Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lloyds TSB

Got a letter this morning telling me my business account has been closed, along with a cheque with the monies I had in it.
Phoned up my "Business Adviser" who told me "Mr. Treemer is off til Monday..........he deals with your account".
Asked if I had a bad credit history with them & was told " No...theres nothing on your screen".
Went to my Bank & they have no idea whats happened.
I've got Mortgage payments & Council Tax coming out of my account at the end of the month.
Any Ideas/Help/Advice please............

Comments

• PMing you mate.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]PMing you mate.

Sorry.......??
  • MOG - I assume Algarve will send you a whisper
  • PM - personal message, sorry, forgot they are called whispers on here...
  • Right, Thats IT !
    I'm going up to the poxy Lloyds Bank in Sydenham AND I'm getting a Complaints Form !
    That'll show them..............
  • Yay, MoGGY ......KILL !!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Right, Thats IT !
    I'm going up to the poxy Lloyds Bank in Sydenham AND I'm getting a Complaints Form !
    That'll show them..............

And if that fails do the English thing; moan to all your family and friends then plead with the bank to help you.
  • edited August 2009
    MOG...if that doesn't work then contact the Banking Ombudsman:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
  • MOG, have you touched F5 while you've been on internet banking? If so, this is just the start of it...
  • Sh*t.........F5 strikes again..............
    Seriously, went to my Branch today and they were falling over themselves to apologies, they were told I would be contacted by close of banking yesterday (I wasn't).
    Gave me Complaint forms and advised me what to say & do...........
    Mr Treema is the guy the whole Business Banking world revolves around apparently, but he's off til Tuesday..........
  • Sponsored links:

• I smell a nice little compo package here - Screw the Buggers MoG! Especially as we (taxpayers) bloody well own the bank!
  • Get yourself another current/business account mate Nationwide are decent and tell the plebs to poke they're account.

Absolute divs these people are. I'm still waiting on a call back from my 'account manager'. I can wait, no dramas to me. He will be getting a loud flea placed into his ear when he does contact me though.
  • You have to go through the bank's own complaint procedure before contacting the ombudsman. If they don't offer you a reasonable amount of compo, demand more, and if there is no luck, then go down the ombudsman route P.
  • What happens if you press F5 whilst on internet banking?
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]What happens if you press F5 whilst on internet banking?
    You get virtually tea-bagged
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]What happens if you press F5 whilst on internet banking?
    It's the account closure button.

If you press Ctrl+F5 it transfers all your money into a dead Nigerian general's account. I keep a cup over the keyboard when I'm browsing, just in case. When Mr Treema comes back on Tuesday, he will explain this.
  • Gotta say I am not surprised, LTSB are about to be Sued by all their shareholders who voted against the buyout of HBOS but they went ahead & did it anyway. The shareholders are mobilising as we speak, all shareholders are being asked to donate £15 towards the legal costs of sueing LTSB.

DON'T DO IT !!
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]MOG...if that doesn't work then contact the Banking Ombudsman:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Thanks for all the advice guys....
    really appreciate this.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Gotta say I am not surprised, LTSB are about to be Sued by all their shareholders who voted against the buyout of HBOS but they went ahead & did it anyway. The shareholders are mobilising as we speak, all shareholders are being asked to donate £15 towards the legal costs of sueing LTSB.
    To be fair, buying HBOS was a clownish move, but if they're attempting to sue them for doing something that was carried through under proper corporate governance, then they're morons. Surely a court is going to say:

Was there a vote? Yes
    What did the majority of the shareholding vote for? Takeover of cash strapped incompetent bank
    So what happened? Took over said bank
    And your problem? The value of my shares went down.

Well durrrrrr. I lost about a grand at this caper (not that I voted for or against anything, not being a 'spotter), but that's the game. I wonder, in the unlikely event that these individuals ever buy shares that make money if they get in a tizz about where to put the cash they've made.

They might as well torch their 15 quid. Should be some sort of IQ test before people are allowed to buy shares. It's like that 'tard that was sueing William Hill for taking his idiotic bets. All that these peoples actions mean is that if you're an adult, of sound mind, who wants to gamble: be it buying shares, horses or roulette there's a lot more rules to "protect" thickos who didn't realise that there's a chance that these things aren't great big cash vending machines and there's an outside chance that they won't pay-off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Phoned Lloyds up at 9am, asked to speak to "Mr.Treema",he's "unavailable".
    "Jenny" says she will look into it & will phone back later...........
    (like they did last week........)
  • Go in there MoG and kick up a stink
  • The thing is with shares, most people consider them investments when they are actually gambles.
    Still you only lose your money if you sell them.
    Just wish all our money hadnt been going into our recent wedding, as would have loved to whack a couple of grand on RBS shares when they were around 10-15pence. Especially as the new chairman Hester's package is all about getting the shareprice up to 80pence by march next year.

And by the way - with the recent rises in Lloyds and RBS shareprice, the value of the governments stake (i.e ours), is now worth more than the money the government pumped in. We are all quids in - wahey.
  • I work for lloyds....not in a branch but in the financial markets - its pretty grim here at the mo loads of cuts all over the shop. Talks were going around that the Chief Exec didnt want to buy HBOS and was forced....I too have numerious shares in LloydsBanking Group but still need to the share price to go up for another 50p for me to even break even!!
  • Been waiting for a phonecall since 9am:
    Enoughs enough.

Advice please on "Sue-ing" these b*stards: What to do,who to speak to etc............
    (whisper if need be).
    Thanks
  • MOG, make sure you put everything in writing and copy the onboardsman (though don't think they'll get involved at this stage). Also copy their head of Business Banking: (the wonderfully named G Truett Tate: Group Executive Director, Wholesale)

Follow their complaints procedure and do it formally. If the idiots that are letting you down see that you're exposing them, they'll pull their fingers out.
    LTSB Complaints Process

Summarise all the points and also point out the dates you've been waiting for a call and who you've spoken to. Naming names is surprisingly effective.LTSB Complaint ProcessMOG, make sure you put everything in writing and copy the onboardsman (though don't think they'll get involved at this stage). Also get onto their website and work out who the big cheese is in business banking Follow their complaints procedure and do it formally. If the idiots that are letting you down see that you're exposing them, they'll pull their fingers out.

Basically trying to sue them if you haven't got any written trail or much by way of direct losses is a non-starter. They've got more resources than you...
  • Thanks,
    Have the letter they sent & 4 different names of the people I've spoken too.
    Also put in a Complaints form in my local branch.
    Will keep everything, and copy it.
    Thanks again.
  • Sorry if people are getting fed up with my moaning (hence my user-name) but..............

An Update:
    Just spent over an hour in Lloyds TSB Sydenham Branch trying to get this sorted.
    The "Manager" there was as helpful as he can be,but says he cannot access my Business Account details.So he phoned the office number on the original letter and after 20mins or so came back to tell me he had been told that my account was closed because I never had enough money in my account to pay my "Direct Debits" & "Standing Orders".
    I calmly explained that I have no "Direct Debits" & "Standing Orders" on this Account, only on my Personal one.
    He gave me more Complaint Forms & advised me to phone the Bank when I got home.
    Will fill in my 2nd C.Form after I've phoned again.
  • Ah, it's the dreaded Sydenham factor again, (our business banking prob. was with Barclays), difficulties in attracting the right type of employee apparently. We ended up sending everything by registered post, but bank then said it didn't recognise the signature of the person who signed for the letters at the Bank. Didn't wash with the FSA though. Best of luck to you.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]MOG, make sure you put everything in writing and copy the onboardsman (though don't think they'll get involved at this stage).
    Having worked for the Ombudsman for 5 years, I can tell you they won't get involved until you have exhausted the complaints process within the Lloyds Banking Group (or whatever it is they've changed their name to). Once that has happened & you have a "final response" they can get involved.

They deal with "putting things right" more than compensation. You may get a small amount for distress/inconvenience, but any monetary award made against the bank will be majorly down to hard facts - ie. their actions cost/lost you £xxx.xxp

An Ombudsman's Decision (initially the "view" on the merits of the complaint will be given by an Adjudicator, but you can push for an Ombudsman to look at the case) is binding on the Bank, but you can reject it & still sue.

If you're after some kind of monetary compensation, then suing is the way forward.

Timescale-wise, the FOS will take some time. There's a backlog of complaints & you should be prepared for it to take 6-12 months. It is, however, free to you no matter if you win or lose.

There is a £ turnover limit for businesses. Basically, over a certain amount it's deemed that you make enough money to sort it out yourself. Check the FOS website for the threshold.

Hope that helps :o)