Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Really hope Jones doesnt fall into the trap of starting him... Him coming on late to nick a draw or a win will be key to us staying up
    I feel like I spent more of the game watching Jones than the football - because it was more entertaining - and at about 58 minutes we did something rubbish. The ball went out of play, Jones did one of his anger cartwheels, checked his watch and then looked for Chuks on the bench and shouted to him. I got the distinct feeling from that that he'd been made aware of how much it's safe to play Chuks and was counting down the seconds until he could bring him on without the physios resigning the next day. Though I also got the feeling that if it gets more desperate he'll be playing him when he can as a Hail Mary so who knows. 
    “Anger cartwheels” 🤣 Such an accurate description. 
  • Options
    He's a Leafs fan! Oh dear.
  • Options
    That's two of us then.

• Options
    Still unbeaten 
  • Options
    Looked sharp again yesterday and was even pressing a bit, definitely caused them some problems
  • Options
    We can’t stay up without the great disrupter that is Chucks. 
    Fingers crossed he stays fit. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I would love to have seen him up front with Tony Watt at his best. That would have been gloriously entertaining. 

The amount of bookings centre halves would have got playing against those 2 , the opposition would be down to 10 men within 10 mins. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Simonsen said:
    I would love to have seen him up front with Tony Watt at his best. That would have been gloriously entertaining. 

The amount of bookings centre halves would have got playing against those 2 , the opposition would be down to 10 men within 10 mins. 
    Yeah....good point. Every game would have been a ding-dong. Cheeky bid to Dundee Utd in the summer.....
  • Options
    We can’t stay up without the great disrupter that is Chucks. 
    Fingers crossed he stays fit. 
    If he stays fit is the key point. 

There was one point yesterday where he was pole-axed and went straight down. You always think in those circumstances is he injured again and out for a long period again?

Incidentally, it really wasn't nice to see one of the Bolton players standing over Chuks when he was on the floor and obviously saying something not that pleasant to Chuks. Surprised only Anderson got involved.

That said, let's hope Chuks made a careful note of who said it for future reference.

Sounds to me like he was already in their heads by that point. Poor sportsmanship to act like that when someone is on the floor. Another good impact by Chuks, I hope he gets a goal in the next game it is great to see him playing again.

• Options
    Just love the way he comes on and walks straight up to the weakest opposition centre back fully flexing and stares right at them as though he’s about to kill them. 

Exactly what a sub like him should be doing. Our recovery for me basically hinges on whether he can stay fit for long enough.
  • Options
    great player - bowyer knew what he was doing when he tried to pair him and taylor up top - a defenders nightmare but sadly his body has let him down over the last few years - be great if he can have some luck on that front from now on   
  • Options
    Please don't update this thread, I assumed it was another injury  :D
    Do we need two Chuks threads? One for when he's fit and one for when he's taken up residency of the physio's room? (Although I'd like to think - or is it hope and pray? - he's been evicted from there now.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's had a lot of stick because of his injuries, but what a player he has been for us when able to play.
    The season he was a supersub scoring at one of the best mins per goal in the league, and this season where we've not lost when he's played.

A true behemoth at this level. Unselfish too. I've got a real soft spot for him.
    Oh go on then, you’ve convinced me. Get him a new contract…

• Options
    With Chuks: P10 W4 D6 L0 18pts (1.80ppg) +10GD

Without Chuks: P25 W4 D7 L14 19pts (0.76ppg) -14GD
    I know causation/correlation etc but that is a pretty stark stat
  • Options
    I really feel for him at the moment. He's looking dangerous and effective when he comes on but you can feel the anxiety radiating off him at times. When he hit the woodwork against Derby he was absolutely furious with himself, so much so that Kanu spotted him and came over to gee him up a bit. He's clearly putting a lot of pressure on himself, I really hope he can get a couple of goals and we ease away from relegation a bit so he can let some of that go. From there if he can get to the end of the season without getting hurt again hopefully that will boost him. I don't like seeing one of our players so clearly under that level of stress.
    Yeah, for all the "getting paid to do nothing" bollocks spouted in certain quarters when he's injured, his general body language and attitude he's clearly not one of those players who is in it for the money. He wants to be playing and he wants to be scoring goals - we might get frustrated when he's out for extended periods but so does he.

Luckily Jones seems savvy and smart enough that when he's demanding pressing and constant energy from the players he makes it clear that 1. Not you, Chuks and 2. Because we need you to save your energy for when we really need it.
  • Options
    We need to get Will Abbott on Chuks full time. 
  • Options
    Any news on why he wasn't in the squad yesterday?
  • Options
    Cheers guys