Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We're 18th in the league

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
over the last 6 matches

so please stop going on about how we are still second.

If we carry on like this we won't be in the play-off positions at Xmas.

Division 3 recent form table

Comments

• I agree but ,only 2 of them were at home and 4 of them were away .
  • [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]I agree but ,only 2 of them were at home and 4 of them were away .

If you get nothing away from home then you won't make the top 6
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]over the last 6 matches

If you select all seasons we are in 43rd position. But we have 229 games in hand over the team at the top!
  • 18th on recent form great so southampton will be going above us about xmas time give parky another years contract.
  • of course it's a poor run of form. We can all tell that. However we are still second.
    It depends how we perform for the rest of the season - perhaps I and everyone else should stop stating the bleeding obvious!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]of course it's a poor run of form. We can all tell that. However we are still second.
    It depends how we perform for the rest of the season - perhaps I and everyone else should stop stating the bleeding obvious![/quote]

redman the obvious is we aint as good as we think we are, or as good as the players think they are.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]over the last 6 matches

Comedy post of the day. There's only one table that counts.
  • Nice one only one of our fans could want to be depressed as Off_it said only one table that counts. Dont think you should look for new ways to be depressed just because we are not bottom of a table anymore :-).
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]over the last 6 matches

Comedy post of the day. There's only one table that counts.

You're right - the league table over 46 games.

It's just that I consider this league table to be more relevant that the one that sees us second in the league - after all, that's based on just over a third of games anyway.

The table that shows us 18th is a better reflection of where we're heading if we carry on like this.

This is not a 'comedy post.' I could say that yours is comedy.
  • We need to get some stability i agree with that but lets look at the highs of the situation we lost 3-1 away only the second loss of the season (also probly the longest trip of the season so) which is brilliant for any Charlton team. Yes the teams we have played are not the best but neither are we and therefore should be greatful were we are ahead of Norwich, Mk dons (just) Colchester, Southampton and most imprtantly Millwall so even if we have not played very well over the last 2 games lets just hope we get the slump out of our systems early and get back to winning ways. At least no one has beaten of us at home yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• We haven't won too many games recently, but we aren't losing many either.

And I don't think Bailey/Shelvey and Racon have yet to get into top form yet.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We haven't won too many games recently, but we aren't losing many either.

And I don't think Bailey/Shelvey and Racon have yet to get into top form yet.

Agree and i defo think Racon has allot more to give hes quality when he gets in the right gear
  • Sorry, just let me go and get my rose-tinted glasses on too.

That's better. Sure we'll be OK.
  • The point is, that because we are still 2nd, there is everything to play for in order to turn around the form of recent matches. Hold the line, dig deep and turn it around. Focusing on the bad form can hardly help in trying to move beyond it. Focus on the fact that despite the bad form we are in a good position to turn it around and we are more likely to do so. That's how I would want Parkinson and his merry band of combatants to approach the rest of the season.
  • Maybe you should wipe the bob out of your eyes before you put those glasses on Jimmy.

I don't think anyone is saying that "everything is ok" are they? Current form isn't great, and let's hope things turn around soon, but to say that your table is "more relevant" than the actual league table is plain bonkers!

For example, if we were top of that table but bottom of the actual league table you would quite rightly be moaning that we are bottom of the only table that counts and that anyone who says differently is has got the rose tinteds on.

You see what I mean?
  • 18th on current form - that must make us the Liverpool of the lower leagues!

They've got six points from their last six games, exactly the same as us. And they are still fifth in the Prem - and they beat Man U in the middle of their poor run.

For Man U, read Huddersfield in our case. for Torres read ...OK, perhaps we'll leave the analogy there !
  • Wes deserved to beat Oldham in the recent run, got an excellent draw at Leeds! Hardly a crisis?
  • edited November 2009
    In my Division 3 recent table it's even worse Jimmy. Over the last 1 match we are now in the bottom 4 and will surely be relegated.Even Wycombe are above us.

[cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]over the last 6 matches

• [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]18th on current form - that must make us the Liverpool of the lower leagues!

They've got six points from their last six games, exactly the same as us. And they are still fifth in the Prem - and they beat Man U in the middle of their poor run.

For Man U, read Huddersfield in our case. for Torres read ...OK, perhaps we'll leave the analogy there !

well Liverpool's manager is about to lose his job!

should Parky be worried????
  • Millwall were top once at Xmas and still got relegated. Think some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee, including RM. On recent form there is only one direction we are headed. Ok we won our opening six games but the bigger sample is the following nine and in general we have been pants.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are you saying we are going to be relegated Large?
  • we'll do well to make the play offs .... IMO and i am usually right
  • Made a week of it in Carlisle then OohAhh? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Made a week of it in Carlisle then OohAhh? ;-)

lol ...in dubai with dennis wise(he was in our hotel) and the consortium ...
    just catching up on threads .... will get around to commenting on the gargantuan numbers we took to carlisle eventually ;-)
  • Why does Phil Parkinson always look like the worlds saddest man in interviews? He always looks like his cat's just died or something...

You're still second - thanks to us - so stop moaning, and be thankful that, no matter how tough it gets, you're not palace.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Why does Phil Parkinson always look like the worlds saddest man in interviews? He always looks like his cat's just died or something...

You're still second - thanks to us - so stop moaning, and be thankful that, no matter how tough it gets, you're not palace.

Good that, very true, some people just love to look too hard on everything.
  • I think that new haircut's upset him Groucho. And understandably so.
  • Bristol Rovers have lost all five games in October.

Job done Chris, please get the train to Milton Keynes now.
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Why does Phil Parkinson always look like the worlds saddest man in interviews? He always looks like his cat's just died or something...

Good that, very true, some people just love to look too hard on everything.

Yep some peole never happy however as i said im chuffed to be second what ever league were in.
  • Salad drily noted : ''Bristol Rovers have lost all five games in October.

Job done Chris, please get the train to Milton Keynes now.''

Nice one, Salad - so those who reckoned Dickson was our secret weapon were right after all !

Perhaps we could send him round all our play-off rivals and he can kill off their chances one by one. After November at MK, December at Colchester and January at Millwall?