Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL 23/24 - Championship, League One, Wrexham's League Two featuring Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    Come on Coventry City, you are doing well 😂
  • Options
    edited February 11
     CBT only unused sub for Derby yesterday 
  • Options
    Feel so sorry for the guy, absolutely amazing goal and it goes down as an own goal:

• Options
    We sign Harrogate's right back. Two weeks later they are beaten 9-2 by Mansfield...
  • Options
    Along with Millwall's struggles under Edwards, another dubious managerial appointment was Sunderland replacing Mowbray with Michael Beale, something reinforced when Mowbray's Birmingham beat Sunderland on Saturday.
  • Options

Southampton's game tonight has been called off, due to a massive fire next to the ground.
  • Options
    The bottom half of the championship is ridiculously close (well except for Rotherham), t2 points between 16th and 23rd.
  • Options
    Coventry’s head of recruitment Dean Austin is considering legal action after private WhatsApp messages were photographed at Wednesday’s Watford game and published on social media. 

• Options
    Lincoln current league form is incredible. 

26 points from last 10 games.

35 points from first 29 games of season. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    and again today...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lincoln current league form is incredible. 

26 points from last 10 games.

35 points from first 29 games of season. 

Scored at least 5 goals in each of their last 3 matches but hadn't even scored 4 in the previous 44 matches this season. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    So I'm seeing mates in Swansea this weekend and am out, in the bar I'm in is Luke Williams, the Swansea manager. He was good enough to ask me how I was when I tried to get past at the bar - I didn't even wanna say hello and wanted to leave him to it! -  and I mentioned I was at the game and what a good win for them it was (I went to the Liberty).

Soon as I mentioned I was an Addick he immediately said we were a great club, and that we are on the way back, he reckons. A very nice fella taking the time to indulge every drunken Swansea fan here - they've got a good one.
    He wouldn't have been out in Swansea if they'd lost 2-0 to Cardiff, instead of beating them  :D
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    So I'm seeing mates in Swansea this weekend and am out, in the bar I'm in is Luke Williams, the Swansea manager. He was good enough to ask me how I was when I tried to get past at the bar - I didn't even wanna say hello and wanted to leave him to it! -  and I mentioned I was at the game and what a good win for them it was (I went to the Liberty).

Soon as I mentioned I was an Addick he immediately said we were a great club, and that we are on the way back, he reckons. A very nice fella taking the time to indulge every drunken Swansea fan here - they've got a good one.
    He wouldn't have been out in Swansea if they'd lost 2-0 to Cardiff, instead of beating them  :D
    Very true! He's not out city centre to be fair, but honestly, he seems to value the connection you can forge with the fans. It's exactly what a club needs. And my mates were waxing lyrical even ahead of the game. Glad he's generous about us too!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    32,538 at Derby yesterday. A lot of top flight teams in Europe don't even get near that.
  • Options
    The frustrating thing is that 6th place this season in L1 is up for grabs for a team making a late run, like Lincoln. Stevenage seem to have hit a wall, Oxford have never recovered from losing Manning, while Blackpool have never seemed consistent enough to be promotion contenders.
  • Options
    Just so you can all keep the dates free... Play-Off Final is on Saturday 18th May

Sky Bet EFL Play-Off dates confirmed - The English Football League
  • Options
    edited March 20
    The frustrating thing is that 6th place this season in L1 is up for grabs for a team making a late run, like Lincoln. Stevenage seem to have hit a wall, Oxford have never recovered from losing Manning, while Blackpool have never seemed consistent enough to be promotion contenders.
    Quite incredible form they are in tbh, 8 wins and 2 draws from 10 is up there with the best streak across the entire season.

What it does suggest is that, after earlier in the season where it looked like playoffs was going to be another 80+ season, we might be lucky to see the team in 6th reach 75 when we’ve all played 46 games.
  • Options
    Mate at work is an Oxford fan an he told me today that Oxford's form since they brought Des in would see them 16th. How they've clung onto 6th place is a testiment to how crap this league has been this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this is one of the poorest League 1's in years. Which is what makes the whole Appleton fiasco so so frustrating because this feels like an open year that anyone could realistically get on a run of form and carry that straight to Wembley. 

There could be some quite big hitters coming up from League 2 with financial clout as well as coming down from the Championship along with a Yo-yoing Rotherham next season. 
  • Options
    Cheltenham started the season by not scoring in any of their first 11 games, and not winning until their 13th game and they might stay up.

After 12 games they had 2 points (ironically both coming against sides who are currently the top 2).
  • Options
    edited March 21
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think this is one of the poorest League 1's in years. Which is what makes the whole Appleton fiasco so so frustrating because this feels like an open year that anyone could realistically get on a run of form and carry that straight to Wembley. 

There could be some quite big hitters coming up from League 2 with financial clout as well as coming down from the Championship along with a Yo-yoing Rotherham next season. 

Add in what must be a high likelihood of Reading getting sold to motivated owners who might want to chuck some cash at them.

Then somewhat more optimistically / speculatively the fact that those teams going up from L1 will enter a championship next season where the PL relegated teams could well be as weak as you are likely to see. 

This season was a huge missed opportunity.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Add in what must be a high likelihood of Reading getting sold to motivated owners who might want to chuck some cash at them.

Then somewhat more optimistically / speculatively the fact that those teams going up from L1 will enter a championship next season where the PL relegated teams could well be as weak as you are likely to see. 

This season was a huge missed opportunity.

Absolutely agree. It's been such a huge opportunity missed. Next season won't be anywhere near as lacking in depth , you'll have Wigan without any penalties too. Whoever goes up this season has a great chance to stabilise in the Championship, I don't think perm 2 from Pompey/Bolton/Derby that will go up automatically would be yo-yo sides. 

Next season could be one of the strongest League 1's in years with some of the sides in that championship relegation battle. 
  • Options
    Stockport v MK…

Todd Kane playing right back for Stockport. Gilbey and Payne in midfield for MK.
  • Options
    Check the Stockport managers woolly hat 
    Looks like it says c*nt on it 😂
  • Options
    Bizarre game, how its 4-0 to Stockport I'll never know... Yes I know its because they've scored four goals smart arses ;)
  • Options
    Stockport v MK…

Todd Kane playing right back for Stockport. Gilbey and Payne in midfield for MK.
    I like the look of Gilbey. Never understood why we got rid of him.

I do he was gash 9/10 games for us