Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

quick quiz - how much does a £1 flight cost?

edited August 2009 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
A family of three get Ryanair £1 each way return tickets to Europe. They pay on a debit card (cheaper than credit card), take a suitcase each (not pre-booked) and check-in at the airport.

So the "flight cost" is £6 ... now, guesstimate the total 'additional' charges?

Comments

• 9,900,000 and a 3 quid for a piss each.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]9,900,000 and a 3 quid for a piss each.

Plus a pound per square piece of toilet paper, if required.
  • The answer is a £390, making the total £396.

This includes £10 return each for debit card payment (£30 total), £40 return (£120) per suitcase, and airport check-in’s £80 return (£240).

In fairness it isn't very hard to avoid most of those charges, but it does show you how dishonest they are and how they try their utmost to fleece you given half a chance.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/beat-budget-airline-charges
  • Buy another ticket for the the suitcases.
  • £132 return flights to "Europe" don't seem too expensive to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• indeed not, but they should advertise what is realistic to be paid
  • Indeed.
  • i've signed up for a Visa Electron card just to pay for Pikeyair flights.

off to Holland next month for £2...
  • The prices should show the most expensive price if you used everything.
    Then you can deduct airport check in if you are going to check in online etc and the price falls rather than the add ons.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Buy another ticket for the the suitcases.

What a brilliant idea!
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Buy another ticket for the the suitcases.

What a brilliant idea!

Would it need a passport?

;-)
  • Plus the b'tards rip off the Brits by a further 15% using parity £/euro exchange rate.
  • With all the moaning on here and yes I agree some of their "charges" are sneaky I really don't mind, I wouldn't have seen so many fantastic cities around Europe if it wasn't for budget airlines like them and for me Ryanair are generally the cheapest. Off to Madrid in October, £52 return, some train fairs around the country are more than that so I'm not too bothered when they add on a £10 charge for using a debit card or charge me to check in at the airport because I'm getting a great deal anyway
  • All we want is a bit of honesty. If they are the cheapest what have they got to hide by being so underhand?
  • Said it before, I've flown with Ryan air once; never again. A dreadful company, the poorest standards of customer service I've ever come across. I will always pay the extra and go with someone like British Airways or Lufthansa.