Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    the lad is class on the pitch and off it. 
  • Options
    Sky Sports News are looking to do a feature with May, focused on his journey and ending up ‘back’ at Charlton.

It was scheduled to be recorded this week, but as we’ve had a few away games recently - and they want the focus to be around being ‘back’ where he grew up - think they are going to push it back a bit. 

But something to look out for. 
    I'll keep an eye out for the Sky camera truck outside his house and let you know when it happens  :D
  • Options
    My first boyfriend did not know Alfie May or his family but I remember May's first few games for us. He missed a few good chances and there were some doubters.

Then he found his shooting boots. 

Same might happen in the next few games.

Hope so. 
  • Options
    edited March 5
    Come on Alfie. Very surprised to see him finishing with such little finesse.

NJ thought he was doing them a favour. Am glad he got his goal. First in open play for some time?
  • Options
    Is that Alfie suspended now? 
  • Options
    Is that Alfie suspended now? 
    Bugger... Yes he is... 37th game was the cut-off, so this was the last game he needed to avoid getting booked
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought that was his 8th booking?
  • Options
    Flashscore says 8 bookings in 34 league games (1 more yellow in 3 fa cup games)
  • Options
    Mandela effect... I swear he was already on nine bookings before this game, and along with Dobson was at risk of the two game suspension 
  • Options
    Am sure before today he was 1 yellow away from x2 games out.. (Carlisle & Fleetwood?)
  • Options
    He is now on 8 yellows for EFL games
  • Options
    Mandela effect... I swear he was already on nine bookings before this game, and along with Dobson was at risk of the two game suspension 
    Jones, that was why he missed the last 2
  • Options
    what did he actually get booked for, any idea?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Went into the crowd for a hug during celebrations for 2nd goal
  • Options
    Alfie spent a long time on his haunches at looked distraught at the end, I thought it was because he heaped more relegation misery on Cheltenham but I think he realised his silly booking has put him out of the next 2 games! mind you I didn't see the yellow card for him 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Went into the crowd for a hug during celebrations for 2nd goal
    ah ok. thanks for explaining that. I didn't see that. I thought he was behind all the players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it was because it was Alfie and George sitting together on four bookings earlier in the season. But this time around it was Jones and Dobson on nine.
  • Options
    He was a bit wasteful and looked to be trying a bit too hard at times, but it was great to see him looking a threat again. He's not looked himself for a few weeks but he was buzzing around and finding pockets of space and shooting opportunities again tonight. Him and Kanu are getting onto each other's wave lengths as well. Bodes well for the rest of the season and should see him past the magic 20 goal barrier.
  • Options
    Grovenuts said:
    Alfie spent a long time on his haunches at looked distraught at the end, I thought it was because he heaped more relegation misery on Cheltenham but I think he realised his silly booking has put him out of the next 2 games! mind you I didn't see the yellow card for him 
    He’s got a big heart, I’m sure it was tough to score against Cheltenham after the years he had with them. 

Also imagine it was huge relief as he knows the chances in recent games that should have been in back of the net. 

Fancy him to get a couple of goals Saturday. 
  • Options
    Grovenuts said:
    He’s got a big heart, I’m sure it was tough to score against Cheltenham after the years he had with them. 

Also imagine it was huge relief as he knows the chances in recent games that should have been in back of the net. 

He’s suspended for the next two apparently 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Grovenuts said:

He’s suspended for the next two apparently 
    The stats I have seen are 8 yellows in the league and 1 in FA Cup. Can’t see why that’s a two game ban. Unless of course the couple of stat apps/sites I have looked at are all incorrect. 
  • Options
    We are all only going by someone saying, can't remember who, that Alfie was on 9 bookings a little while ago, not saying it is correct but would be good to get a definitive answer one way or another especially as Chucks minor injury seems a little bit more serious 
  • Options

Can’t see how he is suspended…. Going on the stats I would suggest he isn’t 
  • Options
    My understanding was FA Cup was doesn't count towards league cards. Sky showing 9 cards in the league so all good.