Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend Away

edited September 2009 in Match Day Travel
Anyone know why Southend are playing their home games on a Friday night ?

Comments

• Because all of their fans are West Ham fans.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Because all of their fans are West Ham fans.

Quite true they would only have half the gate if they never
  • So who's going to this one? Shouldn't be too hard, although I would have preferred it to be on a Saturday.
  • Not till Feb is it? It'll be our title clincher anyway so it'll be a big turnout.
  • Only up the road from me and a Friday night in southend what more could you ask for
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Not till Feb is it? It'll be our title clincher anyway so it'll be a big turnout.
    We would of sown up the league by Christmas, this will be part of the 5 month promotion party.
  • Its a shitehole and I remeber being over 6 foot my legs were crushed on the seats so stood for most the game, think it was a draw was a midweek game and david whyte scored if I recall.
  • I'm going - in fact I'm so keen I'm walking there!
  • Toying with the idea of a Return Boat trip to this one, as could be a laugh with enough people.
  • About 150 Brentford are coming by boat on Saturday from Putney I think? With a bar that opens at 8.30 am. Messy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Get the torpedo's primed he he
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Because all of their fans are West Ham fans.

Well there is a certain truth in it, but I think half is a big exaggeration. And there's a good number that really don't like west ham.
  • For the boat idea

1) Where can you moor it apart from the docks at Leigh-on-Sea?
    2) Would you even know where your going?
    3) Wouldnt the train be cheaper?
  • I don't think there was a suggestion that one of us would buy and drive the boat Nathan.
  • PMSL!!!!!!!!!!
  • We were going to do a boat from greenwich for this one but being on a friday night ruined it. sadly.
  • WSSWSS
    edited September 2009
    Nathan failed to grasp the idea of getting a boat to Southend and organised his own way there

6a00d8341c890753ef010536ba172f970c-500wi

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]For the boat idea

I'd aim for Southend Pier if I we're you Nathan. It's quite big, you can't miss it.
  • just read this thread as my first of the day, superb!
  • :-)

spluttered my cuppa reading this...
  • Sponsored links:

• Southend request to play their home games when the Hammers are away as most of their fans follow them.
  • Was in Southend at the weekend, had a quality time, massive Wetherspoons just up the high street, and plenty of boozers down the front (could tell you some right old stories about the Forresters Arms and the Ship Inn ) loads of B&B's for anyone planning a stop over (me), and a brand new Park Inn hotel which looks classy (for Southend) opening up at the top of Pier hill early next year.
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]For the boat idea

Well, we would Nathan ; - )
  • Friday night sounds good to me.
  • I fancy this one, havent been to southend before.

Oh bugger, typical partners birthday

Looks like i will be missing this one then
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]For the boat idea

I'd aim for Southend Pier if I we're you Nathan. It's quite big, you can't miss it.

He'll end up in Panama if he aint careful!
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]For the boat idea

He'll end up in Panama if he aint careful!

Lol, think "Del Boy" on the jetski :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Because all of their fans are West Ham fans.

Well there is a certain truth in it, but I think half is a big exaggeration. And there's a good number that really don't like west ham.

I think you'll find that seeing its southend v orient saying half will be west ham isn't an exaggeration at all. Seeing that parts of west ham follow orient and parts follow southend
  • Is the game still on Sat 5th December??

If so just seen Madness are playing at the Cliffs Pavillion the same night. . . . .
  • I wi
    ll probably go to this

Southend v Orient always gets switched to a Friday, not sure why as it always goes off.

By the way Orient will no doubt bring 3000 or so but won't interview players, use half their programme and devote their entire website saying how great they are