Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    I know he might thrive on riling up opposition supporters but I hope our lot give Taylor absolute dogs abuse when we play them. It would be thoroughly deserved.
    He is a massive ego and loves being the centre of attention whether it’s is getting praise or ‘getting abuse’. 

The thing he would least expect, and would bruise his ego more, would be for Charlton fans to absolutely ignore him and pretend his didn’t even exist.

Why bother giving him something to feed off, by shouting pointless swear words at him which will just let him raise his game.

Why don’t we just spend our time singing praises about how Alfie May is our best striker in years instead. Expect that will annoy him much more. 

Think there are levels though. This isn't just about oppo fans thinking he's a bit of a prick. There will be genuine hatred for him. Always remember Chris Armstrong and Kevin Muscat crumbling under the grief we gave them and this will be a level up from that.
    Who’s he? Muscat I remember very well of course, and the reason for it. It was delicious. But that other name I don’t register at all. 
  • Options
    I know he might thrive on riling up opposition supporters but I hope our lot give Taylor absolute dogs abuse when we play them. It would be thoroughly deserved.
    He is a massive ego and loves being the centre of attention whether it’s is getting praise or ‘getting abuse’. 

The thing he would least expect, and would bruise his ego more, would be for Charlton fans to absolutely ignore him and pretend his didn’t even exist.

Why bother giving him something to feed off, by shouting pointless swear words at him which will just let him raise his game.

Why don’t we just spend our time singing praises about how Alfie May is our best striker in years instead. Expect that will annoy him much more. 

Think there are levels though. This isn't just about oppo fans thinking he's a bit of a prick. There will be genuine hatred for him. Always remember Chris Armstrong and Kevin Muscat crumbling under the grief we gave them and this will be a level up from that.
    Who’s he? Muscat I remember very well of course, and the reason for it. It was delicious. But that other name I don’t register at all. 
    I think it's in reference to the Anglo Itallian game against Palace when he took some stick and got sent off. This carried onto the Colin Walsh Testimonal game
  • Options
    Ignore him, don’t give him the attention he so badly wants. 
    That’s the best way but it won’t happen 
  • Options
    Ignoring him clearly won't happen so max out with ultimate shithousery against him is the only option. Plus frankly, it is a nothing game at the end of the season for us so if he scores and celebrates in front of us, so what. It will be a hollow victory and he will know it.
  • Options
    Ignoring him clearly won't happen so max out with ultimate shithousery against him is the only option. Plus frankly, it is a nothing game at the end of the season for us so if he scores and celebrates in front of us, so what. It will be a hollow victory and he will know it.
    There’s a good chance they could be in, or at least still not safe from relegation, so not sure it would be hollow victory for him and Cambridge if he scores (unless we are 3-0 up).

Also what do you define as shithousery? Knowing the sort of player Taylor is, how he thrives, how do you think he will react to chants about him?

Do you think he is going to go into his shell and regret his decisions, or do you think, as we saw plenty of times, he will use that focus to up his game.

I much expect the latter.
  • Options
    edited March 17
    It'll be a hollow victory because we are safe so if he scores and gets lary at us, so what.  He also won't give two shits if Cambridge stay up or not.
    Couldn't care less how he reacts to chants against him tbh, footy is theatre and entertainment.  Do you really expect fans to not join in. The partisan atmosphere is one of the things that makes it such a great game.  The joy and despair. Embrace it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ignore him, don’t give him the attention he so badly wants. 
    Who?
  • Options
    The best thing we could do is not go to the match, can you imagine Taylor & Bonne celebrating a goal each , in front of zero Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I’d personally like to see Cambridge stay up. A mate of mine is involved with their supporters’ trust and it’s an excellent away trip (although a pity about the rail replacement service next month). Taylor is on a short-term deal with Cambridge and, like Bonne, who is on loan from Gillingham, won’t be there after the end of this season. I don’t suppose either of them give a toss about the fortunes of Cambridge United. 
    Cambridge is a great away day, pretty much as good as you’ve got in league one at the moment, barring maybe Pompey. Decent trip, decent fans. Much, much rather they stay up than Fleetwood or burton or Cheltenham or port vale.
  • Options
    I hope rather than expect us to ignore him. He thrives on the hostile atmosphere and just a so what attitude would hurt him more IMO.
  • Options
    Getting my bet on him to score lined up as we speak 
  • Options
    It'll be a hollow victory because we are safe so if he scores and gets lary at us, so what.  He also won't give two shits if Cambridge stay up or not.
    Couldn't care less how he reacts to chants against him tbh, footy is theatre and entertainment.  Do you really expect fans to not join in. The partisan atmosphere is one of the things that makes it such a great game.  The joy and despair. Embrace it.

All he would have to do is wave his wallett at us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Times article today on how Taylor was responsible for Bowyer managing Montserrat. Unbelievable ….
  • Options
    Bowyer spoke about Taylor on the pod episode he did with Rich Cawley. He was pretty understanding of his decision not to play at the end of the season with us. He went through so many bonkers things as Charlton manager I feel like he was just able to take anything on the chin.
  • Options
    Ah, they share an agent. No wonder neither has done anything wrong in their career (of late).
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Feck me, he just can’t help himself can he 🤣🤣
    Bowyer or Taylor?  To be honest, I am losing respect for Bowyer the more I read about his relationship with the snake.  He let Bowyer and the team down in their hour of need. Some would say 'thats football' but I would not forgive Taylor for his actions (I know they were at Birmingham together also, but only solidifies my loss of respect for Bowyer)
    When Bowyer decided to lump Solly and Davis in with Taylor it smacked of creating a siege mentality in blaming the three of them even though the circumstances of the other two were somewhat different. To Bowyer, they were a means to an end and he did not hesitate, despite what happened with us, to sign Taylor at Birmingham. Now we find that they share the same agent and that Taylor has reciprocated in getting him an international job. It sort of all fits into place. 
  • Options
    edited March 22
    While  most of the football community were quick to disapprove snakes actions I always found it strange Bowyer  was reluctant to do so . The pieces are now coming together.
  • Options
    While  most of the football community were quick to disapprove snakes actions I always found it strange Bowyer  was reluctant to do so . The pieces are now coming together.
    I understand why he didn't tear him apart as football is a small world and burning bridges isn't a sensible thing to do, one week Lee Bowyer is our hero, fast forward 9 months and people are wanting him sacked so if I'm being totally objective, I get that. Privately I bet he wanted to strangle him at the time and as much as we can say that with our hands on hearts, Lee Bowyer probably couldn't