submarine murders!
    one thread is titled : Help needed for a murder
  • Today, 12:18 PM

Budgie Byrne

While it is all very entertaining, despite the ground being churned up time and time again. I think it is fair to say the fans are split three ways about Ron and I doubt at this point in time many will switch from one camp to another.

However where we are now has nothing to do with Ron Noades, he sold the club 12 years ago. In many respects it has nothing to do with Mark Goldberg, he managed the club into administration, we came out of administration debt free and with a clean slate.

Where we are today is all about how SJ has run the club since 2000 and how he has dealt with the same issues that all the other club chairmen have had to deal with in that time.

The ground issue is a bit of a red herring. SJ could have left the lease on the original terms that Goldberg had, he could even at a stretch left it as it was under the new terms he negotiated with Ron, although that would have been approaching the end of its life now, but he had the option to extend it.

He could have even purchased the ground himself with some of the money the club picked up from one season in the premier league and profit on player sales as a down payment and a long term mortgage on the balance. SJ choose not to, but did choose the option we are stuck with at present.

I cannot see anyway Ron Noades would consider coming back to Palace at this stage. I doubt he has anything like the cash available to even consider such a move and why would he put at risk all he has built Altonwood into over the past 12 years?

As for David Gold, Charlton would seem to be the sensible option. West Ham are almost in as bad a mess as Palace. Yes they could survive this season in the premier league, but it is a big risk with a huge amount of cash.

Palace would need an investment of around £70million to put us back into any sort of shape to make a realistic bid to get back into the premier league and stay they, with a stadium fit for purpose.

Charlton for a small investment of say £20million would offer him a great opportunity to be back in the premier league within two - three years. A stadium fit for purpose, a board to support him and a club with good community links and a potential to fill the stadium every week. He could then watch his investment grow or indeed if he wanted increase his stake and influence. Much less stress than either Palace or WHU.

I think if we are looking for a new owner(s) we need to look elsewhere, if there is one to be found.

Where have all the entertainers gone from the beautiful game?
    Too many athletes, too few players who get the crowd on its feet in anticipation!
  • bet that went down well.
  • nice one. Got a link?
  • Awww shucks they really do love us!
  • I'd rather be a Budgie than an Eagle. Sounds like he will be wanting to support us soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Number 1 - it doesn't say anything about going bust.
    In terms of the takeover with Gold Mr. Pedantic. :-)
  • I have no doubt that this is rubbish. However........

I am guessing Gold will not want another year in this division so for his money to make an impact he is likely to want to be in situ by mid January to ensure we can spend in the window.
  • T/O thread please ;)
  • Lets see if Murray really has the club at heart of he is thinking of his wallet

This is a no brainer....sell the club Murray now..
  • *Murray see's Bexley boys post and sells immediately*
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bexleyboy[/cite]Lets see if Murray really has the club at heart of he is thinking of his wallet

This is a no brainer....sell the club Murray now..

To whom? Has Gold even made an offer yet?

"No Brainer" indeed.
  • I agree Henry, I would like to know- Officially-whether an offer has been made or if one is forthcoming. Evidence clearly points to an interest but I'm sure we would all love to know a bit more.
  • If the six weeks thing is a clue that takes us up to the end of January and therefore the end of the transfer window. If our form holds up then a prospective new owner will be acquiring a club on the verge of promotion without having to strengthen the squad too much - and traditionally players who move in January are either freebies unwanted at their former clubs or panic buys who usually move for more than their market worth. After Jan 31st a new owner is stuck with the squad he inherits - plus any loanees they can pick up.
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I agree Henry, I would like to know- Officially-whether an offer has been made or if one is forthcoming. Evidence clearly points to an interest but I'm sure we would all love to know a bit more.

I doubt we will be told until it is done and dusted after what happened with Zebeel.
  • telegraph reporting today it's whu or us . Personally after all the takeover speculation im fed up with it all.Just hope we go up this year or really fear for us in the long term.