Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is SKY the new Lille FC?

Apparently they're gonna do a Lille and say "it's my ball" and stomp off in a huff.

Looks like those of you on NTL/TeleWest/Virgin Media cable are about to lose Sky1, 2, 3, News and Sports News because Sky are a tad concerned about the competition.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a43031/virgin-media-to-lose-sky-channels.html

Comments

• oh for fook sake. Thats really very bloody annoying.
  • Bloody typical - the following takes place half way through a series of 24. The barstewards. I presume that Jack Bauer will be able to save the world again...for a change...
  • i dont have much luck with this sort of thing. I subscribed to ITV Digital about 6 months before it collapsed.

Still got Monkey tho. Will he become a collectors item one day?
  • They are not pulling the channels, NTL won't pay for them.
    NTL are without doubt the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They think that by getting into bed with cuddly Mr.Branson and changing their name to Virgin it makes everything ok. It doesn't.
    Sky 1+2+3 are very popular channels. Sky have put up the price for them and NTL won't pay. It's called business.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Still got Monkey tho. Will he become a collectors item one day?

Doubt it, seeing as PG Tips have just started giving them away with boxes of teabags....
  • edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Bloody typical - the following takes place half way through a series of 24. The barstewards. I presume that Jack Bauer will be able to save the world again...for a change...
    There was a scene in series 4 where Jack was trying to save his kidnapped girlfriend and her father. As he slides down the embankment, gun in hand, the wife starts singing "I need a hero" all Bonnie Tyler-esque. I can't watch it now without singing that at least once per episode!
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]They are not pulling the channels, NTL won't pay for them.
    NTL are without doubt the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They think that by getting into bed with cuddly Mr.Branson and changing their name to Virgin it makes everything ok. It doesn't.
    Sky 1+2+3 are very popular channels. Sky have put up the price for them and NTL won't pay. It's called business.
    Technically you're right, but what Sky are doing is effectively the same as us putting a £20m price tag on Kish.
  • That seems about right to me
  • Technically you're right, but what Sky are doing is effectively the same as us putting a £20m price tag on Kish.

£20m? Don't let LenGlover hear you say that, he values him at £50m!
  • Yeah I know what you mean - its all so totally plausible. Jack B is back from 2 yrs torture in China and within hours has gone from being a broken man to superhero (again). Also, I don't think he's had time for either a drink, a pee or a sh1t since he landed. Not once does he say ' hold that call Chloe, must pop for a number 2'.

A man of great constitution banging the drum for Uncle Sam!!!

That said, great entertainment...
  • Sponsored links:

• they never broke him!
  • I got monkey free the other day with a big pack of PG tips the nipper loved it..
  • I trust you refer to JB and not Kish?? Apparently he didn't say a word in 2 years...a decent mother in law would have cracked him in a matter of days, trust me...
  • The other favourite is "Jack, Jack I love you - but we only have 13hrs to save the Earth" all Dale Arden from Flash Gordon. :o)
  • Easy Solution have SKY rather than the other providers :-)

(Ducks under desk & waits for war to commence)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Easy Solution have SKY rather than the other providers :-)

(Ducks under desk & waits for war to commence)
    Do you get preferential treatment if you have Valley Gold? ;o)
  • our ntl contract comes to an end on the 2nd march. hurrah.
    i'm 75% convinced les to signing up to sky within a month or so of being in our new home (cricket world cup has saved me!)
    hurrah again!
  • i want to have sky but how do i go about it without having one of those nasty dish things? i hate ntl woudl have sky any day.
    will wait till i move now tho.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i want to have sky but how do i go about it without having one of those nasty dish things? i hate ntl woudl have sky any day.

The dishes are so small these days you hardly notice them.
    I don't watch that much telly but wouldn't dream of not having Sky.
  • Have neither, go freeview and use the savings to buy your season ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• we're getting a telly that comes with freeview, despite having 2 freeview boxes already. i only want sky sports and living! can i just pay a tenner a month for those 2 channels pls thank you.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]we're getting a telly that comes with freeview, despite having 2 freeview boxes already. i only want sky sports and living! can i just pay a tenner a month for those 2 channels pls thank you.

The UK Living Channel Suzi ? Oh dear are you after repeats of Jerry Springer ?
  • nooooooooo grey's anatomy!
  • Is that Andy Gray?
  • what a thought!!! thankfully no.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i want to have sky but how do i go about it without having one of those nasty dish things? i hate ntl woudl have sky any day.

My dish is on the chimney stack where it's out of sight.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]My dish is on the chimney stack where it's out of sight.

they want to put mine there,but can't till mid april!