Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    3 1 after a penalty. Half an hour of pressure with no end product, then we started to make it count. 
  • Options
    1-3 now.
    Two from Johnson & a pen from Godfrey!
  • Options
    In the next round.
    Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    At least one Charlton team can win away. Maybe they can teach the lads a thing or two. Well done girls. Someone is restoring pride at our club. 
  • Options
    Into round 5 now, which I believe is the last 16.

If you count Croydon's history, we've won it 3 times and were runners up 4 times already, however in it's current guise we haven't reached the same lofty heights
  • Options
    Good to see a Charlton team achieve something in a cup competition.
  • Options
    Really good performance. Not living far from Felixstowe, I went and watched with my daughter, her first ever game (she's only 3) she really enjoyed it. At least 20-30 obvious other Charlton in attendance.

First goal was poor defensively, and nearly gave away a second not long after that. Otherwise they barely threatened and we always looked likely. Godfrey (Freya) and Johnson in particular were causing them real headaches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when is the draw for the next round?
  • Options
    when is the draw for the next round?
    7:30pm on Radio 5 Live, tomorrow - Monday 15th Jan, apparently 
  • Options
    https://www.thefa.com/news/2024/jan/12/adobe-womens-fa-cup-fifth-round-proper-draw-details-20241201

Ahead of the draw, you can see the ball numbers (and league/tier) below.

1 Leicester City (1)
    2 Southampton FC Women (2)
    3 Birmingham City (2)
    4 London City Lionesses (2)
    5 Tottenham Hotspur (1)
    6 Chelsea (1)
    7 Crystal Palace (2)
    8 Wolverhampton Wanderers (3)
    9 Arsenal (1)
    10 Brighton & Hove Albion (1)
    11 Nottingham Forest (3)
    12 Charlton Athletic (2)
    13 Liverpool (1)
    14 Manchester City (1)
    15 Manchester United (1)
    16 Everton (1)

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Hannah Godfrey and Lois Roche have not had their contracts renewed and are leaving the club.
    Both have joined Lewes, so we may be seeing them in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Spurs away in the cup 
  • Options
    Great draw!
  • Options
    if that is at tottenhams ground i am going. if not. so it
  • Options
    The Spurs game will be at Leyton Orient. The only game they've moved to the Spurs stadium this season was the Arsenal match.
  • Options
    The Spurs game will be at Leyton Orient. The only game they've moved to the Spurs stadium this season was the Arsenal match.
    Thanks for the heads up Swindon. Strangely enough I had a look before you had posted. I was mainly going to see the new Stadium. Thinking logic, they play a lot of games on Sky so the 1st team takes priority. 
  • Options
    A lot of Spurs' WSL games seem to be segregated, with the away club handling ticket sales like a mens' game. That's not something that ever happens in the Championship. So not clear yet whether tickets should be bought from Spurs or from us. Also no news on prices yet of course, but they only charge £10 for the WSL so I assume it'll be reasonably priced. I wouldn't have thought we'll be the TV game, but it's possible that we might get moved to the Saturday 

21 Jan: Blackburn Rovers, HOME. noon. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    24 Jan: Brighton & Hove Albion, HOME. 7pm. At The Oakwood. £6 adult, £2 over-65 & under-21, £1 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    28 Jan: Crystal Palace, away. 2pm. At The VBS Community Stadium, Sutton United FC. £13 adult, £2 under-16. Parking available for £3 in advance. Tickets from here.
    4 Feb: Lewes, HOME. 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 & under-21, £3 under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day. Tickets from here.
    10 or 11 Feb: Tottenham Hotspur, away. Time TBC. FA Cup round 5. At Brisbane Road, Leyton Orient FC. Prices TBC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'll put arsenal Vs city on TV surely
  • Options
    See you on the 21st! 🤗♥️
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    They'll put arsenal Vs city on TV surely
    Some games will be live on FA Player.
  • Options
    Are Season Ticket holders (mens) still able to get a freebie? Checkout says no ?
  • Options
    Are Season Ticket holders (mens) still able to get a freebie? Checkout says no ?
    There was a limit on the number of free tickets per person this season.
  • Options
    edited January 21
    Winning 1-0, Roe, against Blackburn 
  • Options
    Charlton missed penalty in 6th minute 
  • Options
    Because only one team can get promoted and the compressed nature of the league we need to win this game. And the next etc...
  • Options
    2-1, 63 minutes