Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Wigan Athletic | Tuesday 9 April 24 | Match Preview, Prediction, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    follett said:
    Has the decision to stop Charlton TV been confirmed? I assume there will still be international streaming via Ifollow?
    https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/21564/12873679/sky-sports-agrees-new-five-year-efl-deal-over-1000-matches-per-season

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.
    Cheers, so international streaming will still take place. Hopefully Charlton Tv stays as it is far better than iFollow
  • Options
    I normally get the train to home games, but will be driving tonight. Does all the parking nonsense apply for evening games? Thanks. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I normally get the train to home games, but will be driving tonight. Does all the parking nonsense apply for evening games? Thanks. 
    I think so.
    I would say you have to park somewhere likeBramshott Avenue or Wyndcliff Road in order to avoid a fine.
    Others will have better and more precise information.
  • Options
    Thanks, Seth. 
  • Options
    Fairly comfortable home win, 3-1.
  • Options
    I can't see Nathan Jones tinkering too much with Saturday's line up - he will be very keen to continue the unbeaten run. I would be surprised if we maintain the level of the Barnsley game, but still fancy us to win this and sell a few more season tickets. Predicting a 2-0 victory - another Alfie double.
  • Options
    I think we'll take a lot of confidence from Saturday. 4-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    As far as I am aware, nothing has been said about Charlton TV's future.

As for next season - and correct me if I have got this wrong - more games are being shown live on SKY and any game being shown live cannot be streamed in this country. So if Sky are showing one of our midweek games, these cannot be streamed in the UK as they currently are. 

But internationally, clubs are still free to stream games abroad. Therefore the club could continue with its Charlton TV service abroad if it choose to. 

I guess it all just depends on whether the club wants to carry on streaming games abroad. If they don't want the expense of the full Charlton TV presentation we currently get, I guess they could just show the games as they currently do with the EFL cup games.

I guess wait and see but I can only say it would be a huge loss to lose Scot, Brownie and Curbs ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoping Chucks grabs a goal in a comfortable win. Bloke seems to want it and clearly just wants to play football. 

Charlton 2 - Wigan 0

• Options
    As far as I am aware, nothing has been said about Charlton TV's future.

As for next season - and correct me if I have got this wrong - more games are being shown live on SKY and any game being shown live cannot be streamed in this country. So if Sky are showing one of our midweek games, these cannot be streamed in the UK as they currently are. 

But internationally, clubs are still free to stream games abroad. Therefore the club could continue with its Charlton TV service abroad if it choose to. 

I guess it all just depends on whether the club wants to carry on streaming games abroad. If they don't want the expense of the full Charlton TV presentation we currently get, I guess they could just show the games as they currently do with the EFL cup games.

I guess wait and see but I can only say it would be a huge loss to lose Scot, Brownie and Curbs ! 
    But then of course at the moment all the Saturday games are "officially" only being covered for those abroad anyway...

Leaving aside the live coverage, at the moment one of the selling points of the regular Charlton TV package is full match rewatches, so I'm sure they'll want to continue that in some form. 
  • Options
    Good review as ever Sage, though you're being a bit harsh on Shaun Maloney in a season where Wigan have had 8 points deducted. To keep them comfortably midtable is a decent job.
  • Options
    edited April 9
    shirty5 said:
    follett said:
    Has the decision to stop Charlton TV been confirmed? I assume there will still be international streaming via Ifollow?
    https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/21564/12873679/sky-sports-agrees-new-five-year-efl-deal-over-1000-matches-per-season

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.
    But that means tonight won't be the last time I have to miss running club and shell out hard earned money to send my blood pressure through the roof watching pants football 🙄 Oh well, such are the dog eared cards life's dealt me*

* Always appreciative of the fact, and not not forgetting that, others have it far worse than me of course.

• Options
    With Wickham and Jones available, it will be interested who is in and who he leaves out
  • Options
    edited April 9
    It’s going to need to be a great strike to beat their keeper.
     ( octopus arms ) Mr Tickle. 
    Nil Nil

• Options
    ross1 said:
    With Wickham and Jones available, it will be interested who is in and who he leaves out
    Especially as I'm sure he'll want to see how Wickham and Lualua can do, if he's thinking about offering them a contract for next season.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Parking bays within the CPZ where parking is restricted to a maximum of 2 hours ends at 18.30.
    Therefore you can park in those bays from 16.30 in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Not unlike Barnsley , the way Wigan play suits our style. They will try to play football unlike Stevenage who are anti football.

3-1 win 

May (2) Chuks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 9
  • Options
    Im feeling slightly cheated at the moment. After having to endure the total shite we have had to watch this season just as we start to perform the season is ending !!! 3-1 victory and another good performance I think 
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Avoid defeat tonight and we will equal our longest single season unbeaten run since 2011 when we started the 101 point season with a 12 game unbeaten run.
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Avoid defeat tonight and we will equal our longest unbeaten run since 2011 when we started the 101 point season with a 12 game unbeaten run.
    13 games 

2 games - End of 2013/2014 season under Jose Riga

11 games - Start of the 2014/2015 season under Bob Peeters
  • Options
    edited April 9
    shirty5 said:
    Avoid defeat tonight and we will equal our longest unbeaten run since 2011 when we started the 101 point season with a 12 game unbeaten run.
    13 games 

2 games - End of 2013/2014 season under Jose Riga

11 games - Start of the 2014/2015 season under Bob Peeters
    Thanks, didn’t think to check joining two seasons together. Will update my post to say single season unbeaten run… :-)
  • Options
    Avoid defeat tonight and we will equal our longest single season unbeaten run since 2011 when we started the 101 point season with a 12 game unbeaten run.
    You couldn't contrast more starkly two seasons though!
  • Options
    Was told that Jones wanted to bring Wickham and Aneke off the bench after 65 minutes but the EFL blocked it on the grounds of cruelty to defenders.

I hope we do see more of Wickham, perhaps starting with May, and they having Kanu and Aneke fresh to come on after an hour.

Having such as fit squad is a novelty for any recent Charlton manager but I don't expect many changes.   Jones in for Hector or Thomas, perhaps.

Really want to see Coventry step up.  A very neat and tidy player, moves the ball well but not seeing many goals or assists, as yet. Maybe tonight.

As much as I'm enjoying not losing, unbeaten runs are a bit meaningless as it is points that matter and too many of the games in this run have been draws.  

Unbeaten runs are also of little value now, when the season is as good as over.  Good for confidence in the team and for the fans but let's see us go 11 unbeaten at the start of next season.

Wigan's season is over and they aren't in good form so I'm expecting another open game with plenty of chances at both ends so 0 - 0 it is.
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Rearranged fixture see’s my son missing his first home game of the season and is furious. 

His father less so.