Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK & Applescore: WIGAN 2-3 CHARLTON

thanks to the 47 Lifers who gave marks
Applescore: 6.92

Comments

• Options
    May was good and his second goal was lovely, but his overall performance was absolutely not the best by a Charlton player this season imo! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    May was good and his second goal was lovely, but his overall performance was absolutely not the best by a Charlton player this season imo! 
    what was?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Can’t believe we threw the game away and drew 2-2. Must do better next time.

On a serious note, thanks for continuing to do these LL. They are always interesting reading.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

On a serious note, thanks for continuing to do these LL. They are always interesting reading.
    thanks
  • Options

?????
    Thread title: 

STATBANK & Applescore: WIGAN 2-2 CHARLTON

• Options

?????
    Thread title: 

STATBANK & Applescore: WIGAN 2-2 CHARLTON

yes got there in the end and edit made
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Aw gutted I missed this. For whatever it's worth:

AMB: 6.5 Not a lot to do, nothing he could do for the goals, held two shots from distance well, distribution was good.

Asiimwe: 5 Nothing came off for him going forward and he gets caught out of position when defending, including for their opener. 

Hector: 8.5 Really good first 70 minutes. I feel like he gets caught a little flat footed for their second, but all around an excellent game. 

Jone 7.5 I think he could have closed down a little better for the opener but other than that very solid. 

10A Watson: 7 Looked good going forward and defending

Dobbo 8 - After a couple of sloppy giveaways he was excellent. I think he tired toward the end like so many others.

LWatson: 8 - He won a lot of second balls and does really well to find space. Sometimes a little too unselfish but he's turning into a great signing.

TC: 8 He was an absolute nuissance for them and he also pressed and got back well. Ran past Asiimwe going forward once or twice, and then did the same coming back. He was an absolute thorn in their side even if he wasn't on the scoresheet. Won the corner for the opener.

Camara N/A

May 9 - Would have been a 10 had he not tired toward the end but who can blame him? His workrate is fantastic, he's much better on the ball than I expected, and he got two excellent, very different goals. What a signing.

Leaburn - 7 Tidy if unspectacular apart from a lovely assist for the goal. Got crowded out on two or three occasions but he was able to find space and that's a good sign. This is not his most memorable game, but I do think it shows maturity. 

CBT - 8 - His workrate is better. His decision making is better. His crossing is better. And his finishing is better. The turn and finish for the goal was excellent, and he generally covered a lot of ground and pressed well. This wasn't his best game, but he still managed to pop up with a goal. Our most improved player by far.

Fraser 5 - Horrible decision to close down for the first when Hector had him stood up. Before that he put himself about and was tidy on the ball, I think he was just trying too hard.

TT 6 - Did fine.

Appleton: 7.5 - The first 80 minutes were our best in years. The last 10 was, I feel, more down to tiring legs than the subs. I think he should have brought May off even if he was on a hat trick. But if he can't give Tedic and Kirk 15 minutes when we're 3-0 up, then when can he? I don't even think he meant for us to go 4-4-2, I think May was just knackered and couldn't cover the ground anymore. 
  • Options
    As soon as we let the opposition have most possession, we won again 🤣
  • Options
    really thought T.Watson had a good game especially how poorly Thomas has played in that position and the fact I have barely seen him play before. still 6.80 is a decent score. 

could of gone to either May or Dobson for man of the match. 
  • Options
    @lancashire lad I'm not saying you're wrong, but has Tedic really got 4 yellows? How did that happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    @lancashire lad I'm not saying you're wrong, but has Tedic really got 4 yellows? How did that happen?
    not wrong, he received them against Stevenage, Shrewsbury, Exeter, Blackpool, as to how it happened I refer you to the cafc match reports :smile: