Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK & Applescore: PORTSMOUTH 2-2 CHARLTON

thanks to the 49 Lifers who gave marks
Applescore: 7.03

Comments

• Options
    So odd... We conceded two goals, but four of our back five, are in the top five of the Statbank - Rightly so too.
  • Options
    also interesting that our two "wingers" are the bottom 2
  • Options
    CBT deserves to be bottom, he has a shocker by his standards. Probably has his Jan move to Derby all sorted. 
  • Options
    Strange sight, seeing McGrandles, the goal scorer of our equaliser regarded as N/A and getting naff all...
    I know he only played 18 minutes and all that but...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Absolutely spot on. All round good team performance with some weakness, but not in the traditional area. Promising going forward to put in this performance in a tough game 
  • Options
    May - 5 shots, 3 on target
    Miles - 1 shot, 0 on target

Interesting that we now have 5 players on 4 yellows, with 3 games until the 19 game cutoff. Dobbo and May have been on the tightrope for an eternity, but Jones and Hector have now joined them.
  • Options
    Great stats as always, but Walker didn't get a clean sheet against our noisy neighbours.
  • Options
    Great stats as always, but Walker didn't get a clean sheet against our noisy neighbours.
    quite right, I'll amend after Wednesday - thanks
  • Options
    Louie Watson very consistent, lowest rating this season is 6.10 for him. 
  • Options
    The League Form Table: 8 pts from the last 6 games (us & Cheltenham) = 1.33 ppg

Also it's a results table of the LAST 6 games, and it shows the NEXT 5 opponents.

Minor quibble, as I love the stats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    danny777 said:

Also it's a results table of the LAST 6 games, and it shows the NEXT 5 opponents.

agree with my poor maths but can't see what's wrong with the NEXT 5 opponents, this is the way I have done it for the past 10ish years and will continue
  • Options
    danny777 said:

agree with my poor maths but can't see what's wrong with the NEXT 5 opponents, this is the way I have done it for the past 10ish years and will continue
    Sort of agree with both of you, I think the confusion is "next 6 game" singular
    Far be it from me Lancs to rock the boat, but why not "last 6 games comparison with next 5"
    Anyway, just tell me to go away...been fine for the last 10 years...🙄
  • Options
    I don't remember Alfie scoring in the cup? Admittedly I have avoided watching the EFL Trophy games.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Fraser has a cup goal (CVPM) but not on the goals chart.

Love the stats by the way, Lancs, even though (to quote Disraeli) "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics". Another good quote (but not sure who said it) is that "Politicians use statistics rather like a drunk uses a lamp-post: For support rather than illumination." Having done some statistics as part of my Maths degree, I have always liked those two quotes.

You do a great job, so please keep up the excellent work which I am sure is appreciated by one and all!
  • Options
    I don't remember Alfie scoring in the cup? Admittedly I have avoided watching the EFL Trophy games.
    He hasn’t. All in the league 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    He hasn’t. All in the league 
    agreed , 12 goals, will amend after Wednesday's match
  • Options
    Louie Watson very consistent, lowest rating this season is 6.10 for him. 

We need to see Louie Watson continue to get fitter and being consistent over 90+ minutes as the onus is always on Dobson to play every minute of every game and then obviously he makes the odd bad pass.

Louie Watson is doing well which was paramount as both Taylor and Camará have made no impact because of injuries.