Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham Away - Ticket Priority (FAO Airman Brown + any other club insiders)

edited September 2009 in Match Day Travel
According to the article in the programme the other week we get just under 1,500 tickets for this. I would guess we could easily sell twice that many. Does anyone know if there's any chance of getting an increase in our allocation?

Also, can anyone tell me in what order tickets will be sold? I would guess Valley Gold first and then season ticket holders with a certain number of previous away ticket purchases. Will they take into account last season's away tickets? The box office seems to have a rather half-hearted, inconsistent attitude to recording sales on my Red Card - sometimes they specifically ask for the number, other times they pretty much refuse to take it - I reckon there could be a fair few disgruntled supporters who can't get tickets for this (or Brighton for that matter).

Comments

• I'm pretty sure the RC does not record any details of away travel.
  • Thought about this the other day, bought 2 tickets for some friends for the JPT and registered myself, hopefully they will have some more discount games they want to go to so i get a history and can buy for our game if required.
  • Scally has cut the allocation to 900.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm pretty sure the RC does not record any details of away travel.[/quote]

Should do but as McLovin said you have to make a point of asking for the sale to be recorded and give all the membership numbers not just your own.
  • Brighton is mid week so won't sell out. We must be able to get more than 1,500, that's ridiculous!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm pretty sure the RC does not record any details of away travel.
    False! They recorded all of the aways I did last season, which came in handy when i booked my Hartlepool ticket.
  • It came in handy in what way? In a way that if it didnt record it you had no chance of getting a ticket? ;-)
  • For instance Saturday at Tranmere, i just paid on the gate and recieved no ticket or anything - how does this work in regard to ''away purchase history'', bit shit really.
  • Yeah, if you buy from the Valley, you literally have to sometimes force them to record you've bought an away ticket.

If you pay on the gate (as quite a few do who can't commit til the day) then this obviously isn't recorded at all which is a pain.
  • Yeah JT! i got someone else to get mine for tranmere using their membership number :(

Maybe they could ask for ticket stubs! :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Easy, get a ticket for the GIllingham seats, as many did when we played them in the cup. Mind you depends how Scally is feeling at the time, if there is a cash flow problem and they are not doing to well in the league, they may give us the whole end, however if he is still suffering from little man syndrome and feeling bitter towards Charlton, he may give us the minimum amount of tickets he can, his loss not ours, i am sure if people want tickets you can get them
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It came in handy in what way? In a way that if it didnt record it you had no chance of getting a ticket? ;-)
    I like to sort things out ASAP so I didn't have to wait for the season ticket sales in order to get a ticket and she also listed out which aways I went to last season. I think one was even a draw!

It does gives you reassurance in the future if we get a small allocation, E.G. F.A. Cup 1st round when hopefully we'll draw a local non-league club like Dartford away. They probably don't record yours' as you've got use of a valley gold card. ;-)
  • Am I the only one who'd forgotten we'd be fa cup 1st round this season? Come on bromley/dartford/welling
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Yeah JT! i got someone else to get mine for tranmere using their membership number :(

Maybe they could ask for ticket stubs! :)

Yeah mine :P
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Am I the only one who'd forgotten we'd be fa cup 1st round this season? Come on bromley/dartford/welling

No, me too. I bet Mr.Irving is salivating at the thought of a Charlton v Bromley tie! I wonder who he thinks would win? ;0)
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Am I the only one who'd forgotten we'd be fa cup 1st round this season? Come on bromley/dartford/welling

No, me too. I bet Mr.Irving is salivating at the thought of a Charlton v Bromley tie! I wonder who he thinks would win? ;0)

Bromley V Charlton would be better. Two sides of terracing

Not sure who would win but I'd be supporting Charlton.

And it's Sir Henry, not Mr. I was knighted you know : - )
  • Following today's revelations about Gillingham trying to get Chris Dickson cut price, I have decided to make a derisory offer for a ticket in the Charlton end for the game. Then, two days before the game, I am going to withdraw that offer and request that I have it for nothing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Following today's revelations about Gillingham trying to get Chris Dickson cut price, I have decided to make a derisory offer for a ticket in the Charlton end for the game. Then, two days before the game, I am going to withdraw that offer and request that I have it for nothing.

LOL

I'm going to ask if I can loan a ticket for 90 minutes and then send it back.
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Am I the only one who'd forgotten we'd be fa cup 1st round this season? Come on bromley/dartford/welling

Bromley V Charlton would be better. Two sides of terracing

Not sure who would win but I'd be supporting Charlton.

And it's Sir Henry, not Mr. I was knighted you know : - )

Apologies Sir Henry! In fairness i think we'll appreciate winning the FA Cup much more, knowing that we won every game from the first round to Wembley, after beating Gillingham, Millwall, Palace and Chelsea along the way. Get your money on it, we're due a cup run! :o)

P.S. Very funny Chizz!
  • We haven't considered Gillingham yet, but we will have a chat internally to make sure all angles are covered before we announce anything.

I think Brighton will sell out easily despite being a Tuesday in December, not least because we have plenty of supporters who live in Sussex.

Norwich is at about 650.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any numbers who were at Tranmere Saturday?
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I think Brighton will sell out easily despite being a Tuesday in December, not least because we have plenty of supporters who live in Sussex.

I suspect many of our Sussex-based fans will know enough about Withdean to opt for tickets in the North Stand (for the benefits of having a roof and being less than a quarter mile from the pitch) so shouldn't impact on away end sales as much as anticipated.
  • 650 for Naridge is a bit dissapointing....
  • Only went on general sale yesterday I think, so might get a few more sales as we've got 2 home games before that?
  • We will need to tell Norwich on Monday if we want more than 1,300. I am optimistic we would be able to sell more, but if the take-up at the weekend isn't good we may not be able to get the extra.