Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Options
    34/2 and Bell goes...

Looks a tad unlucky - a great reactive catch by Katich.
  • Options
    Bye bye Colly.
  • Options
    there may be trouble ahead.
  • Options
    That was a big wicket - I was relying on Colly to hang around until stumps.
  • Options
    Mentally some of these England players are sooooo weak.
  • Options
    Stumps:

58-3

230 lead.
  • Options
    A great day for England.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]A great day for England.

Not a great final sesson perhaps but whereas last night it perhaps was in the balance I know whose position I'd rather be in now
  • Options
    Yesterday Australia won the day, but England's efforts today have swung the game around decisively, it'll take a staggering collapse and even then a great Australian batting performance on a prematurely aged track to win it from here, and if that comes about then Australia will have deserved to win the Test and retain the Ashes, but I can't see it happening.

Flintoff has one more Test innings to bat in and one more Test innings to bowl in. What odds would you get for him to take Australia's last wicket?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite] What odds would you get for him to take Australia's last wicket?

I dunno but if we win I don't think anyone will be taking bets on whether or not he gets pissed after, that's for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we can get a lead of 350-400 then hopefully....
  • Options
    They are almost back where they belong, a cracking day and great to see their batsmen skittled again.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]a prematurely aged track[/quote]
    This is the sort of result wicket that Test cricket needs, no more 5 day/CEO's strips? Get the money in by making the game exciting!
    Remaining on a high, England may have some awesome all-rounders coming through? Broad obviously, Rashid & then Joe Denly. With Strauss as captain the next few years could be sweet if only we could get a decent opening line-up
  • Options
    If we blow this I'm gonna hibernate and not come out of the house for a fortnight.....................or two weeks even!
  • Options
    The highest winning 4th innings Test score at The Oval was in 1902 and was in the 260's (I think Alec Stewart said).

As we're already 229 ahead he reckons we've already got enough. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    I think that anything above 300 would be nigh on impossible on that pitch, especially as it has got into the minds of the batsmen
  • Options
    JEEEEEEZUSSSSS.That first ball!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Great Umpiring tho........
  • Options
    93-3............

or...........

265-3.
  • Options
    102-3

(274 lead)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pitch doesnt seem as bad today.
    Maybe 350 would be gettable for the aussies
  • Options
    I think a lot of the pitch stuff has been overhyped. I think it was more a case of the pressure building a lot yesterday and us getting a few decisions our way. I think we need to look at a lead of 450 or so as there is so much cricket to play. We all know if Ponting settles hes capable of getting 150 or so and everyone else building the innings around them.
  • Options
    The pitch does look a bit easier today for some reason, but Australia haven't bowled that well on it today.
  • Options
    Ponting smacked in the face just before lunch.
  • Options
    Well batted Strauss, a shame to go just before lunch...

A lead of 329.
  • Options
    Well done Rodney Trott - 100 on debut
  • Options
    only 450-odd to get..............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Ponting smacked in the face just before lunch.

saw that in the Con Club - must've fcuking hurt like hell !!
  • Options
    That Trott fella is pony - according to someone on this thread.

Choked me up a bit when they cut to his parents in tears when he got his ton. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I watched all of Trott's two innings live at the Oval. I think it is the most impressive Test debut for England since D I Gower in 1978.
    As for the game, despite all the records being thrown around, I don't think a win for us is going to be plain sailing.