Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Ravi Shankar. Indian classical music is built around pieces designed to be played at different times of the day, and I'm listening to a morning raga which is a very soothing way to start the day....
  • Just read an article in the Times about an exhibition in Paris marking the 50th aniversary of the recording of 'Kind of Blue'. I think I will be listening to that for a good part of the day.
  • Moved on to The Dirtbombs - Ultraglide In Black
  • Louis Prima.
  • fear of music-talking heads
  • John McCusker - Under One Sky
  • Dummy - Portishead.
  • miss perfumado-cesaria evora
  • Carter USM - 101 Damnations
    Blimey! That takes me back! I still remember their live performances as if they happened yesterday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]
    Carter USM - 101 Damnations

Blimey! That takes me back! I still remember their live performances as if they happened yesterday.

every album a classic, played 101 Damnations, 1992 and Post Historic Monsters today. Not only good music, but terrific lyrics too.

Jim Bob did a solo gig at Brixton windmill last month but I didn't find out until too late. Just my bloody luck I am away for the Carter gigs later this month.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Fu Manchu - King of the road.

New Album out

Any good? Last one was too much Rock not enough Stoner for me.

Did go and see them on the tour though Carling Academy Islington. Was awesome. Godzillaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Clutch were the first band I see live supporting sepultura at the la2 in 94

I've not got round to getting the new one yet....yes i was at that one...awesome indeed.

Clutch were good tuesday night i missed the first support band but caught Kylesa who were very intense with two drummers.I supposed to going to Monster Magnet/Karma To Burn/Lions gig in December i'm not sure i can make it now.

Clutch were the first band I see live supporting sepultura

Quicksand, thorn in my side and tracy by mogwai
  • edited November 2009
    every album a classic, played 101 Damnations, 1992 and Post Historic Monsters today. Not only good music, but terrific lyrics too.

Jim Bob did a solo gig at Brixton windmill last month but I didn't find out until too late. Just my bloody luck I am away for the Carter gigs later this month.
    I'm also going to miss them. I will never forget my first Carter gig as I fell over in the mosh and nearly had the crap kicked out of me (The same thing happened at my first wedding present gig). The last time I saw them was at Brixton, phenomenal they were, Bloodsport for all was mental!
  • Oh and bret, you got it goin on by flight of the conchords, Childish but I cant help but laugh at it every time i hear it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2LpeA3jcEU
  • Call me impressionable, but this thread keeps making me want to hear things.

I've dug out cds by Louis Prima, Miles Davis and Cesaria Evora for this evening's entertainment due to suggestions above !
  • * vancouveraddick
    * CommentTime5 minutes ago edited

# 106
    Local Natives - Quality new band from LA

BBC Sessions Video - Local Natives

Take Away Show from a school round the corner from me.
    Bloody hell they're good.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]
    * vancouveraddick
    * CommentTime5 minutes ago edited

# 106
    Local Natives - Quality new band from LA

BBC Sessions Video - Local Natives

Take Away Show from a school round the corner from me.

Bloody hell they're good.

Proper nice guys as well, they stayed at a mates when they played his night - I think they may have what it takes to be fair.
  • Definitely, cracking songs. I'll keep an eye on them, I'd like to see them live.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Definitely, cracking songs. I'll keep an eye on them, I'd like to see them live.

I think they're in the UK in December and January.
  • jimi hendrix. voodoo chile outtakes......from Electric ladyland
  • Sponsored links:

• Debashish Bhattacharya - Calcutta Chronicles
  • Am having to tidy the flat before going to the pub.
    The Music at full blast

I think my neighbours hate me
  • Just put on the most recent freebie CD from Mojo ... The Man Machine ... some very good electronic stuff on there
  • Lady In The Water soundtrack (James Newton Howard)
    Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us (Paradise Lost)
    World Painted Blood (Slayer) - unfortunately its pooh.
  • under the blacklight-rilo kiley
  • maverick a strike-finley quaye ( whatever happened to him )
  • this weekend:
    whilst at home - Fleetwood Mac - the greatest hits
    whilst in the car - Aztec Camera - love
  • Lou Reed - New York
  • Fleetwood Mac too after seeing them at Wembley on Friday night.

Local Natives are a great little band. Saw them supporting of Montreal in the summer and definitely worth checking out if they are back over here in the new year.

New Wild Beasts album is getting a few plays too.
  • Silvan Zingg (Swiss Boogie-Woogie Ambassador)