Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Myhre in Dowie Dig

Skysports.com:

Thomas Myhre has accused former Charlton Athletic boss Iain Dowie of being 'dishonest' with him.

Dowie left The Addicks in November after a brief stint in charge, during which time he did not select Myhre in the Premiership.

On-loan Scott Carson was Dowie's preferred first choice, but Norwegian veteran Myhre felt his old manager had not been straight with him.

"The last thing that happened at Charlton was not fair," Myhre told Dagbladet.

"When Charlton brought in Carson, Iain Dowie called me and told me that he had not decided who would be the first choice.

"I was with the national team and thought that I would play the first match for Charlton when I came back.

"What he didn't tell me was that Carson had a clause in his contract stipulating that he should play.

"He (Dowie) was dishonest with me and that is something I can't respect."

Myhre is joining Viking Stavanger on a three-and-a-half year contract in the summer, but he is hoping Dowie's successor Alan Pardew will allow him to return to Norway in time for the start of the new season in April

Comments

• hmm, sour grapes although if true it is a bit off. Fact is though Carson is a better keeper.
  • Myhre is joining Viking Stavanger on a three-and-a-half year contract in the summer, but he is hoping Dowie's successor Alan Pardew will allow him to return to Norway in time for the start of the new season in April

Fat chance, we'll need him for the Liverpool game.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    Myhre is joining Viking Stavanger on a three-and-a-half year contract in the summer, but he is hoping Dowie's successor Alan Pardew will allow him to return to Norway in time for the start of the new season in April

Fat chance, we'll need him for the Liverpool game.

Surely playing a disgruntled goalkeeper is not the wisest of moves.
  • edited February 2007
    But probably better than giving a kid his debut? Myhre has always been extremely professional when he's played - and as ex Everton what better way to bow out of English football than with a clean sheet at Anfield (which keeps us up...oh no, hope it doesn't go to the wire)?
  • I think the press has always taken Norweigan interviews and tried to portray him as "disgruntled".
  • I think anybody would be cheesed off in Myhre's shoes.

He did nothing wrong last season and, partiularly if the conversation referred to took place, had every right to expect to play.

That said Carson has been superb and I don't want to take anything away from him by sympathising with Tommy.