Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Done - Panutche Camará signs on a season-long loan from Ipswich Town.

Comments

• Options
    NO question for me that given the state of this season, he is absolutely worth keeping until the end to give him that opportunity to show us what he is capable of. He is such a wonderful talent and I really hope we get to see it and not have him injured all season. I remember Appleton being really impressed by what he'd seen of him in training.
  • Options
    I’m still livid with Holden’s horrendous player management, running him into the ground and injuring him!! 

He’d been out for a season!!! Played 20 vs Orient, 45 vs Newport (where Holden interviewed after and said he “pre planned to take him off at HT as he can only play 50 mins at best right now”). Four days later sticks him through 100 mins vs Peterborough and then 3 days after that starts him vs Bristol! We could all see him fade after 30, couldn’t make a pass but 65 mins later he’s still on the pitch and pulls up injured with replacements on the bench!!!!!!

I know we’re carrying injuries and we can’t keep doing it but at 26 and a free in the summer, i’d keep him until then. If he gets fit and stays fit he’s one of the best out there in this division. If he doesn’t, he’s gone in summer anyway. 
    So much talk about managing players but he completely messed up Camara's minutes I felt.
  • Options
    edited January 7
    Off_it said:
    I’m still livid with Holden’s horrendous player management, running him into the ground and injuring him!! 

He’d been out for a season!!! Played 20 vs Orient, 45 vs Newport (where Holden interviewed after and said he “pre planned to take him off at HT as he can only play 50 mins at best right now”). Four days later sticks him through 100 mins vs Peterborough and then 3 days after that starts him vs Bristol! We could all see him fade after 30, couldn’t make a pass but 65 mins later he’s still on the pitch and pulls up injured with replacements on the bench!!!!!!

I know we’re carrying injuries and we can’t keep doing it but at 26 and a free in the summer, i’d keep him until then. If he gets fit and stays fit he’s one of the best out there in this division. If he doesn’t, he’s gone in summer anyway. 
    Lol - really? At that rate we will have the highest quality treatment room in the division. 

Signing crocks in the hope they get fit, stay fit AND reproduce form from 2+ years ago is one of the reasons we're in the mess we're in as it is.
    But we didn’t sign him injured. Holden chronically mismanaged him and ran him into injury, we watched it happen in-front of our own eyes. He became crocked with us. 
    Even from the small part he’s played you can see he’s head and shoulders above anything we’ve got or had for the last few seasons. 
    If he comes back in late Jan / early Feb and we get a proper run from him to the end of the season, then I’d absolutely be looking to keep him. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Lol - really? At that rate we will have the highest quality treatment room in the division. 

Signing crocks in the hope they get fit, stay fit AND reproduce form from 2+ years ago is one of the reasons we're in the mess we're in as it is.
    But we didn’t sign him injured. Holden chronically mismanaged him and ran him into injury, we watched it happen in-front of our own eyes. He became crocked with us. 
    Even from the small part he’s played you can see he’s head and shoulders above anything we’ve got or had for the last few seasons. 
    If he comes back in late Jan / early Feb and we get a proper run from him to the end of the season, then I’d absolutely be looking to keep him. 
    But he’d been out injured at the back end of last season for a long while, he didn’t have a full pre season and we signed him late. Same with Taylor. Now we will probably rinse and repeat with Fiorini. Will we ever learn.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

But he’d been out injured at the back end of last season for a long while, he didn’t have a full pre season and we signed him late. Same with Taylor. Now we will probably rinse and repeat with Fiorini. Will we ever learn.
    Agree! Signing him late was exactly why he needed to be managed better. That injury was avoidable. 

• Options
    Off_it said:

Agree! Signing him late was exactly why he needed to be managed better. That injury was avoidable. 

Or we stop signing players who haven’t recovered fully from injury or are not yet fit to start. Camera, Taylor, McGrandles all same outcome. Probably played less than 20 games between them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've been over this many times, but his injury record for Plymouth before last season was excellent. He is a very good player at this level, so even if you have to ease him in a bit, a season is 46 matches not four. If managed correctly and if he'd stayed fit he is one of the better midfielders in this division and would have made a difference to this side.

Also, in League One, you usually are taking a risk in a signing in some way. With Camara, Jones, and Taylor (who still has 2.5 years with us I believe) it's coming off the back of an injury. With others it's a question of quality or cost. There are very few perfect signings in this division, you just have to win more than you lose and we don't have a good record with that, especially when we pay for players. 
  • Options
    Thought he looked good when he came on yesterday and seemed to be the first (only?) player to go an apologise to the fans. Also posted on Twitter about not giving up. If he can stay fit he could be real asset. Would love it if we could keep him next year but that seems pie in the sky at the moment
  • Options
    Had he stayed fit he would have been our best and most consistent performer this season, would be my guess.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    fenaddick said:
    Thought he looked good when he came on yesterday and seemed to be the first (only?) player to go an apologise to the fans. Also posted on Twitter about not giving up. If he can stay fit he could be real asset. Would love it if we could keep him next year but that seems pie in the sky at the moment
    It's an interesting paradox because, as I saw it, he's about the only one with nothing to apologise for.
    Think he just must be a good bloke 
  • Options
    edited February 11
    His ability to drive forward with the ball is something we need as it’s not coming from the wing backs or anyone else in the team.

CBT going is not looking such a good thing anymore is it?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    His ability to drive forward with the ball is something we need as it’s not coming from the wing backs or anyone else in the team.

CBT going is not looking such a good thing anymore is it?
    It never was 😩
  • Options

Reckon he's fallen out of favour rather than injured. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd completely forgotten about him  :D
  • Options
    It's pretty plain he has no future here ,same as Watson ....has probably got to know chuks and the physio well. 
  • Options
    edited April 3
    Blimey we have had some chaff waft through this place... Leaving so many memories!
  • Options
    edited April 3
    Loving the comments that he isn't injury prone. Just like people used to say about Chuks.
  • Options
    Had he stayed fit he would have been our best and most consistent performer this season, would be my guess.
    Lol. You could say the same thing about Aneke, "had he stayed fit".
  • Options
    Strange one. I think he’s suffered from not playing enough games to get both match fit and back to his potential which is I believe higher than what we have seen. 
  • Options
    Camara has basically lost two entire seasons through injury and there must now be a real doubt as to whether he can get back close to the level he was. I believe he had a two-year deal with Ipswich, so he’ll be looking for gainful employment this summer and it won’t be with us, given his injury record.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Camara has basically lost two entire seasons through injury and there must now be a real doubt as to whether he can get back close to the level he was. I believe he had a two-year deal with Ipswich, so he’ll be looking for gainful employment this summer and it won’t be with us, given his injury record.
    Sounds like a Charlton signing if ever I’ve heard one!
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    You hope.