Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kids Names..WTF?

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
Lets just say friends of friends, in case they read this, I doubt it though!!
Anyway me and Mrs Bib know of a couple who have just had a beautiful baby girl, so as all parents do they have chosen a name,
what have they called her....Herbie Tiger and then the surname. So no p!ss taking there then!

Is it me? Or have I missed something here??

Comments

• Not sure what your on about my parents called me Rupert and obviouly wanted me bullied lol. But no on a serious note poor kid.
  • At least when she hits the terrible twos they'll be able to say that Herbie goes bananas on a regular basis...
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Not sure what your on about my parents called me Rupert and obviouly wanted me bullied lol. But no on a serious note poor kid.
    Do you have checked trousers?
  • I'm named after a dutch triple jumper.

I mean come on.....just unnecessary confusion.
  • mine nearly got called Rogan Josh Charlton 'Razil'... for some reason the wife wouldn't have it
  • My wife used to teach at a primary school in Wandsworth - there were twins in one year called Blake and Crystal. You can't buy class like that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]My wife used to teach at a primary school in Wandsworth - there were twins in one year called Blake and Crystal. You can't buy class like that.
    LMAO - that's chav culture of the highest order
  • Thing is all these names will be so outdated by the time the girl is 18 and she will be calling herself Sue
  • River is one i heard recently.

RIVER
  • my sister has just a boy and called him Kai !!!!!
    WTF !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard at my brothers yesterday that one of his mates has called his new baby daughter Dolce!
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Not sure what your on about my parents called me Rupert and obviouly wanted me bullied lol. But no on a serious note poor kid.
    Do you have checked trousers?

We have had this discussion before on previous thread. Answer was yes somewere im gunna dig them out and post a pic of them on here bought for me 18th
  • My brother's first is due in 3 weeks, hoping its not a weird name but also its nice to have something a bit different!
  • WSSWSS
    edited September 2009
    They could call them 'Cumberland' Suze?

Thats if your bro is a sausage as well of course.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite] but also its nice to have something a bit different!

Some parents think so and I think that is the problem. They think that by giving their children a "unique" name or even worse spelling they are differentiating their kids from all the rest rather than storing up trouble for them when they try to get a job.

If people want odd names then that's what middle names are for.

BTW I don't have a middle name. We were too poor.
  • whats wrong with proper names my 2 boys are charlie and george -- proper names -- bloody herbie ffs
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]whats wrong with proper names my 2 boys are charlie and george -- proper names -- bloody herbie ffs

agree. Any name for a boy that sounds right in a 1940's football team. : - )

I knew a bloke once whose name was Martin but he sensibly changed it to Arthur
  • didn't charlie george used to play for arsenal;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They could call them 'Cumberland' Suze?

Thats if your bro is a sausage as well of course.

His surname isn't the same sadly and I'll lose my delightful surname next september! Unless dec decides to change his and become mr sausage! Haha

In which case our first will be called 'battered'
  • Know someone who called their daughter "Storm"....

and no, she's not in the Gladiators!
  • Sponsored links:

• Is their surname 'inateacup'?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Is their surname 'inateacup'?

next time i see her parents - i'm using that!!
  • I knew some whose surname is Line but couldn't convince his wife to call their daughter Victoria
  • Neville Neville.

Game over!
  • my little boys middle name is Zico, wanted it as first name but the missus or the rest of the family said no!
  • Curtis Interruptus
  • edited September 2009
    My mate renamed himself by deed poll to Ben after he was called Arif.

Ive always called him "Turkish" as i presumed since we were five his name derived from some sort of turkish ancestory but turns out no all his family hail from S London and Norfolk. He was in fact named Arif by his dad who was a big Omar Sharif fan and his brother is called Clarke after Mr Gable.

Interestingly his sister has a more modest moniker...Tracy.
  • I always thought my 1st Grandson's name of Harley was slightly "iffy" until grew into a right little bruiser, and turned up at his Uncles wedding like this :)
  • Have a name set up for my first born ...

if it's a boy he will be ...

Randy
  • Used to work with a woman called Randi Bishop.