Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth Going Into Administration?

edited August 2009 in Rumours
There is a rumour going round that Pompey will be going into Administration in the next 48 hours.

Comments

• Wouldn't surprise me if they did get relegated this season. Admin or not
  • That would be no suprise as the 'takeover' seems to have fallen through
  • No 10 point deduction rule in the Prem.

I guess they never thought it would happen to a Prem club.
  • Oi........get on with yer 'oliday !
    ;-)
  • Good. I know it's trendy for football fans nowadays to all hand wring about the bad times suffered by others, but I just couldn't care less if these teams that have taken implausible amounts of coin from foreign millionaires - and Pompey have done it twice.

They always get bored or skint, eventually. To be fair I'll enjoy City, Chelsea, Notts Co., Hearts and Fulham's comeuppance more, but Pompey will do for now.

Ha ha.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No 10 point deduction rule in the Prem.

They probably thought, "we'd never actually have the balls to enforce our own rules, so what's the point?"
  • edited August 2009
    True, it's not as if they wouldn't cave in if Pompey threatened to sue ala West Ham.
  • for me the biggest fall from grace in recent decades has to be leeds followed by wednesday. oh how my heart bleeds for their fans seeing as i live in sheffield. staying out of the prem is as good as administration coz therse no money despite a large fan base. be interesting to see what happens in the north east this year too...cant wait.
  • It's a shame clubs like Pompey and WHam were kept up with pretty much fraudulent money from Iceland and Russia when we were trying to compete. But of course the bigger tragedy is the wealth destruction to the average Russian/Icelandic, or in Russians case mineral wealth being hoiked to dodgy derivatives whilst the average worker get's sodded about.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]There is a rumour going round that Pompey will be going into Administration in the next 48 hours.
    There's nothing about it in the Daily Mail....
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Good. I know it's trendy for football fans nowadays to all hand wring about the bad times suffered by others, but I just couldn't care less if these teams that have taken implausible amounts of coin from foreign millionaires - and Pompey have done it twice.

[/quote]

And while others spent fortunes repairing and modernising their grounds Pompey did not spend a bean.
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Good. I know it's trendy for football fans nowadays to all hand wring about the bad times suffered by others, but I just couldn't care less if these teams that have taken implausible amounts of coin from foreign millionaires - and Pompey have done it twice.

And while others spent fortunes repairing and modernising their grounds Pompey did not spend a bean.
    Why would someone who's in it for a short term giggle have any interest in doing up the ground? Much more fun to hurl cash at the likes of Benjani, Campbell and 'Arry.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No 10 point deduction rule in the Prem.

I guess they never thought it would happen to a Prem club.[/quote]

I beleive it is a 9 point deduction in the Premiership - Less games.
  • Peter Storrie to take over.

Watch this space!
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No 10 point deduction rule in the Prem.

I beleive it is a 9 point deduction in the Premiership - Less games.

You Hope ?
    ;-)
  • Can't see it myself, given the massive inflow of cash from transfers and the PL dosh that has just been distributed.

I believe there has been a hitch with their takeover as one of the current loan funders has refused to allow the buyer to take over the loan so they need to organise new funding.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No 10 point deduction rule in the Prem.

I guess they never thought it would happen to a Prem club.[/quote]

I beleive it is a 9 point deduction in the Premiership - Less games.[/quote]

You Hope ?
    ;-)[/quote]

You'd think that wouldn't you. But nope, I don't hope. I would feel pretty sorry for them tbh - as I would with any club. It is a horrible time for the fans as they're not 100% sure if they will have a club to support.

Most of my skate mates were very silent when we went into administration and there was a fair bit of banter but they never took the piss - mainly because they would have to be rivals with Bournemouth if we went out of business. :)

Only way I can see Pompey going into administration is IF they get relegated from the Premiership.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Can't see it myself, given the massive inflow of cash from transfers and the PL dosh that has just been distributed.

I believe there has been a hitch with their takeover as one of the current loan funders has refused to allow the buyer to take over the loan so they need to organise new funding.

The arab doesn't have the dough he says he has
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]

That is evident if he's trying to secure funding. I still can't see Pompey going into administration unless they nose dive out of the Prem given the financial "muscle" of a 1 billion combined revenue available to Prem Clubs. I should think there will be others clamouring to buy Pompey if that deal falls through, or alternative sources of funding their debt.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Peter Storrie to take over.

Watch this space!

Breaking on SSN
  • Sponsored links:

• I was listening to a journalist on talksport the other morning.Can't remember who.He said that the Pompey supporters should be demanding to know why the takeover has not gone through at this critical part of the season.Said they are being too soft.
    We are soft.
  • mate who plays for my sunday side had £200 on them at 9/2 to go down before the start of the season....
  • Paul Hart got to be bookies favourite for the chop.It was always going to be a struggle after selling their best players.
  • [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Paul Hart got to be bookies favourite for the chop.It was always going to be a struggle after selling their best players.

So what would the point be in sacking the manager? And who would they replace him with/who would take a hospital pass of a job like that? Not long ago he saved them from relegation and the best he could do (or any replacement) is get to the January window in some kind of half-decent position and pick up a few players. Success for Portsmouth will be finishing fourth from bottom.
  • I don't dissagree with that at all , but I do think it will happen.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Paul Hart got to be bookies favourite for the chop.It was always going to be a struggle after selling their best players.

So what would the point be in sacking the manager? And who would they replace him with/who would take a hospital pass of a job like that? Not long ago he saved them from relegation and the best he could do (or any replacement) is get to the January window in some kind of half-decent position and pick up a few players. Success for Portsmouth will be finishing fourth from bottom.

I'll give him 1 more home defeat and that will be the end of Paul Hart. Its the way of things in football, sack the manager early, get another one in and still go down.
    There is never a shortage of managers wanting a shot a the big time. Not sure who would take the job but there will always be someone.
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Paul Hart got to be bookies favourite for the chop.It was always going to be a struggle after selling their best players.

I'll give him 1 more home defeat and that will be the end of Paul Hart. Its the way of things in football, sack the manager early, get another one in and still go down.
    There is never a shortage of managers wanting a shot a the big time. Not sure who would take the job but there will always be someone.

Curbs?
  • no lose situation really for whoever went there (if he gets sacked soon)....Curbs could easily keep them up.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]no lose situation really for whoever went there (if he gets sacked soon)....Curbs could easily keep them up.

Curbs needs to get back in the game and Pompey would suit him down to the ground. Maybe they are waiting fort nhe West ham thing to be sorted then they will make the change.

Having said that can he be part of a consortium buying us and manage Pompey?
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Can't see it myself, given the massive inflow of cash from transfers and the PL dosh that has just been distributed.

^