Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Come across a few bands that have tickled my fancy recently, I've linked their youtube videos and performances for your listening pleasure:

The Drums - Lets go surfing!
    We were promised jetpacks - Quite little voices
    The Hornblower Brothers - Android without a heart
  • Midlake

My wife practising for Rock Choir
  • parallel lines blondie
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]echo & the bunnymen. spotify is great,loads of stuff i swerved before getting a first airing from me.

I,ve never really listened to them before, but I heard Seven Seas on the wireless t'other day and have been spotifying it ever since.
    What else have they got that I should look out for, TK?
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]echo & the bunnymen. spotify is great,loads of stuff i swerved before getting a first airing from me.

I,ve never really listened to them before, but I heard Seven Seas on the wireless t'other day and have been spotifying it ever since.
    What else have they got that I should look out for, TK?

Old album but still great, Songs to learn and sing. Siberia also very good.

... and once you really get into them buy Crystal Days, 4-CD set 1979-1999 ;-)
  • Thanks stonemuse, i'll give them a listen
  • Saturday lunchtime, I'm listening to .............. Frank Turner
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Saturday lunchtime, I'm listening to .............. Frank Turner

Saturday lunchtime, I'm listening to Richard Keys and Andy Gray. With backup vocals by "The Wife" who wants to go shopping :)
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Saturday lunchtime, I'm listening to Luke Varney and Andy Gray...........

Let's hope they're better at singing .........?
  • With backup vocals by "The Wife" who wants to go shopping :)

I've got that one too ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Me too........
    thought I 'd deleted that track, but its still going through my head...........
  • I've got it on vinyl, its playing now. ON and On and on..............I must have left the arm off...............anyone got a gun?????
  • Tinariwen - serious contender for my LP of the year - absolutely love it!
  • my life in the bush of ghosts brian eno and david byrne
  • Clutch playing tonight at the KOKO
  • [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Fu Manchu - King of the road.

New Album out
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Kate Bush.

which one, i like kate.
  • the rite of spring stravinsky
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Fu Manchu - King of the road.

New Album out

Any good? Last one was too much Rock not enough Stoner for me.

Did go and see them on the tour though Carling Academy Islington. Was awesome. Godzillaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Fu Manchu - but I like Nebula even more..however Om are the top of the pile for me when it comes to the whole stoner-rock genre!
  • Just looked at this thread and some great choices, I must say.

I think Oggy is my soul mate , though - Manu Chao and Buena Vista Social Club? Respect ! And if you look at the BVSC booklet, Oggy, you will see that the liner notes were written by someone called Nigel W. One of the greatest experiences of my life to have been there in Havana when the album was recorded...

And what am I listening to tonight? Started off with some Miles Davis, followed by some Baaba Maal. Have now moved on to Animal Collective, the Merriweather Post Pavillion album and also the Prospect Hummer EP they recorded with Vashti Bunyan. All via the wonderful (free) services of Spotify, of course.
  • Planxty
    The Verve
  • violator depeche mode
  • "my life in the bush of ghosts brian eno and david byrne"

Good choice.
  • Carter USM - 101 Damnations
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Carter USM - 101 Damnations

superb ... that's going on now !
  • [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Fu Manchu - King of the road.

New Album out

Any good? Last one was too much Rock not enough Stoner for me.

Did go and see them on the tour though Carling Academy Islington. Was awesome. Godzillaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I've not got round to getting the new one yet....yes i was at that one...awesome indeed.

Clutch were good tuesday night i missed the first support band but caught Kylesa who were very intense with two drummers.I supposed to going to Monster Magnet/Karma To Burn/Lions gig in December i'm not sure i can make it now.
  • Working at home today and started with some Devendra Banhart - Nino Rojo
  • remain in light - talking heads