Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Questions from your star-gazing FA Cup Opponents

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Greetings from the post- er, sorry, STILL industrial wasteland of Mid Cheshire.
A few questions for you - if I may - which will help me to compile an article based entirely on your fans views for the programme when you visit totally tropical Northwich.

1 MATCH
a) What was your reaction to the draw?
b) You must surely be confident of victory on the day?
c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture?

2. GROUND
a) Have there been any funny/ dramatic incidents at your matches?
b) What was your greatest home performance / occasion?
c) What, as suppoerters, is the significance of winning the Valley back?

3. FANS
a) Who are your main rivals?
b) Any eccentric/ OTT supporters?
c) Who are your most famous fans?
d) Any original chants?

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
a) Is your set-up still producing a stream of talent?
b) What are CAFC`s ambitions?
c) Why the nickname `Addicks`?

5. TEAM
a) Please name your best players of the past / legends?
b) Who are you best players currently?
c) What system and formation do you play?
d) What`s your gaffer like?

6. TOWN/ NEARBY
a) What`s it like living near the Valley?
b) Any famous people/ celeb`s from the Charlton area?
c) Does Greenwich / the Charlton area stand to benefit for the Olympics 2012?

Would v much appreciate your answers on here or to andrew@higginson8352.fsnet.co.uk
Fab site, from what I`ve seen so far.

Ta muchly,

Andy H

Comments

• reckon 700 up there now,happy for draw,fancy a two nil win,rivals millwall,palace,let others answer the rest
  • 1 MATCH

I'd forgotten all about it and only realised today, when I logged on here.

Absolutely - we will win by six clear goals.

I believe we've sold out our allocation already. I'll be watching at home though as it's on ITV and straight after the unmissable Christian Hop-Pickers Show.

2. GROUND

Yes. Several.

Probably the 0-0 draw with Oldham a couple of weeks back.

A ground's a ground. Personally I enjoyed the 75 bus route to Selhurst.

3. FANS

Gillingham and Witton (tossers)

We're all mad. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa. Oh and Jim Davison.

Dennis and Jonathon Ackworth

d) Any original chants?

The unique "Charlton (clap, clap,clap), Charlton (clap, clap,clap)"

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`

No. We mainly get all our players on short term loans.

Mid table mediocracy and reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Fuck knows.

5. TEAM

Leroy Rosenior.

They're both injured.

Rather uniquely we started the season with a 4-4-3 formation, until the ref sussed us.

White, northern, two arms and his own teeth and hair - though he does have ingrowing toenails.

6. TOWN/ NEARBY

We all live in Kent, so wouldn't know.

Joseph Goebbels was born in Floyd Road.

Only if they include car theft as an Olympic sport.
  • edited October 2009
    1 MATCH
    a) What was your reaction to the draw? love away days in East Anglia
    b) You must surely be confident of victory on the day? Charlton fans have learned to never be "confident"
    c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? we'll take at least 3 that I know of

2. GROUND
    a) Have there been any funny/ dramatic incidents at your matches? having the entire Leicester City team reading our programme on the pitch during the game was quite a laugh
    b) What was your greatest home performance / occasion? You'll have to ask the wife
    c) What, as suppoerters, is the significance of winning the Valley back? means we can have some bingo again in the supporters club

3. FANS
    a) Who are your main rivals? Milwall Lionesses
    b) Any eccentric/ OTT supporters? Michael Grade is a bit of a nutter
    c) Who are your most famous fans? Henry Irving and Bjorn Borg
    d) Any original chants? ooh fatty Garland

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
    a) Is your set-up still producing a stream of talent? yes thanks
    b) What are CAFC`s ambitions? We want to be like a QPR or Norwich someone once told me
    c) Why the nickname `Addicks`? sounded better than Lions or Glaziers
    5. TEAM
    a) Please name your best players of the past / legends? Dietmar Bruck and Correy Gibbs are but two
    b) Who are your best players currently? Alan Pardew was well known around the local club scene, but not sure who has taken up the mantle since he got sacked
    c) What system and formation do you play? we'll play 5-4-1 and look to get you back to The Valley
    d) What`s your gaffer like? doesn't pay me any overtime tight git

6. TOWN/ NEARBY
    a) What`s it like living near the Valley? Oh, scenic. Beautiful. Sloping, with all of the trees and stuff. Pastoral
    b) Any famous people/ celeb`s from the Charlton area? Flinders Petrie
    c) Does Greenwich / the Charlton area stand to benefit for the Olympics 2012? yep we get free tickets for the syncronised swimming
  • edited October 2009
    1 MATCH
    a) What was your reaction to the draw? Oh dear this could be embarrassing given our cup record!
    b) You must surely be confident of victory on the day? This is Charlton in the cup. We don't "do" cups!
    c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? Given that anybody who can't drink 15 pints and abuse the very old and very young are not allowed to attend away games not many! :-)

2. GROUND
    a) Have there been any funny/ dramatic incidents at your matches? Coming back from 5-1 down with 10 men to win 7-6 against Huddersfield was dramatic in 1957. More recently (1998) drawing 4-4 with Sunderland after extra time and winning 7-6 on penalties in the 1998 play off final at Wembley to gain promotion to the premiership.

b) What was your greatest home performance / occasion? Tough one to answer. In recent times the 1997/8 play off semi final against Ipswich which we won 1-0 to play Sunderland in the final mentioned above. The Valley rocked that night!!

c) What, as suppoerters, is the significance of winning the Valley back? Quite simply it heralded the rebirth of the Club. Exile to Selhurst almost killed us. Had Lennie Lawrence not gained us promotion to the old first division in 85/6 the Club almost certainly would have died during that exile.

3. FANS

a) Who are your main rivals? Older fans will answer Millwall youngsters Crystal Palace

b) Any eccentric/ OTT supporters? A few!

c) Who are your most famous fans? We have a few Bjorn Borg is arguably the most famous.

d) Any original chants? The Jorge Costa song which is now the Semedo song.

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`

a) Is your set-up still producing a stream of talent? Yes. As we have plummetted through the divisions more of our youngsters have gained first team opportunities.

b) What are CAFC`s ambitions? To get back to the Championship at the very least.

c) Why the nickname `Addicks`? Various versions. The most credible, probably, is the fishmonger, Arthur Bryant, who supplied the team with 'addick and chips after matches in the early days of the Club prior to World War 1.

5. TEAM
    a) Please name your best players of the past / legends? Sam Bartram, Derek Hales, Chris Powell, Richard Rufus for starters.

b) Who are you best players currently? Most promising player is Jonjo Shelvey. Christian Dailly has come in and proved a positive influence on the rest of the back 4.

c) What system and formation do you play? Until recently 4-5-1. Then 4-4-2. After saturday we might revert back to 4-5-1.

d) What`s your gaffer like? Marmite. Some rate him others don't.

6. TOWN/ NEARBY

a) What`s it like living near the Valley? Many of us were brought up near The Valley but increasing London house prices forced us out into the depths of Kent so we don't live near it anymore!

b) Any famous people/ celeb`s from the Charlton area? Not sure about Charlton itself off hand but Steve Davis the snooker player was born a couple of miles down the road and watched us as a lad.

c) Does Greenwich / the Charlton area stand to benefit for the Olympics 2012? Some say yes others say no!
  • Very good Addickted :-)
  • DA9DA9
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: northwicher[/cite]
    1 MATCH
    a) What was your reaction to the draw? - Banana skin
    b) You must surely be confident of victory on the day? Dont be so foolish
    c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? 800

2. GROUND

Fortunes headed equaliser against palarse, both funny & dramatic

5-12-92, Pompey at home

Its our identity, players & managers come & go, we, and the ground remain

3. FANS

Traditionally millsmall, last 20-30 years, palarase.

Too many to mention legally.

Jim Davidson/Bjorn Borg/Garry Bushell/Ruud Van Nistelroy/Michael Grade

d) Any original chants?

Goodbye Horse, ours & ours alone

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`

Shelvey, Wagstaff/Basey/Tuna/Elliott, so yes

World peace

Widely accepted version is the fish shop supporter and the sarf london version of "haddock"

5. TEAM

Derek "Killer" Hales, Super Clive Mendonca, Sam Bartram

Shelvey, Dailly, Elliott, Semedo, Youga (and Sam when he's in the mood)

We have a system?

Nice bloke, never got a round in though

6. TOWN/ NEARBY

Cosmopolitan

Squeeze (Glenn Tilbrook goes to the games and is a regular in the Cons club)

Should do, already impressed with the new DLR link from Woolwich as South East London is sparse for tube lines.

Would v much appreciate your answers on here or to andrew@higginson8352.fsnet.co.uk

Ta muchly,

Andy H
  • 1 MATCH
    a) What was your reaction to the draw? I wonder if wifey will let me go to that one. Followed 5 minutes later (and a quick look at google maps) by "I hope its on TV"
    b) You must surely be confident of victory on the day? I'd like to think so but the FA Cup is usually a great leveller and our cup pedigree is pants to say the least. If the pitch is nice then we will play good attacking football. It it's muddy and lumpy I expect us to scrape a draw.
    c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? Televised on a Sunday afternoon is going to kill the numbers - 500 - 700 I'd guess

2. GROUND
    a) Have there been any funny/ dramatic incidents at your matches? Ball bursting in FA Cup final (twice in fact). Peter Shirtliff scoring twice in the last 4 minutes of the play off final to maintain our existence in the topflight at the expense of Leeds
    b) What was your greatest home performance / occasion? 7-6 Vs Huddersfield probably as previously mentioned
    c) What, as suppoerters, is the significance of winning the Valley back? It's our home and was full of history. Smellhurst park and Upton Park were never home.

3. FANS
    a) Who are your main rivals? Millsmall and Crystal Palace
    b) Any eccentric/ OTT supporters? Jonathon Acworth. A strange chap who constantly raves about non league players nobody has heard of and complains when we don't sign them.
    c) Who are your most famous fans? Bjorn Borg, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Karim Benzema (no really), Steve Backley, Jim Davidson, Jack Penate
    d) Any original chants? Valley Floyd Road - to the tune of Mull of Kintyre (though it's nicked from Crewe or Notts Forest I believe)

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
    a) Is your set-up still producing a stream of talent? Yes - relegations and finances mean we are reliant on our academy. Not a bad thing in my opinion as people like Scott Wagstaff are getting a chance now
    b) What are CAFC`s ambitions? Ultimately to get back to the Premiership but certainly this year we need to get out of League 1
    c) Why the nickname `Addicks`? Fish suppers for players back many many years ago

5. TEAM
    a) Please name your best players of the past / legends? Sam Bartam, Rob Lee, Bob Bolder, Chris Powell, Dean Kiely, Clive Mendonca.
    b) Who are you best players currently? Jonjo Shelvey is the future but in terms of technical ability Therry Racon has two of the quickest feet in the game and Jose Semedo is like Arnold Schwarzenegger's tougher brother. Special mention to our Left Back Kelly Youga who has had a Lazarus style rebirth this season and transformed from a clown into a Roberto Carlos clone (minus the shooting ability)
    c) What system and formation do you play? 451 or 442 depending on opponents (451 seems preferred)
    d) What`s your gaffer like? Quiet, gets on with his job with the minimum of fuss. Respected for the start to the season but now we need to see if he is adaptable as teams are starting to "know" us and our tactics.

6. TOWN/ NEARBY
    a) What`s it like living near the Valley? I don't but every time I go there it looks more and more run-down.
    b) Any famous people/ celeb`s from the Charlton area? Karl Howman (Jacko from Brush Strokes)
    c) Does Greenwich / the Charlton area stand to benefit for the Olympics 2012? Hoping so as it's one of the plus points in our attempts to sell the club
  • 1 MATCH

Great - it's what the cup is all about and as we are in the 1st round for the first time for many years, the perfect draw.

Not a chance - have you seen our cup record in the last 50 years!

About 800, it's a pity as we would have taken far more on Saturday - plus we are in a run of 4 consecutive away games. However, balance that with the fact that you get a lot of money from Sky.

2. GROUND

Claus Jensen scorong with a 'knee' rebound.

Probably the 3-3 against ManU

It means everything, the heart of the club.

3. FANS

Millwall, but as others have said, Palarse for the younger generation.

Dennis is our leader.

Rodney Trotter.

d) Any original chants?

Goodbye Horse.

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`

Best for years, many having the opportunity to come hrough since we left the Premiership.

Back to the premiership, but realistically challenging for promotion from Championship.

Fishmonger, Haddock on a stick, early-20th century humour.

5. TEAM

Derek Hales, Clive Mendonca, Sam Bartram, Chris Powell.

Semedo, Youga.

4 5 1, sometimes 4 4 2.

Likeable but still to be proved if he is strong enough - signs are positive.

6. TOWN/ NEARBY

Moved away some time back, but always enjoyed it.

Daniel Day-Lewis but he decided to support the Spanners.

I'm not convinced.
  • 1 MATCH
    I let out a huge sigh, but i had just had a huge Sunday roast

I've been in Northwich Victoria once and it wasn't a whoehearted success. The bitch.

c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? 100 to the William Camden, 50 to the Albany, 80 to the Red Barn, 600 to Witton, 10 to my house and about 32 to Northwich.

2. GROUND
    a) Have there been any funny/ dramatic incidents at your matches? Not since i thought i threw a cigarette on the floor and about 4 minutes later my trainer was on fire.
    b) What was your greatest home performance / occasion? Rather not say, wife was away.
    c) What, as suppoerters, is the significance of winning the Valley back? It meant that once again, we could drink in the Waterman's Arms and Horse and Groom

3. FANS
    a) Who are your main rivals? Cricket and rugby union
    b) Any eccentric/ OTT supporters? Some bloke thinks he's Elvis
    c) Who are your most famous fans? Charlton Chaplin
    d) Any original chants? We don't do chants, we do syncronised mime in honour of our famous fan

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
    a) Is your set-up still producing a stream of talent? No, though 'Jasmin from Woolwich' was an FHM High St Honey in 2004
    b) What are CAFC`s ambitions? To become a CAFE
    c) Why the nickname `Addicks`? Gillingham chairman Paul Scally was born in Charlton

5. TEAM
    Reuben Agboola, Carl Leaburn
    b) Who are you best players currently? WSS allegedly
    c) What system and formation do you play? mainly the pincer movement
    d) What`s your gaffer like? Fair, sensitive to needs yet firm and authoritive, hard working, caring, good looking and hung like a donkey (he might read this)

6. TOWN/ NEARBY
    a) What`s it like living near the Valley? Wouldn't know we all live near Gillingham
    'Woolwich' Barracks Obama
    c) Does Greenwich / the Charlton area stand to benefit for the Olympics 2012? - Hope not, we just want to experience the sheer please of paying for it.
  • edited October 2009
    match
    *wouldhave made some effort had it been saturday. Its what the FA Cup is all about.
    * seen us play a number of none league over the years. We have NEVER lost to a none league team, although Dagenham "won" on points few years back.
    * about 700.

Ground
    * Its the Valley its home and where we should always be.

Fans
    * Millwall -- Millwall reserves and Millwall "ladies team. Was Arsenal but one of my relos burnt em out.
    * Some guy thinks he is Elvis
    * God
    * Good Bye Horse (you now know all the words as well)

Club
    * This year yes. Shelvey/Elliot/Wagstaff
    * Out of Div 1, get some dosh get back to Prem
    * Fish and SARF LONDON way of saying haddock

Team
    * Rufus,Bowyer,Powell,Young,Parker,Konchesky,Paul Elliot,Paul Walsh,Rob Lee,Scot Minto (all our own). George Costa---Allan Simonsen--Paulo Di Canio--Clive Mendona----Sam Bartram---Dean Keily---Mark Kinsella---Darren Bent
    * Shelvy--Smedo---Racon

Town
    * Greenwich World Heritage site. Woolwich ---- dont go there after dark !
    * General Wolfe
    * Will be grief not doubt , but as long as they actually do give a few of the jobs REAL residents, then we can put up with the hasel.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1 MATCH

Fantastic! I wanted a non-league team away.

Good heavens no!

Would have sold out if it was on Saturday, now around 1k.

2. GROUND

In a few years time I'll probably be able to view the past 3 seasons as being quite funny!

Performance - Beating Chelsea 4-2 on Boxing Day. Occasion - 5th December 1992.

It means everything.

3. FANS

Millwall

Some guy called Vince!

Bjorn Borg & Del Boy's mum.

d) Any original chants?

Not really, but our take on Nott'm Forrest's Oh City Road is very good.

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`

Yes and thanks to being in Div 3 we actually get to see them!

Get back in to the championship. Probably still harbour some unrealistic aim of getting 40k each week and playing in Europe!

The players ate Haddocks after the match.

5. TEAM

Scott Parker is the best player I've seen in a Charlton shirt but the manner in which he departed prevents him from being an legend. That honour goes to the likes of; Richard Rufus, Mark Kinsella (current 1st team coach at the club), Steve Brown, Darren Bent and some Gordie called Clive Mendonca!

The combined awesomeness of our 5 man midfield of destruction.

We based on the above answer it's clearly 442!

He's winning over the fans but still has a bit to prove.

6. TOWN/ NEARBY

Fantastic! Our Oh South London song will go in to more detail.

Probably.

Yes thanks to the tourist $$.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? 100 to the William Camden, 50 to the Albany, 80 to the Red Barn, 600 to Witton, 10 to my house and about 32 to Northwich.
    Lol!
  • Oi AFKA & GH, do one :-)
  • 1 MATCH
    fantastic, until they moved it to the sunday.
    of course not.
    500-600

2. GROUND
    hales/flanagan punch up v maidstone.
    match in threat of abandonment through flying brochures v leicester.
    beating chelsea 4-2, liverpool 3-0.
    getting back to the valley.
    as supporters, we would be without a club to support.

3. FANS
    millwall. anyone doubting that ask after 19th december.
    yes. just look at some other threads.
    bradley from eastenders.
    d) Any original chants?
    goodbye 'orse.

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
    luckily yes, because we now rely on them.
    despite what others may say, i want us to play at the highest level possible.
    local fish suppers i think.

5. TEAM
    bartram, hales, rufus.
    racon, semedo.
    4-5-1 or 4-4-1+mcloed
    never met him.

6. TOWN/ NEARBY
    i don't.
    glen tilbrook.
    the rifle shooting taking place at woolwich barracks will disguise the gunfire from the surrounding estates.
  • 1 MATCH

No disrespect, but it was a reminder of how far we have we fallen to be playing a non-league team in the first round of the FA Cup. However, its what the FA Cup is all about.

We should win comfortably, but if this seasons league cup exit against Hereford is anything to go by then Parkinson will make several changes, due to our small squad and we'll be knocked out in the first round!

2 - 300 tops

2. GROUND

Huddersfield 2-1 - the first half decent team we've played this year, so it was good to get a victory against a team you'd expect to be challenging at the top with us at the end of the season. Good to see a mixture of the senior side and the kids beat Barnet 4-1 in the JPT as well.

c) What, as supporters, is the significance of winning the Valley back?
    The Valley is the most important thing about our club - I expect us to move of we are eventually taken over though.

3. FANS

Palace and Millwall. Gillingham like to think they are.

Anyone on Charlton Life.

Michael Grade, the bloke off the Flash adverts, Jim Davidson...Ruud Van Nistelrooy?

d) Any original chants?
    No, we just knick everyone elses and change the words.

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
    No other choice at the moment

Premiership football again within the next 5 years should be a realistic aim.

Apparently our players used to get Haddock and chips and 'Addick is apparently how we all say Haddock!?

5. TEAM
    Super Clive Mendonca, Rufus, Kinsella, Parker, Darren Bent, Kiely

Elliot, Bailey, Burton, Sodje, Shelvey

we started the season (unbeaten) with a 4-5-1 but when Oldham came to The Valley and celebrated a 0-0 draw as if they'd just won the world cup, Parkinson panicked and changed to a 4-4-2.

Last season - rubbish. This season - Brilliant.

6. TOWN/ NEARBY

We all live in Medway in Gillinghams "rightful" catchment area so we wouldn't know ;)

Should do, but won't.
  • 1 MATCH
    a) What was your reaction to the draw? Pleased, new place to visit
    b) You must surely be confident of victory on the day? No, think we will scrape a draw
    c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? 900

2. GROUND
    a) Have there been any funny/ dramatic incidents at your matches? Too many bad refs etc to mention
    b) What was your greatest home performance / occasion? Beating Chelsea 4-2 on boxing day I guess
    c) What, as suppoerters, is the significance of winning the Valley back? Critical, we would not exist now otherwise

3. FANS
    a) Who are your main rivals? Milwall
    b) Any eccentric/ OTT supporters? Frank
    c) Who are your most famous fans? Jim Davidson, Michael Grade, Glen Tilbrook
    d) Any original chants? Yippee Iye Aye, Yippee Iye Oh

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
    a) Is your set-up still producing a stream of talent? It stopped for a while but seems to have started again
    b) What are CAFC`s ambitions? 2 promotions
    c) Why the nickname `Addicks`? Haddocks originally

5. TEAM
    a) Please name your best players of the past / legends? Derek Hales, Alan Simonson. Fans favourites John Robinson and Steve Brown
    b) Who are you best players currently? Shelvey (been a bit crap recently) or Semedo
    c) What system and formation do you play? 451, 442
    d) What`s your gaffer like? Quiet

6. TOWN/ NEARBY
    a) What`s it like living near the Valley? Dangerous
    b) Any famous people/ celeb`s from the Charlton area? Jools Holland
    c) Does Greenwich / the Charlton area stand to benefit for the Olympics 2012? Yes, hotels etc will do very well
  • Northwicher, are you Andy H? It's JB :) Great work on getting some top content for the programme!
  • [cite]Posted By: northwicher[/cite]
    Would v much appreciate your answers on here or to andrew@higginson8352.fsnet.co.u

Ta muchly,

Andy H
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]Northwicher, are you Andy H? !

Inspired guess there, Sherlock ....!

;o)
  • Ha! Missed that one.

Hook, line, sinker, copy of this week's Angling Times!

:):):)
  • In the words of Kylie, Wow wow wow wow!
    Ta muchly for the myriad of responses.
    Even if the locals who rumbled me along the way, it was worth it, Mr Max Factor.
    Nice to hear that there`s a fan base out there half as mad as me!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northwicher[/cite]

1 MATCH
    a) What was your reaction to the draw? 100% Banana Skin
    b) You must surely be confident of victory on the day? Confidence and Charlton don't mix very well
    c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? Enough to make ourselves heard

2. GROUND
    a) Have there been any funny/ dramatic incidents at your matches? This
    b) What was your greatest home performance / occasion? Any win against our 'rivals', naturally
    c) What, as suppoerters, is the significance of winning the Valley back? Stability *cough*

3. FANS
    a) Who are your main rivals? Palarse, Millsmall and Northwich Victoria
    b) Any eccentric/ OTT supporters? It's S.E London mate. There's bundles of nutters here!
    c) Who are your most famous fans? Gary Bushell (bellend), Jim Davidson (racist bellend) and Jack Penate (quite good musician)
    d) Any original chants? Erm. In a word. No

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
    a) Is your set-up still producing a stream of talent? Yes, until Wetspam get a sniff
    b) What are CAFC`s ambitions? To linger in League 1
    c) Why the nickname `Addicks`? Addick (Haddock) and Chips, served to the pre-war team by a local chippy. FACT

5. TEAM
    a) Please name your best players of the past / legends? Super Clive Mendonca, Rufus, Big Sam Bartram, Killer.
    b) Who are you best players currently? Bailey, Elliott and Shelvey for me
    c) What system and formation do you play? All over the shop, with 1 up front
    d) What`s your gaffer like? Better than the previous 3!

6. TOWN/ NEARBY
    a) What`s it like living near the Valley? Inner Lardahn and pwopa nawtee
    b) Any famous people/ celeb`s from the Charlton area? Erm. No.
    c) Does Greenwich / the Charlton area stand to benefit for the Olympics 2012? The whole of London will mate
  • Flash git
  • edited October 2009
    1 MATCH
    a) What was your reaction to the draw? I was watching extreme fishing with Robson Green
    b) You must surely be confident of victory on the day? Not today no
    c) How many do you think you`ll bring now that it`s a televised Sunday fixture? 32 seated 614 standing

2. GROUND
    a) Have there been any funny/ dramatic incidents at your matches? Someone set fire to someones newspaper once
    b) What was your greatest home performance / occasion? 6 times ( including morning )
    c) What, as suppoerters, is the significance of winning the Valley back? It does nt bear thinking about

3. FANS
    a) Who are your main rivals? Onions , spicey and Adam
    b) Any eccentric/ OTT supporters? Nathan and Brunello
    c) Who are your most famous fans? Theres 5 of them
    d) Any original chants? The wheels on the bus

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`
    a) Is your set-up still producing a stream of talent? NO
    b) What are CAFC`s ambitions? To produce a kit that under 8's can buy
    c) Why the nickname `Addicks`? Dont know

5. TEAM
    a) Please name your best players of the past / legends? Darren Pitcher
    b) Who are you best players currently? Mcleod
    c) What system and formation do you play? 4-4-2 pr 4-4-1-1 or a variaton of the 2
    d) What`s your gaffer like? Northern bloke supports Chesterfield but has the day off today

6. TOWN/ NEARBY
    a) What`s it like living near the Valley? Cold wet and windy
    b) Any famous people/ celeb`s from the Charlton area? soft porn actress
    c) Does Greenwich / the Charlton area stand to benefit for the Olympics 2012? Not until 2012
  • Shag ..... Curb_it's gonna get you in a headlock .....!

;o)
  • p-air well done for making yours most easiest to read...
    and thanks oggy for drawing me to that!

2 hours is long enough, remove name!
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: northwicher[/cite]Greetings from the post- er, sorry, STILL industrial wasteland of Mid Cheshire.
    A few questions for you - if I may - which will help me to compile an article based entirely on your fans views for the programme when you visit totally tropical Northwich.

1 MATCH

2. GROUND

3. FANS
    d) Any original chants?

4. CLUB/ `STATUS`

5. TEAM

6. TOWN/ NEARBY

Ta muchly,

Andy H

MMM lots of questions matey ok il go through them.

1 a) Happy reall its a nice part of the world and i have cousins in Chester so will be staying with them :-)

b) Not overly confident of a win as we hae been through tuff times recently and the FA cup is all abouot how youo play on the day.

c) Depends on how much allocation you give us but should be about 500 at most i would have thought

2 a) Yea a few incidents happen a few times each season but i sit at the top of Covered end so dont always get to see what happens

b) Well im only 22 so some of the other heads on here will prob remember better days but one of my favorites was Charlton 5-1 Southampton and we went top of the prem that day.

c) Big importance dont know were we would be without our beloved Valley.

3 a) Palace and Millwall

b) we all are nutters were all from SE London mate guessing you have never been when you do for the reply you will understand :-)

c) Jim davidson

d) Valley Flloyd round

4 a) Not really mate its League one but there are some good heads coming thrugh still.

b) Back to the prem (this may thake some time)

c) Yea i think the nickname has something to do with what p_air said local fish shop.

5 a) Clive mendonca of my lifetime at the club and i understand sam bartram is one and Rufus.

b) For me Bailey, Elliott, Shelvey and Sodje.

c) 4-5-1 and it pisses me off and sometimes 4-4-2 and that makes me smile

d) I like him now diddnt at first but now i have warmed to hime and always ask him for a wave lol.

6 a) Was born on that road mate and its ok just like any London bourgh really normal city people

b) No lots of Chemists though mate maybe that tells you why

c) Yea like the whole of London mate we are all buzzing for 2012

Sorry about the format i have done this in for you mate but i got so far along and then couldnt be bothered to change it all sorry buddy see you next Sunday.
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Flash git

Done it by accident ; )
  • [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Flash git

Done it by accident ; )

Yeah Right ;-)