Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton away tickets.....(sold out)

Just rung up charlton. Go on sale early next week to season ticket holders with 3 yes THREE away ticket history. Let the moaning commence................

Comments

• I'm sorted then LOL!!

Who wants a ticket then?.............Were start the bidding at £60.....lol
  • why would anyone moan....
    I am not a season ticket holder this season, so why should I be able to get tickets for the more appealing games before someone who has traipsed up to Hartlepool,Tranmere etc.

That said, it is on my birthday.....
  • if we both get knocked out of the FA Cup this weekend could this game then be switched to Nov 28th, 2nd Round day, as opposed to three days later on 1st Dec ?
    Would make more sense all round.
  • I will trump terry. £55 for mine. Bargain
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]if we both get knocked out of the FA Cup this weekend could this game then be switched to Nov 28th, 2nd Round day, as opposed to three days later on 1st Dec ?
    Would make more sense all round.

So, Tuesday night it is then!

Think positive Large :-)
  • To be honest... for three away bookings you would've needed to go to:

Orient, Gillingham and Colchester... put together there and back from SE7 that's not even the distance to Carlisle!

How can anyone moan?!
  • Surprised they didnt make it 5 aways
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    How can anyone moan?!

Done all three yet i haven't got a single marking against my con number for attending them. Sure there are others in a similar boat.
  • don't know about a similar boat AFKA but it looks like you are up a creek without a paddle !!

PS INSIST that they take your CON numbers.
  • edited November 2009
    Brighton ticket info should be published imminently, but the basic requirement for first priority will be purchase of three away games INCLUDING one of Hartlepool, Hereford, Tranmere or Carlisle. If we allowed any three away games the pool of potential purchasers would be too big and we felt that if someone has travelled to one of these games they deserve priority over people who have "only" done the more attractive away games.

Tickets will go on sale on Monday.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Brighton ticket info should be published imminently, but the basic requirement for first priority will be purchase of three away games INCLUDING one of Hartlepool, Hereford, Tranmere or Carlisle. If we allowed any three away games the pool of potential purchasers would be too big and we felt that if someone has travelled to one of these games they deserve priority over people who have "only" done the more attractive away games.

sounds a very fair system to me
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Brighton ticket info should be published imminently, but the basic requirement for first priority will be purchase of three away games INCLUDING one of Hartlepool, Hereford, Tranmere or Carlisle. If we allowed any three away games the pool of potential purchasers would be too big and we felt that if someone has travelled to one of these games they deserve priority over people who have "only" done the more attractive away games.

Not including Northwich in there?
  • got my ticket :-)
  • well i have three games on my history but none of them :( did go tranmere tho :( :(
  • Not that I'm going to Brighton due to distance/midweek but well done Airman on that system
  • why should a single person with no mortgage and kids get priority over me just coz they went to hereford,hartlepool or carlisle.I done all of them and more 20 years ago and didn't get feckin priority then.I've been 3 away games and should get the same treatment as the others.
  • understand where you are comong from Steve but there has to be a system and any system is going to be unfair on some. I believe the one above is as good as it gets. However, if they had a points system and you got x points every year you had a season ticket, x points for an away game outside London, x points for games inside London, x points if you are VG, x points for spending in the Club shop etc etc would that be fairer ?
  • people would moan whatever unfortunately. there is never going to be a way to please everyone. those that live in lancashire and have been to carlisle and going to northwich but didn't go to orient or gillingham for example - should they get preference over those living in kent that went to yeovil and southampton? it'll all get rather complicated if so. the grading of the above games are fine if you live in london Large - where our club is, but there are those fans who live oop norf, in the west, who won't have the benefit of that despite putting in the time / effort / cash.

no pleasing everyone, i don't think it'll be that popular anyway, cos of the time of year and the midweek thing and its a windy ground - when they move to Falmer it'll be a different case!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]why should a single person with no mortgage and kids get priority over me just coz they went to hereford,hartlepool or carlisle.I done all of them and more 20 years ago and didn't get feckin priority then.I've been 3 away games and should get the same treatment as the others.
    Pretty much every business on earth gives priority to it's best current customers.

Don't see that the club can or should do much more than they do, which won't suit everyone, but it's a poxy little ground and there's not a lot of tickets to go round. If you had traipsed all the way up to Carlisle last week for that rubbish you'd be pretty sore that the club wasn't treating you as a priority.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Not that I'm going to Brighton due to distance/midweek but well done Airman on that system
    Same here, good to see the proper hardcore Charlton getting rewarded.

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Not that I'm going to Brighton due to distance/midweek but well done Airman on that system

;-)

500 mile round trip on a Tuesday not getting back 'til about lunchtime the next day....? No thanks! (bet I still go saying that!)
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]people would moan whatever unfortunately. there is never going to be a way to please everyone. those that live in lancashire and have been to carlisle and going to northwich but didn't go to orient or gillingham for example - should they get preference over those living in kent that went to yeovil and southampton? it'll all get rather complicated if so. the grading of the above games are fine if you live in london Large - where our club is, but there are those fans who live oop norf, in the west, who won't have the benefit of that despite putting in the time / effort / cash.
    Isn't it a season ticket + 3 aways? In that case the fans from Oppp narf have made even more effort!
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Not that I'm going to Brighton due to distance/midweek but well done Airman on that system

;-)

500 mile round trip on a Tuesday not getting back 'til about lunchtime the next day....? No thanks! (bet I still go saying that!)
    If you change your mind I can sort you out a ticket!!!
  • edited November 2009
    before people get too stressed, what's the allocation?

a cold Tuesday night in December, I would have thought there's a fair chance that everyone who wants a ticket can get one

I've not got a season-ticket but am hoping a few at least survive until general sale

LOL! just season the allocation!

can see why the club is having to put a strict preference out

hopefully the rest of us will be able to get tickets in the home end

Bought tickets for Tranmere but you couldn't post out in time and refunded and i bought on the gate, would it count?
  • Only if you went down to the club with stubs. Well thats what I got told when I tried to get Yeovil tickets initially.
  • Bugger, i aint got any of them four games. Bugger bugger bugger
  • It's bound to be a sellout, afterall, they are our greatest rivals...
  • mm i wanna celebrate my birthday down there with the lads looks like i might have to replan although i did go Hartlepool il ring 2mos and see what they say.
  • On football grounds guide it says that the away end holds 900