Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Good draw. Just need Southgate to trust what he has offensively a bit more.
    Feel like he does trust us offensively, just not defensively so sticks in more defensive midfielders and right backs than he needs.
  • Options
    Feel like Belgium always get it easy
    If they both win their group then don't they face France in the quarters?

I don't think anyone has it easier than us. We have a fairly easy group, a third placed side in the last 16 and we can't face a group winner until the semi.
  • Options
    Have booked flights for 1st group game and the quarters thus far.

If we win the group, the travelling route is ridiculously simple.
  • Options
    As flight prices have jumped, another option is Flying to Eindhoven. Train connections to Western Germany are straight forward.
  • Options
    Should be guaranteed a ticket for all matches. Think I’ll probably only do 1st and 3rd group stage games, QF and the final. Group looks a bit boring, but won’t be thinking that when at the matches.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Doing 1st and 2nd group games for England. Have also applied for a few other matches in the area too for the days when we aren’t playing. 

Because of work commitments I’ll be back home after that, but plan to head out for the QF onwards if we get that far. 

I know it’s a while off yet, but happy to meet up for a session with any Charlton/England supporting fans out there.
  • Options
    If the qualifiers and group stage goes according to current FIFA rankings (obviously it won’t) then quarter finals might look like this:

1. Spain OR Hungary/Austria/Romania/Czech Rep v Germany OR Denmark

2. Portugal OR Hungary/Croatia/Serbia v Netherlands OR Ukraine

3. Belgium OR Hungary/Croatia/Serbia/Austria v France OR Turkey

4. England OR Austria/Romania/Czech Rep v Switzerland OR Italy

Semi finals would be 1. v 2. and 3. v 4.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Feel like he does trust us offensively, just nit defensively so sticks in more defensive midfielders and right backs than he needs.
    My point is that he should trust we will score more than we concede and only play one defensive midfielder. We have to get more bodies forwards at times as decent defensive sides are crowding the box and making it difficult for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    If the qualifiers and group stage goes according to current FIFA rankings (obviously it won’t) then quarter finals might look like this:

1. Spain OR Hungary/Austria/Romania/Czech Rep v Germany OR Denmark

2. Portugal OR Hungary/Croatia/Serbia v Netherlands OR Ukraine

3. Belgium OR Hungary/Croatia/Serbia/Austria v France OR Turkey

4. England OR Austria/Romania/Czech Rep v Switzerland OR Italy

Semi finals would be 1. v 2. and 3. v 4.

Effectively one side of the draw has
    - Spain, Germany, Portugal and Netherlands (avg world ranking of 9) 
    and the other side has
    - Belgium, France, England and Italy or Croatia (avg world ranking of 5).

Hasn't worked out too badly in terms of making sure everything looks about even. Especially when you consider that wheoever doesn't come into our half out of Italy or Croatia will probably go into the other half of the draw to strengthen that half further.

Now we wait for some upsets that push Spain, Germany and Portugal into our half of the draw with France et al. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    What’s the likelihood of getting a ticket on match day?
    I’m heading to Stuttgart for the Slovenia v Denmark game. Stadiums holds 51k.
    can’t imagine it’s the most attractive game for the neutral, so just wondering if fellow CL posters at previous finals tournaments have managed to get hold of a ticket on the day?
    I’ve booked the hotel - 3 of us going. A must do for me, as I’m back home in Denmark for a couple of weeks. 10 hours drive from my hometown Odense.
    Can imagine it’s even harder to get tickets sitting next to each other, so happy to sit in different spots.
    I’ve already applied via the UEFA ticketing site. No chance of getting it through the Danish FA. Haven’t got enough loyalty points (the more points, the better a chance you have of being drawn). 
    Just can’t miss out on this. Going to a finals tournament to watch Denmark is on my bucket list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danepak said:
    can’t imagine it’s the most attractive game for the neutral, so just wondering if fellow CL posters at previous finals tournaments have managed to get hold of a ticket on the day?
    I’ve booked the hotel - 3 of us going. A must do for me, as I’m back home in Denmark for a couple of weeks. 10 hours drive from my hometown Odense.
    Can imagine it’s even harder to get tickets sitting next to each other, so happy to sit in different spots.
    I’ve already applied via the UEFA ticketing site. No chance of getting it through the Danish FA. Haven’t got enough loyalty points (the more points, the better a chance you have of being drawn). 
    Just can’t miss out on this. Going to a finals tournament to watch Denmark is on my bucket list.
    I imagine the tickets will be on an app as opposed to via paper. That makes it harder for anything to be re-sold unless it is on the UEFA platform. 
  • Options
    Feel like he does trust us offensively, just nit defensively so sticks in more defensive midfielders and right backs than he needs.
    My point is that he should trust we will score more than we concede and only play one defensive midfielder. We have to get more bodies forwards at times as decent defensive sides are crowding the box and making it difficult for us.
    I think most people will agree with this. Teams are surely going to be afraid of our attacking options and will go defensive against us, so therefore we don't need to play 2 holding midfielders.

Let teams worry about how to deal with Bellingham, Kane, Foden, Saka etc. Then there's also Grealish, Maddison, Palmer, Rashford.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Danepak said:
    I imagine the tickets will be on an app as opposed to via paper. That makes it harder for anything to be re-sold unless it is on the UEFA platform. 
    You might have a point. During the latest women’s World Cup, it was all 100% via the app. But from memory you could transfer tickets to other people via their email address.
  • Options

The BBC will show England's first two group games at Euro 2024 and ITV will broadcast the opening match between Germany and Scotland.

Uefa Euro 2024 group schedule

14 June: Germany v Scotland (20:00 BST) - ITV

15 June: Hungary v Switzerland (14:00) - ITV

15 June: Spain v Croatia (17:00) - ITV

15 June: Italy v Albania (20:00) - BBC

16 June: Play-off A winners* v Netherlands (14:00) - BBC

16 June: Slovenia v Denmark (17:00) - ITV

16 June: Serbia v England (20:00) - BBC

17 June: Romania v play-off B winners** (14:00) - BBC

17 June: Belgium v Slovakia (17:00) - ITV

17 June: Austria v France (20:00) - ITV

18 June: Turkey v play-off C winners*** (17:00) - BBC

18 June: Portugal v Czech Republic (20:00) - BBC

19 June: Croatia v Albania (14:00) - ITV

19 June: Germany v Hungary (17:00) - BBC

19 June: Scotland v Switzerland (20:00) - BBC

20 June: Slovenia v Serbia (14:00) - ITV

20 June: Denmark v England (17:00) - BBC

20 June: Spain v Italy (20:00) - ITV

21 June: Slovakia v play-off B winners (14:00) - BBC

21 June: Play-off A winners v Austria (17:00) - ITV

21 June: Netherlands v France (20:00) - BBC

22 June: Play-off C winners v Czech Republic (14:00) - BBC

22 June: Turkey v Portugal (17:00) - ITV

22 June: Belgium v Romania (20:00) - ITV

23 June: Switzerland v Germany (20:00) - BBC

23 June: Scotland v Hungary (20:00) - BBC

24 June: Albania v Spain (20:00) - BBC

24 June: Croatia v Italy (20:00) - BBC

25 June: Netherlands v Austria (17:00) - BBC

25 June: France v play-off A winners (17:00) - BBC

25 June: England v Slovenia (20:00) - ITV

25 June: Denmark v Serbia (20:00) - ITV

26 June: Slovakia v Romania (17:00) - BBC

26 June: Play-off B winners v Belgium (17:00) - BBC

26 June: Play-off C winners v Portugal (20:00) - ITV

26 June: Czech Republic v Turkey (20:00) - ITV

*Play-off A winners: Wales, Finland, Poland or Estonia

**Play-off B winners: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Ukraine, Israel or Iceland

***Play-off C winners: Georgia, Luxembourg, Greece or Kazakhstan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67646135

• Options
    Bellingham is one of the best players in the world at the moment playing as a 10 and scoring goals for Real Madrid. Why on earth would you put an extra attacking midfielder in and give Bellingham more defensive responsibility. We’ve got one of the best players in the world, play to his strengths instead of limiting him by trying to force extra attacking players into the team 

Kalvin Phillips needs to move on loan in January to play, he’s ideal for the role and was excellent at the euros. We are very light on good options in that position so it is a concern, but playing 2 sitters gets the best out of Bellingham which is more of a plus than getting anyone else in the team 
  • Options
    Lovely KO times for England... Although looking at it, the only 2pm times are the unattractive ties
  • Options
    Lovely KO times for England... Although looking at it, the only 2pm times are the unattractive ties
    Speak for yourself FA! I for one have 17th June marked on my calendar and the countdown has begun for the epic resumption of that greatest of intense international rivalries between Romania and "play off B winners" 
  • Options
    edited March 27

Fri 14 June: Germany v Scotland (20:00 BST)

Sat 15 June: Hungary v Switzerland (14:00), Spain v Croatia (17:00), Italy v Albania (20:00)

Sun 16 June: Poland v Netherlands (14:00), Slovenia v Denmark (17:00), Serbia v England (20:00)

Mon 17 June: Romania v Ukraine (14:00), Belgium v Slovakia (17:00), Austria v France (20:00)

Tue 18 June: Turkey v Georgia (17:00), Portugal v Czech Republic (20:00), 

Wed 19 June: Croatia v Albania (14:00), Germany v Hungary (17:00), Scotland v Switzerland (20:00)

Thu 20 June: Slovenia v Serbia (14:00), Denmark v England (17:00), Spain v Italy (20:00)

Fri 21 June: Slovakia v Ukraine (14:00), Poland v Austria (17:00), Netherlands v France (20:00)

Sat 22 June: Georgia v Czech Republic (14:00), Turkey v Portugal (17:00), Belgium v Romania (20:00)

Sun 23 June: Switzerland v Germany (20:00), Scotland v Hungary (20:00)

Mon 24 June: Albania v Spain (20:00), Croatia v Italy (20:00) 

Tue 25 June: Netherlands v Austria (17:00), France v Poland (17:00), England v Slovenia (20:00), Denmark v Serbia (20:00)

Wed 26 June: Slovakia v Romania (17:00), Ukraine v Belgium (17:00), Georgia v Portugal (20:00), Czech Republic v Turkey (20:00)

Round of 16: Sat 29 June - Tue 2 July, (17:00 & 20:00 KOs)

Quarter final: Sat 5 & Sun 6 July, (17:00 & 20:00 KOs)

Semi final: Tue 9 & Wed 10 July, (20:00 KOs)

Final: Sun 14 July, (20:00 KO)

• Options
    Saw that earlier, surprised any coach would complain about having more players to choose from but suppose GS mentioning keeping players happy ties into the whole Ben white making himself unavailable thing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw that earlier, surprised any coach would complain about having more players to choose from but suppose GS mentioning keeping players happy ties into the whole Ben white making himself unavailable thing 
    I am making myself unavailable too. 
  • Options
    I'll see how i feel on the day