Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Random things that annoy you at football

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
The stadium announcer emphasising the period of injury time as a MINIMUM so much, it appears as if his life depends on it.

Comments

• Funny that always has me cringing-

For me has to be the incontinent- always hungry- alcoholic- nicotine addicts who have to come in late-leave for half time early- rejoin the second half late and then leave early. And call me mate when they make me stand up for the twenty-seventh time a match

Not very random- but i feel better for getting it of my chest!
  • No contest - early leavers.....

Kind of fair enough if we're winning 4-0, or indeed losing 4-0, but how can anyone leave when it's 1-1 and it's end to end, or we're 1-0 up and defending for our lives, or we're a goal down and we're attacking hard.....

Really gets my goat!
  • [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]Funny that always has me cringing-

For me has to be the incontinent- always hungry- alcoholic- nicotine addicts who have to come in late-leave for half time early- rejoin the second half late and then leave early. And call me mate when they make me stand up for the twenty-seventh time a match

LOL If you're in Block M, N Upper, then you might be at the end of my row !!

Covered last week but i'll say it again. You can walk the ground with a gun/knife/brick in your pocket, but hell no can you take that plastic bottle top with you.
  • I heard a story last week about a woman who takes a bag of plastic bottle tops to matches with her so her family's bottles can be safely sealed in peace.
  • I could well believe that at Charlton Inspector.

East Stand i would guess.
  • Managers moaning to the 4th official about decisions.

What the hell do they expect him to do about it ??
  • West, I think.

One of my many pet hates was the fat child who sat in front of my old East Stand seat with his iPod headphones on all bloody game. And his mother, who dished out the fairy cakes at half time but never gave me one in six bloody years.
  • In semi-defence of the kid with the earphones - are you sure it was an i-pod? I usually have my earphones in listening to the commentary on the radio...
  • Don't defend the indefensible F-Blocker.

The Kid should be hung from the Jimmy Seed roof and have to dodge our wayward shots on a fortnightly basis.
  • Away fans in the East Stand Boxes.

I'm getting too old to abuse them.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was going to say the bloody premiership anthem, but i have no idea at all whether its been played this season or not !
  • Was played at Villa.

Yawn.
  • Oh yeah, the f**king anthem. They can't even get an orchestra in to do it PROPERLY, it sounds like the theme to some local news programme.
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]In semi-defence of the kid with the earphones - are you sure it was an i-pod? I usually have my earphones in listening to the commentary on the radio...

Definitely sure.

Oh, and every time I shouted, his little brother flinched as if I was about to hit him.
  • Large Addick when he keeps repeating himself.
  • clapping ourselves when we just sang a song.
  • referee's assistant

he's a sodding linesman
  • Applause for the opposing goalkeeper.

How very nice and polite. No wonder they always have a blinder !
  • Ball boys that don't retrieve the ball quick enough when we're losing and too quickly when we're winning
  • How could i forget the EASY chant.

Our fans singing 'your support is effing sh*t' when actually, its twice as good as ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having to wear a tie in the directors box

Standing up and making rude signs at the other team's directors being seen as out of order.

The free bar in the directors' lounge - not much of a selection.

The plates for the free food - too small.

Being too far down the pecking order for free tickets. Sometimes get them too late or have to sit three rows back

People saying that being Supporters' director has gone to my head
  • edited September 2006
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]clapping ourselves when we just sang a song.

Hell yeah !! After Valley Floyd Road everyone gives themselves a round of applause. I hate that. Grrrr...
  • The manager being younger than me.
  • I get annoyed by the bloke in my row who manages to stand on my foot everytime he goes to or from his seat.

The two guys behind me who always seem convinced that it's snowing. They seem to get confused if it's raining and the floodlights are on.

Finally the guy on the end of our row who is generally reasonable but has a really loud clap. I am not sure why I find it annoying but it does.

But the thing that gets me most is foul throws. You have players conducting basketball style chest passes and the ref ignores it.
  • Tartan Blankets, Flasks, Premiership Supporters, People that start moaning after one stray pass, The jumped up little turd who tried to start on Ollie at the Carlisle Game errr give me a minute & I'll think of some more.
  • edited September 2006
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]clapping ourselves when we just sang a song.

We seem to always self applause after valley floyd rd grrrrrrr

Edit: DA6 - have now just seen your post which is almost word for word to mine above. Are we long lost twin brothers?
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]
    But the thing that gets me most is foul throws. You have players conducting basketball style chest passes and the ref ignores it.

I thought it was just me that notices this! I'm not alone.

Good shout about the people who come to the Valley to grab a bite to eat and happen to see 20 minutes of each half in between snacks.
  • Us imitating the oppositiob support. For example: They sing "We are Chelsea" and five seconds behind we sing "We are Charlton" they sing "Hark now" and 5 seconds behind we sing "Hark now" and on it goes........................
  • Use of the C**T word by smashed 17 year olds to excess. I can swear with the best but that is one word that I for some reason find particularly foul and abusive
  • and unfortunately some smashed 47 year olds as well.

There's a guy behind me who reminds me of many a charecter played by Joe Pesci-