Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Frankie Miller and "just a boy's game"

Have been listening to Frankie Miller (how good was he) and was wondering if anyone else remembers the TV play he was in late 70s. Brutally violent tale of Glasgow street life.

There was another play about the same time about someone who was in a Glasgow Orange band but was mates with lots of Catholics. Anyone remember what it was called.

And if you haven't already ring 0871 626 88 47 and vote.

Comments

• Was it Just Another Saturday starring Billy Connolly?
  • sorry henry don't remember the play but do remember frankie.

i remember him primarily because i once saw someone wearing a tshirt and on the front it said " frankie who " ? and on the back it said " frankie f**king miller, that's who "
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Was it Just Another Saturday starring Billy Connolly?

Thanks, yes it was but don't remember Billy Connelly being in it.

Then again I was a sallow youth then : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]sorry henry don't remember the play but do remember frankie.

i remember him primarily because i once saw someone wearing a tshirt and on the front it said " frankie who " ? and on the back it said " frankie f**king miller, that's who "

Great t-shirt.

Great blues/rock singer. Bit like early Rod or Paul Rogers. Come on Nigel, you must have interviewed him.
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Was it Just Another Saturday starring Billy Connolly?

The clue is in the title of the thread...

It also starred Rab C Nesbitt .
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Was it Just Another Saturday starring Billy Connolly?

The clue is in the title of the thread...

It also starred Rab C Nesbitt .

Err?

Two different plays.
  • My mate worked with him in the early nineties, when they were both working for the same recording studio. One day "Darlin'" came on the radio he said "Ah f**kin' hate that song..."
  • I seem to recall at the time, the police were trying to stop it being publicly shown somewhere or other saying that it would cause bloodshed and street fighting and hence it immediately became compulsory to see it. I was doing WEA classes on class conflict at the time and it was recommended viewing. Think Billy only had a relatively minor part, but I'm really struggling to remember any of it.
  • Found them on DVD. Both on Amazon.

Appears the Lenny Henry TV play Coast to Coast still isn't out on DVD. Great play, great soundtrack too.
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Appears the Lenny Henry TV play Coast to Coast still isn't out on DVD. Great play, great soundtrack too.

A favourite of mine too Henry. Rarely seen I'm afraid.