Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League Years

I've sky plus'd todays one from the 2000-2001 season.

I know that we've had a highly league finish since but imo I don't think there has been a better season to be an Addick.

Comments

• Personally I really enjoyed 2003-04 even after Parker left! some great players that season (Di Canio, HH first season, Deano superb, Parker excellent till Jan), some great games (Blackburn home, Liverpool home and away, Chelsea home etc). We finished 7th which in many seasons could have led to Europe and had a genuine chance of champ league for some of year. Also really liked our kits that year
    Not saying 2000-01 was not great cause it was superb also.
  • Please hide this thread from OoooooAhhhhhhh!
  • Bump for OohAhh. :~)
  • 2003-04 season was amazing!
  • On now.04/05

Spuds 2 Us 3
  • watched the 01/02 season yesterday with the usual non-highlights of us............so much so they had the audacity to show Curbs winning the manager of the month award for February (?) and showed a 10 second clip of him saying how pleased he was of our 5 match wining run.........not that you would have known this as they never bothered to show ANY of those 5 games in their review of that month just 5 minutes previously.

I watch one of these a month or so ago for the 2002/ season I think and we never got shown once from the new year onward, despite the monthly table update showing us consistantly around 10/12 and therefore winning games.

If I hadn't been there myself I could convinced we were never in the Premiershp sometimes.
  • Just watching 95-96.

Really good season although a little before my time. Few observations: David James was really bad, Fowler was some finisher, the Keegan rant was hilarious and Fergie really has not changed in terms of his behaviour with mind games etc.
  • I actually enjoyed this season the most. More away games than before. Proper football grounds. Bit of excitement over the year. Looking forward to what this season will bring
  • programmes like prem years are good for nostalgia and reliving great prem moments but as a charlton fan really annoy me as they overlook us at every opportunity.
  • I dont think Sky make these programs for football fans of minority clubs like ours.
    They are and always will be about the top 4 of the day and may be a whipping boy finishing way last.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Personally I really enjoyed 2003-04 even after Parker left! some great players that season (Di Canio, HH first season, Deano superb, Parker excellent till Jan), some great games (Blackburn home, Liverpool home and away, Chelsea home etc). We finished 7th which in many seasons could have led to Europe and had a genuine chance of champ league for some of year. Also really liked our kits that year
    Not saying 2000-01 was not great cause it was superb also.

Gotta agree 03/04 how we could have done with a player like Mendonca up top with a player like Darren Bent and with DiCanio in behind them...... we would have frickin won the league i tells ya ;o)
  • 00/01 and 03/04 utterly classic years, proud proud proud and very much part of the reason why we are still perceived as as a big club. Those day's will return- I know not when-but they will. COYR!!!!!!!!!!!