Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our fans when we travel

edited November 2009 in Match Day Travel
In the terreces yesterday it was wet, cold, and there were people clearly not having fun. However when we travel and go away you always end up with conflicting views as fans. You will get the ellement of brainless who feel every away day is an excuse to get pissd, use foul language and run down the town we are visiting, then others who want to get to know more about the place and chat to the locals maybe even make new friends (a bit hard with weather like yesterday granted). Yesterday was a classic comments like pikey west country c***s are unescessary and to be frank should not be welcome Yeovil (although yesterday diddnt show this cos of the weather) its a nice place nice people and a very layed back countryside lifestyle. If the weather permitted it i would have loved to have explored some of the town i knew it was a nice place but would go back because i diddnt get to see any of the town.

Its always diffcult when we travel away as there are some who are determined to go out ruining the day for everyone and then some who just want a good day out and to visit a new town and meet knew people. However i feel that we all support the same club so would should cater to eachothers needs. What other views do we have on here?

Comments

• Yes, we are all unique.
  • Yes,we are all individuals........
  • i think ruperts writing style seems to have changed dramatically.
  • I thought we concluded after the Gillingham game that one is not a proper away fan unless one drinks 15 pints and abuses anybody that wants to sit and watch the football and anybody that does want to sit and watch the football should not be allowed to go!

Doubtless the Fans' Forum reps will express those views when deciding future ticket allocation for away games.

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]i think ruperts writing style seems to have changed dramatically.

I had a long discussion about this on the way back with a mate and i have had a long time to think about what i was going to say so thats probly why it looks so different.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I thought we concluded after the Gillingham game that one is not a proper away fan unless one drinks 15 pints and abuses anybody that wants to sit and watch the football and anybody that does want to sit and watch the football should not be allowed to go!

Doubtless the Fans' Forum reps will express those views when deciding future ticket allocation for away games.

:-)

Yea it just embarsses me when i walk round a ground to have a look at local surroundings and you have the brainless CAFC contingent all chanting West country wankwankwank. Or West country pikies that sort of thing especially to a small unassuming town like Yeovil were the locals are legendary but no there is always a few who only care about being abusive really winds me up and most of them are older than me by about 20 years.
  • edited November 2009
    they are fans as well
  • edited November 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]In the terreces yesterday it was wet, cold, and there were people clearly not having fun. However when we travel and go away you always end up with conflicting views as fans. You will get the ellement of brainless who feel every away day is an excuse to get pissd, use foul language and run down the town we are visiting, then others who want to get to know more about the place and chat to the locals maybe even make new friends (a bit hard with weather like yesterday granted). Yesterday was a classic comments like pikey west country c***s are unescessary and to be frank should not be welcome Yeovil (although yesterday diddnt show this cos of the weather) its a nice place nice people and a very layed back countryside lifestyle. If the weather permitted it i would have loved to have explored some of the town i knew it was a nice place but would go back because i diddnt get to see any of the town.[/quote]

Hang on people who go to the game get pissed have a good laugh are not brainless, who actually looks at an away game fixture and thinks oh i'll go to that hopefully make some friends... get a grip man football is a mans game let people enjoy it everyone is different.
    Its always diffcult when we travel away as there are some who are determined to go out ruining the day for everyone and then some who just want a good day out and to visit a new town and meet knew people. However i feel that we all support the same club so would should cater to eachothers needs. What other views do we have on here?
  • i agree J block
  • yep - agree with that, I tend to pick my away games on where we can have the best drink (the game is almost secondary really), don't get me wrong I still love the football but I've been and done almost 65 odd grounds over the past 30 years and now just want to have a bit of a laugh with the lads !...plus I don't get to do that many these days for family reasons so even more excuse to pick one which can coincide with a decent beer.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]yep - agree with that, I tend to pick my away games on where we can have the best drink (the game is almost secondary really), don't get me wrong I still love the football but I've been and done almost 65 odd grounds over the past 30 years and now just want to have a bit of a laugh with the lads !...plus I don't get to do that many these days for family reasons so even more excuse to pick one which can coincide with a decent beer.[/quote]

hear hear
  • J block has it right.
  • agreed
  • echo them sentiments
  • agreed ^^ have a laughhhh, if the same people who went yday go to an away game with a roof we'd get a cracking atmo going
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]yep - agree with that, I tend to pick my away games on where we can have the best drink (the game is almost secondary really), don't get me wrong I still love the football but I've been and done almost 65 odd grounds over the past 30 years and now just want to have a bit of a laugh with the lads !...plus I don't get to do that many these days for family reasons so even more excuse to pick one which can coincide with a decent beer.

Spot on
  • That's because everyone was pissed.
  • sorry, can't agree with J Block - especially hiding behind the old "football's a man's game,blah,blah, get used to it, blah, blah, i've got a right to gt pi**ed, swear, terriose the locals blah blah "

I have nothing against those who want to stand up, sing(as long as its not the "family" song and I leven chuckle at the "bouncy bouncy" brigade.......but that does not condone those going to a game just to get drunk.
  • If you get to a ground early enough, then why not drink, passes time, simple logic aint it
  • Sponsored links:

• Not if you're driving.
  • edited November 2009
    Or operating heavy machinery
    My bouncing was second to none on saturday
  • I think mr J block has a good and reasonably put point there

If you go to away days without the intention of having a beer then I personally bear no ill will toward thee

I don't appreciate being called a pisshead or a drunk though because I do.
  • I dont mind being called a pisshead or a drunk. I generally choose my away games on where i can have a decent drink before and sometimes after. I choose my train times so i arrive somewhere 3 hours before kick off so i can have said beer. I have forgotten the point of this conversation.
  • Pisshead
  • Sometimes you need a few drinks before watching Charlton, but that does not mean you can abuse the local population. I get sick and tired of having to listen to drunken louts question the parentage of the local fans and other abusive chants, sure verbally abuse the opposing team and their ground but not the people. And NO it not an excuse to say they do it to us, just rise above it and support Charlton instead of abusing the opposition.
  • O o o o o, did someone mention the adams family song? Oh, your sister.........
  • I think I might have chucked my ticket in a long time ago if it wasn't for the drink before (and sometimes after) the game!
  • I go to away games and have a few pints....and usually get involved when singing piss take songs about opposition fans. Its never aggresive and i would never start trouble but if they go home and cry cos ive called them a dirty northerner then they need help!!!
  • We're guna sign his mother...
    The Sodje family....