Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester Away

Return fare £20.10...........only takes 50 minutes,

Comments

• When?
  • was looking forward to this pre-season but a return on tuesday night from sheffield would mean an overnight in london and wednesday off... can't be done :-(
  • I'll be there - it's the closest ground to my house.

Hoping to have a box for it but so far unsuccessful
  • anyone know what the parking is like up there??
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]anyone know what the parking is like up there??

on an industrial estate and apparently most places charge £5, plenty of parking by the sounds of it and right next to the A12
  • I might go to this depending on whether I have college next day or not
  • I'm thinking of driving up to this one, fairly easy drive.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I'm thinking of driving up to this one, fairly easy drive.

Can I get a lift? Im only in New Eltham :P
  • Done will be ther thanks for rail info on this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• EA, disappears. Lol.
  • Parking is not good actually - park and ride in operation from colch town centre which apparently is guff. There is parking at the ground which is prob best bet
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Return fare £20.10...........only takes 50 minutes,
    is that return from Liverpool Street?

About an hour typically when I looked on tfl, I presume you don't book. You then get their special bus service to the ground

According to tfl website, return trains at 10:03, 10:17, 10:29 and 23:03 - does anyone have any info on what the bus service is like back to station after game? Would like to know you can get a train before half-ten!
  • Anyone know how many tickets we're getting for this? I have a feeling it could be quite popular.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Anyone know how many tickets we're getting for this? I have a feeling it could be quite popular.

3,111 according to the programme.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Return fare £20.10...........only takes 50 minutes,
    is that return from Liverpool Street?

About an hour typically when I looked on tfl, I presume you don't book. You then get their special bus service to the ground

According to tfl website, return trains at 10:03, 10:17, 10:29 and 23:03 - does anyone have any info on what the bus service is like back to station after game? Would like to know you can get a train before half-ten!

The shuttle takes you back and is 10 mins. Question is how long will it take to get on shuttle and for it to leave ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Anyone know how many tickets we're getting for this? I have a feeling it could be quite popular.

3,111 according to the programme.

I have a feeling it won't be, when people realise the parking is not great and if you go by train you may struggle to get the last one home from London.

Coach could be a good bet for once. Hassle free and only probably an hour from SE London/ North Kent.
  • Tickets now on sale

I'm gonna have to wait until they go on general sale
  • Might go to this, have work so would have to get the train which might be a bit difficult.

Shame it isn't on a Saturday otherwise I would definitely be there.
  • I'm going with a bloke from work (Colchester fan). Should be able to get the last train back out of Victoria but will be a late one considering how close Colchester is to London (trains from there back into town are pretty shit)
  • Sponsored links:

• got my ticket, and my old mans driving, which means i can have a few in the car/in a pub up there :D
  • Looks like I might need to dust down my sign !
  • I drove past there (A12) a couple of weeks ago on the way up to Suffolk. They were playing Leeds I think. Some people simply parked in a layby on the A12 and climbed up the grass verge!
  • The ground is only a short distance from the pub we stopped at when CL went to Ipswich in 2007.
  • Just got my tickets - first match my girlfriend will be going to
  • I'll be there
  • Will be there
  • Definitely be there for this one
  • Our 3 tickets have just been sorted and my boss agreed the day off weeks ago. Alas I wouldn't be able to get back from London in time for kickoff.

Really looking forward to this one. Other than Southend its the most local game to me, typically another midweek one. I'm obviously not meant to get a nice lie in and plenty of kip before footie.
  • anyone know how many weve sold for this so far?