Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott Appointed Technical Director

Comments

• Options
    Decent interview. Nice photo of him on the touchline, with Kinsella and Tim Breacker. I'd completely forgotten that Breacker was with us under Parkinson.
  • Options
    If only there was some way for fans to hear from him direct and ask him questions.
    Bromley Addicks on 7th December.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    If only there was some way for fans to hear from him direct and ask him questions.
    Thanks but is it members only and do I have to pay?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Voluntary donation of £73 for members and £98 for non-members
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Voluntary donation of £73 for members and £98 for non-members

Bargain 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    All welcome. Voluntary donations.
  • Options
    Were we looking to recruit a performance director recently. Any update on this or have I missed an announcement?
  • Options
    Were we looking to recruit a performance director recently. Any update on this or have I missed an announcement?
    Nothing announced which is slightly concerning.

It maybe that the person chosen is in a job and working their notice but who knows.
  • Options
    Nothing announced which is slightly concerning.

It maybe that the person chosen is in a job and working their notice but who knows.
    that might be so but it is not a reason not to announce it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s been writing a critique of yesterdays performance against cray valley but completing the recommendations section means he’s had to cancel all other commitments this week and left him with a migraine 
  • Options
    You can question Andy, and Jim Rodwell, direct at the niche group, Bromley Addicks, on Thursday 7 December.

7.30pm start, free entry but bring cash for the raffle. 
  • Options
    Our best signing by 10 country miles was at the insistance of Holden wasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our best signing by 10 country miles was at the insistance of Holden wasn't it?
    Not fancied by Scott apparently - Leaburns injury pre season forced their hand. 
  • Options
    Maybe they should ask Appleton who he wants?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I genuinely believe Scott and think they’ll get us promoted within the next 2 and a bit seasons.
    The only motivation for Scott seems to be as every day passes and he is still here he gets paid
    Well, he needs to prove doubters wrong and accept that he hasn't done anything to convince us.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I genuinely believe Scott and think they’ll get us promoted within the next 2 and a bit seasons.
    The only motivation for Scott seems to be as every day passes and he is still here he gets paid

Why do you get that impression?

He has a long history in football, as a player, manager and director. He's not a Southall. I think he genuinely wants to do a good job - not every transfer has been a hit, but it sounds like he's getting good people in place to do the jobs they're good at. The new director of performance is the most recent and obvious example of that.

I said in today's match thread that this club has been so poorly managed and mistreated for nearly a decade. If we want proper progression to becoming an established Championship club again (rather than what we got in 2019 which was a promotion and immediate relegation back) then it's going to take building us back up from near enough zero.

The owners, the directors and to an extent the manager need to be given time to put their stamp on the squad and the club. It's hard going right now but I'm hopefully that it will start to pay off soon.
    Here’s hoping but his first 2 windows have been uninspiring. January is big for him. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    2 of the Scott signings were Tedic and Abankwah, says a lot.
    We had a better deadline day under ESI
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    shirty5 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Why do you get that impression?

He has a long history in football, as a player, manager and director. He's not a Southall. I think he genuinely wants to do a good job - not every transfer has been a hit, but it sounds like he's getting good people in place to do the jobs they're good at. The new director of performance is the most recent and obvious example of that.

I said in today's match thread that this club has been so poorly managed and mistreated for nearly a decade. If we want proper progression to becoming an established Championship club again (rather than what we got in 2019 which was a promotion and immediate relegation back) then it's going to take building us back up from near enough zero.

The owners, the directors and to an extent the manager need to be given time to put their stamp on the squad and the club. It's hard going right now but I'm hopefully that it will start to pay off soon.
    Here’s hoping but his first 2 windows have been uninspiring. January is big for him. 

I don't disagree, they could've been better. I liked what he had to say about recruitment in the latest interview with regards to bringing in people with expertise in that area, hopefully better than he has managed to do by himself thus far.