Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Players coming off for FOG!!!
  • Options
    168-3 off 30
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    An hilarious run out involving Kohli sees Yadav on his way back to the dressing room. No Pandya so Jadeja is now in and then it's the tail so much reliance on Kohli to take them home

191-5 off 34
  • Options
    Kohli needs 8 for his hundred with 9 required for India to win. We've been here before.
  • Options
    Boult bowls a wide!

• Options
    Single to Kohli and then, for some reason, Jadeja blocks the last bowl of the over. Can't think why. 
  • Options
    Kohli turns down a single. And is then caught trying to hit a maximum! Out for 95 (104)
  • Options
    India win by 4 wickets with 12 balls to spare.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Brydon Carse approved to replace Topley.
  • Options
    Pakistan won the toss and are batting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw this …………..The Cricketer understands that the ICC plans to stage meetings in November to discuss the future of 50-over cricket, with several members concerned about falling spectator numbers both at the grounds and on television. 
  • Options
    Afghanistan have picked four spinners - Mujeeb. Noor, Nabi and Rashid - and they appear to have read the wicket perfectly as it has been incredibly hard for Pakistan to impose themselves.

120-3 off 25 
  • Options
    Najeeb went for a few in the first PP but Noor, Nabi and Rashid have so far produced figures of 14-0-42-2
  • Options
    Saw this …………..The Cricketer understands that the ICC plans to stage meetings in November to discuss the future of 50-over cricket, with several members concerned about falling spectator numbers both at the grounds and on television. 
    ECB and BCCI driven no doubt as it would suit both to see the demise of 50 over cricket. Even with second teams turning out in the Metro Bank the crowds were good. Equally, do clubs then follow suit because, otherwise, they will be playing a format that the professional game doesn't. 
  • Options
    Nabi currently has the ridiculous figures of 7-0-15-0
  • Options
    145-3 off 31
  • Options
    Nabi currently has the ridiculous figures of 7-0-15-0
    And the very next ball he concedes his first boundary. My gift keeps delivering!
  • Options
    Nabi finishes with 10-0-31-1

191-4 off 40. Mujeeb (2), Rashid (3) and Noor (1) could, in theory bowl 6 of the final 10 overs. Babar has been remarkably circumspect (61 off 83) but will have to open his shoulders soon enough 
  • Options
    Nabi finishes with 10-0-31-1

191-4 off 40. Mujeeb (2), Rashid (3) and Noor (1) could, in theory bowl 6 of the final 10 overs. Babar has been remarkably circumspect (61 off 83) but will have to open his shoulders soon enough 
    Goes 6, 2, 1 and out

206-5 off 41.5

• Options
    When the England coach knew that we were ill prepared for a World Cup, one really has to question what the ECB have been playing at:

Mott also admitted his frustrations that England play so little ODI cricket: they played 42 ODIs between the 2019-23 World Cups, compared to 88 in the 2015-19 cycle, and almost none with a full-strength side available. "I would love us to play a little bit more cricket, if I'm being honest," he said.

"When you're looking at trying to get your combinations and confidence, certainly, the more you can play together - and win and lose going into series - is going to help… we knew coming into this tournament we were guessing a little bit; we knew that with selections, in terms of being able to compare different players."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    With counties losing their best players to the Hundred the 50 overs competition has basically become a reserve competition. 
    Simple way of improving it would be to abolitish the Hundred. 
    Trouble is that it's not what the ECB want and both they and the BCCI will be the vocal ones in advocating its abolition. I suspect that we are looking at T20 WCs every other year.
  • Options
    With counties losing their best players to the Hundred the 50 overs competition has basically become a reserve competition. 
    Simple way of improving it would be to abolitish the Hundred. 
    They won't though . I hate The 100 and i absolutely adore cricket. We don't need it other than for pure greed . 
  • Options
    Pakistan finish on 282-7. That should be a competitive score on this wicket and one that was once again aided by the preservation of wickets early on.
  • Options
    Afghanistan off to a great start

60-0 off 10
  • Options
    98-0 off 15. Pakistan's bowling and fielding is all over the place. Having traded at 9.20 at one point, Afghanistan have hit 1.57
  • Options
    Mickey Arthur and Morne Morkel throwing absolute daggers at the Pakistan players
  • Options
    Scraping the Hundred won't solve anything.

There is no way in the world the ECB would accept that we would be the only major nation without a "franchise" league.  It doesn't matter if its 20 overs or 16.6 overs.
  • Options
    221-2 off 40. Afghanistan's game to lose now. 
  • Options
    I can honestly say that I don't think I ever seen such poor throwing from the deep and backing up as I have witnessed from Pakistan today. It has been the stuff you would expect from a team of Under 11s. Countless throws that land equidistant between the two wickets and little or no attempt to back up even when the throw is anywhere near the stumps.