Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyrics you've got wrong

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Rocks by Primal Scream :-

The chorus goes :-

Get your rocks off
Get your rocks off honey
Shake it now now
Get 'em off downtown

I though last line was :-

Get a muff downtown :-)

Prefer my version tbh LOL

Comments

• When i first saw Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at Leeds festival about 7 years ago i think.

I thought they were singing - Spread your love like a beaver
    When it should have been - Spread your love like a fever

:-S
  • Great stuff. The most 'famous' of these, probably apocryphal, is 'Excuse me while I kiss this guy', Hendrix Purple Haze.

Although I also like 'Let's pee in the corner, let's pee in the spotlight' for REM's 'That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight'.

Smells like Teen Spirit, 'Here we are now in containers' (should be 'entertain us')
  • My Mrs :-

Devil Gate Drive by Suzi Quatro,

She asked to buy Dibbeldy Drive (age 10 )

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Spare him his life for his Walls sausages
  • edited November 2009
    Not lyrics but certainly a mis-pronounciation...

Me (to a friend): ''Xavi Alonso was awesome last night''
    Later in the day...
    Mrs: Who does he play for?
    Me: Who?
    Mrs: Chavy Longsleeve.
  • Not me, but the old classic by Simply Red:

Bunny's to tight to mention
  • Simply Red, follow up to Bunnys too tight to mention....holding back the ears
  • My girlfriend:

Asked me one day who Adam Shaw was, while listening to 'You're Beautiful' by James Blunt.

Actual line: "I met an angel, of that I'm sure"
  • edited November 2009
    "I fell in love with San Pedro"....Maddona.....La Isla bonita.
    Always thought she was saying "I fell in love with some deigo"!
    Next time you hear it you'll get what I mean.

Incidently anyone ever been to San Pedro.....(the one in Belize of course)....images on the web look fantastic.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]"I fell in love with San Pedro"....Maddona.....La Isla bonita.

Incidently anyone ever been to San Pedro.....(the one in Belize of course)....images on the web look fantastic.

Ask Andy Hunt ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]"I fell in love with San Pedro"....Maddona.....La Isla bonita.

Ask Andy Hunt ;-)

Yes, he sprang immediately to mind of course at the mention of Belize.........not sure if he's ever been there though.
  • Sponsored links:

• For years I thought "We Will Rock You" contained the line "kicking your cat all over the place".
  • Robert Palmer - "You might as well face it, you're a dickhead in love"
    ABBA - that song with Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan in the background. I've never actually found out what it is.

(PaddyP17 here on seth's account)
  • From Grease:

"You are the one that I want...You are the vol au vent"

From the Titanic song:

"Whereever you are.... and I know that the hot dogs go on"

and from Every breath you take

"and the poo hole aches... with every breath you take"
  • My favourite is in "I want you back" by the Jackson Five.
    Michael was about 9 when he sang lead on this, and I always heard one line as, "Oh baby, I can't find my testicles".
    To this day I don't know what the real lyric is.
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]ABBA - that song with Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan in the background. I've never actually found out what it is.

(PaddyP17 here on seth's account)
    Take a chance on me?
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]"I fell in love with San Pedro"....Maddona.....La Isla bonita.

Ask Andy Hunt ;-)

Talking about Andy Hunt, and in the spirit of the thread. It was only when my son went to a match live that he found out that the third line to the Andy Hunt song wasn't

"He's got a name like his Granny."

and I had to come clean and try to explain what the real lyric meant.
  • edited November 2009
    Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat

"So I'd like to know where, you got the nose from"
  • Sam Quintein I hate every inch of you
  • Is It A Dream by The Damned contains the line "Stand in a line like a parking meter". My mate and I were playing it one day and his girlfriend complained that it was a sick song. When we asked why she explaind she didn't like the line "stand in a line like a puppy beater".
  • My Mrs thought "papa don't preach" by Madonna was Poppadom preach!
  • Sponsored links:

• My ex sang " abe the bike rider" to the Beatles Paperback writer
  • 'Alright now, baby it's alright now..............let's move before they raise the f*****g rent' (Free). I was told recently it's 'parking'. Can't believe it, is that right?
  • [cite]Posted By: tom- k[/cite]My Mrs thought "papa don't preach" by Madonna was Poppadom preach!

I used to wonder what a poppadum priest did.

Shameful
  • We're going to win the cup, we're going to win the cup.
  • I was DJ'ing a few weeks back for a school party (for the teachers and staff). A lady came up to me and asked for the 'dinner ladies song'. I said I didn't know it, who was it by? She toddled off to ask her mate and came back and said Beyonce. It puzzled me for a while until I realised she meant 'Single Ladies'. She really believed it was 'dinner ladies'!
  • i have been known to get the words to "Good bye Horse" wrong and start singing "5.15" by the Who.
  • edited July 2017
    The last week I've been singing along to "don't be afraid to catch fish".
  • I always thought it was "Since I was young, I followed 'em, CAFC, the team for me"

I still believe 'em is better than on...
  • "I fell in love with San Pedro"....Maddona.....La Isla bonita.

@SoundAsa£ - I love Belize and San Pedro, proposed to my now wife there a couple of years ago - stunning place and probably the most chilled out location on earth. Can be a bit of a pain to get to, we went by boat from Mexico, but it's totally worth it.
  • My misheard lyric was the Killers and Mr Brightside. At first thought he was singing "coz I miss her bright side" - even after I knew the title of the song I still thought that was the lyric as the whole song is about her going off with another bloke and him missing out. Actually, thinking about it I should write to Brandon Flowers and suggest he change the lyrics as mine make more sense.