Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 23
    Just asked ChatGPT who our next manager should be:

"User
    Who should be the next Charlton Athletic manager?

ChatGPT
    As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, I don't have information on the current manager of Charlton Athletic or any recent changes. Additionally, I do not have real-time data or updates on specific individuals who could be the next manager.

To find the latest information on the Charlton Athletic manager position, I recommend checking recent sports news, the official Charlton Athletic website, or reliable sports news outlets. They often provide the most up-to-date information on managerial changes and potential candidates."

Including 1 caretaker, we've had 6 managers since Jan22.     

ChatGPT needs to shag Wiki.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Next appointment is boom or bust, it can’t continue like this. 

Adkins: 7 months.
    Jackson: 6 months.
    Garner: 6 months.
    Holden: 8 months.
    Appleton: 4 months.

In the ten years since Chris Powell left, we’ve had 13 managers (15 if you count Damien Matthew and Kevin Nugent, but they were both interim managers)
    Karl Robinson and Lee Bowyer account for 4 and a half of those years.
    So in the remaining 5 and a half years - 11 managers.

Pretty incredible really.
  • Options
    Appleton's just stormed past me outside the ground, looks like he's heading for Makro's car park 

If he's as good at fighting as he is at managing a ten year old girl would knock him out.
    This one?

• Options
    No idea of his personal financial situation. But, revelling in anybody losing their job seems wrong. But, it was obvious early days it wasn’t going in the direction we wanted.  Iv no idea who who bring in, but let’s just hope our club stalwarts Pearce/Euell can with pure enthusiasm turn this round over the next couple of games. In old hero’s we trust……
  • Options
    Thank heavens. 
    What a mistake he was. 
    Curbs and Brownie dream team anyone ?
  • Options
    No idea of his personal financial situation. But, revelling in anybody losing their job seems wrong. But, it was obvious early days it wasn’t going in the direction we wanted.  Iv no idea who who bring in, but let’s just hope our club stalwarts Pearce/Euell can with pure enthusiasm turn this round over the next couple of games. In old hero’s we trust……
    If it makes you feel any better he’ll be getting a substantial portion, if not all, of his remaining contract paid up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 23
    Blackpool fans are outraged, as they've been practicing all their songs for Saturday.
    Me too, I’m gutted 😈 …….on second thoughts, get in there 😆
  • Options
    Thank heavens. 
    What a mistake he was. 

• Options
    Presumably he knew before the game started he was gone. 

What we don’t know is whether there was any indication  that said if you win we give you another chance. 

I guess he was effectively  sacked At the weekend (as in the decision was made but not necessarily conveyed to him) and we only used him tonight pending the new guy coming in. 

If we don’t have a new name tomorrow then I struggle more to understand the logic of the timing of the announcement. 
  • Options
    Blackpool fans are outraged, as they've been practicing all their songs for Saturday.
    "Are you Watford in disguise?"
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Gribbo said:
    Players obviously fully aware of his impending sackment at the final whistle and gave it a couple of minutes before going down the tunnel lol. Think they sent Campbell down first to test the water 
    But he got halfway down, then checked back and passed the responsibility to someone else.

Brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank heavens. 
    What a mistake he was. 
    Well Curbs didn’t say yes but he didn’t say no when Minto asked. Brown said absolutely not, but he wasn’t asked if he would do it with Curbishley. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    IIanJRO said:
    It's time for the second coming
    Trouble is there pride wouldn’t even consider asking or consulting him.
  • Options
    IIanJRO said:
    It's time for the second coming
    Trouble is there pride wouldn’t even consider asking or consulting him.
    Isint this the same lot who did ask Chris Powell if he would work alongside Holden?
  • Options
    BartramBlitz said:
    I think the only manager, who can heal the chasm that has opened up between the fans and the club is Lee Bowyer. He would have everyone behind him from his first game, which is what we need for the oncoming February fixtures and relegation battle.
    You’ve spelled Chris Powell wrong. 
  • Options
    I think the only manager, who can heal the chasm that has opened up between the fans and the club is Lee Bowyer. He would have everyone behind him from his first game, which is what we need for the oncoming February fixtures and relegation battle.
    Chris Powell?
    Curbs?