Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle (a) 25/011/23

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    clive said:
    • Allocation: 1,058

• Sold: 617

• On sale until: 4pm on Thursday, November 23rd

Can’t believe we sold a further 74 in 24hrs. Looking like a cracking turnout tbh 
    Thought it would be a good turnout. If all goes well should be back in London for 9:40ish which isn’t that much later by train than the likes of Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Bolton etc. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Can’t believe we sold a further 74 in 24hrs. Looking like a cracking turnout tbh 
    Thought it would be a good turnout. If all goes well should be back in London for 9:40ish which isn’t that much later by train than the likes of Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Bolton etc. 
    Easy by train, an absolute haul if you go by coach.
  • Options
    clive said:

Get yourself up there boss
  • Options
    Going up Friday afternoon and back Sunday morning (Avanti West Coast permitting...).  Looking like a good percentage of allocation will end up being sold
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Going up Friday afternoon and back Sunday morning (Avanti West Coast permitting...).  Looking like a good percentage of allocation will end up being sold

I'm only going up to see us clinch promotion like we usually do up there.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Is there a chance of this getting cancelled? Just looking to book train tickets is all

Edit: the trains
  • Options
    Believe they have to give 14 days notice of any train strikes so tomorrow would be the last day to give notice.
  • Options
    follett said:
    Believe they have to give 14 days notice of any train strikes so tomorrow would be the last day to give notice.
    Today, is the day they have to give notice.
  • Options
    No rail strikes have been called for this day, but the fares are now very expensive for those that have delayed booking.

• Sold: 622

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    No rail strikes have been called for this day, but the fares are now very expensive for those that have delayed booking.

• Sold: 622

Cheapest I can find, which I'm about to book now is 90 quid return 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Always worth checking split ticketing.com to see if any cheaper routes. 
  • Options
    Always worth checking split ticketing.com to see if any cheaper routes. 
    Yeah this was on a split ticket, saved 60 odd quid allegedly, this worked out cheaper than it would have been to drive so happy days. Cheers for the idea though 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    A group of us are flying up to this, its just over an hour on the train from Glasgow, early start but we should be in Carlisle before midday and back in London before 10, looking forward to it.
    You can get the beers in mate 
  • Options
    Have I got this wrong.
    We booked our train tickets ages ago, if there was a train strike we would of just got a refund on train tickets.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Have I got this wrong.
    We booked our train tickets ages ago, if there was a train strike we would of just got a refund on train tickets.

Agreed. It’s the match ticket that I’ve held off on getting until I know there’s no strikes. Wouldn’t get a refund on that if my train didn’t run!
  • Options
    matt88 said:
    clb74 said:
    Have I got this wrong.

Agreed. It’s the match ticket that I’ve held off on getting until I know there’s no strikes. Wouldn’t get a refund on that if my train didn’t run!
    You would have 2 weeks to send the ticket back though
  • Options
    What gets messy is if you don't go up and back on the same day.

For example I'm making a long weekend of it, going up on Friday and back on Sunday, and it would have been really awkward if there had been a strike on one of those days!
  • Options

For example I'm making a long weekend of it, going up on Friday and back on Sunday, and it would have been really awkward if there had been a strike on one of those days!
    Nice part of the country, would still have made for a good weekend.
  • Options

They still refund if bought as a return (trainline, anyway)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They still refund if bought as a return (trainline, anyway)
    I bought mine as singles. With separate rail companies, as I'm going up via Leeds and the Settle and Carlisle.

#propercharlton
    #choochoo
  • Options
    Loved this game when i lived in Scotland. 125 miles and a lovely 3 hour drive through the borders.
  • Options
    Been 3 times & 3 promotions! 
  • Options
    Been 3 times & 3 promotions! 
    I'm looking forward to seeing us get the 80 points needed on Saturday to clinch promotion there again
  • Options
    Just seen the coaches are sold out
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Setting off tomorrow.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    How many coaches are going ?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    How many coaches are going ?

The club are running a waiting list for the Valley Away coach service to Carlisle United on Saturday, November 25th (KO 3pm GMT).

All places on the coach have now sold out for the upcoming trip to Brunton Park and, providing there is sufficient demand, the club hope to put on additional service.

Fans wishing to be added to the waiting list should email tickets@cafc.co.uk.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/valley-away-waiting-list-carlisle-trip

​​