Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's up for City away?

edited February 2007 in Match Day Travel
Come on then sod the excuses, who's really up for going to this one?

Comments

• I'm up there thursday night and Friday night!!
  • Definitely - visiting friends to get a free meal or two. Take in the game. Win the game. Get drunk. Take in a club. Eat chocolate. Paradise.
  • Top man, that's what I fancy. Holiday season after all
  • 9 of us (including 2 non Charlton fans) are going up for the friday and saturday nights as we've got a mate who lives up there.
  • largeaddick is and possibly mrslarge. Mum and Dad are, two friends are and golfaddick and his mate are so that's at least another 7.
  • i am game on for man Citeh i think
  • i'm hoping to dust off the away day boots for this one, though may have to be an in and out job.

anyone got any train info ?
  • i'd love to go, but dont think it'll be possible unfortunately. if we went it'd be an in and out job too.
  • My wife has told me to go (to the game)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'm hoping to dust off the away day boots for this one, though may have to be an in and out job.

yeah, mine was eight carraiges this morning instead of twelve.

seriously, go by coach, it's cheaper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trains will be a nightmare on good Friday. Coach it or motor it up there I reckon
  • Seems a shame not to make a night of it considering the game finishes at 7.15.

I will have to call a favour in with the FPO for this one.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Seems a shame not to make a night of it considering the game finishes at 7.15.

I will have to call a favour in with the FPO for this one.

bloody hell it's gonna be a corker if there's to be fifteen minutes added time
  • Not at Easter, will probably be away. I am going to Watford, Blackburn and Liverpool though.
  • Will probably invite myself up to my sisters in Leicester and use that as a stop off. Despite it being on TV the players deserve and need the support to be there. (providing we don't lose the next 3!)
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'm hoping to dust off the away day boots for this one, though may have to be an in and out job.

yeah, mine was eight carraiges this morning instead of twelve.

seriously, go by coach, it's cheaper.

i would rather take a cheese grater to my testicles than have to endure a long-distance coach trip again, free or not !!
  • AFKA you scoundrel!!!

You should have flown old boy!! No cheese graters in the 3rd Airborne division
  • i may, after watford, look into the option of driving up. depending on the price of the tickets and people interest in going to reduce petrol costs

it is, however, my best mates birthday and my godsons 1st birthday that weekend, so would be bad to go!
  • Sod 'em!! They will understand Suz.... Maybe
  • We looked at trains up on friday and back on sunday and the cheapest was about 60 quid each with a change or 2 each way due to engineering works.
    So we've hired a minibus for 275 between the lot of us (9 at the moment). Job done.
  • Sponsored links:

• I might consider taking the S3 for a Northern Run cos it's never had one & give the new Sat Nav a go. Thing is we'll probably end up in Liverpool & the car would have no wheels for the return journey !
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Sod 'em!! They will understand Suz.... Maybe

have emailed them both to find out plans. the mum of godson is a charlton fan (not st holder anymore since she had sprogs) but she'll understand. the best mate won't be so understanding.
    they know i am busy and plan in advance so hopefully they'll get organised :-)
    might actually not be able to afford to do anything by then so could all be silly even thinking about it.
  • edited February 2007
    I looked into train tickest for this one about a month ago. £120 single (if not going via official CAFC travel). It's bank holiday and all the tax dodging student have purchased the cheap seats, driving is the only option, but leave plenty of time.
  • i want to go!
  • I'm going, due to the stupid train prices and the fact I can't stand coaches I will almost certainly driving, so anyone who wanted a lift is more than welcome (although the ability to read a map will be needed, as I pretty much suck at it)
  • I am going in suzi's car!
  • Yep thinking seriously about this. Will no doubt drive up for this and home again after but big bonus it being a 5.15pm kick off. The Rugheaded one will no doubt join me!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I am going in suzi's car!

Worth a try I suppose. I know:

AFKA is giving me a piggy back!

(seeing as he is walking it)
  • Is there room for me on AFKA's back??!?!

I can go on the fatkins diet for you smudge!!!
  • I wiil be making my monthly pilrgimage from Kent to my hometown for that weekend.

4 days of bliss.

Be interesting to see the turnout there.