Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Sinéad O'Connor

Comments

• Options
    Yes she captured something of the struggle and mental suffering of life with that voice and that song that makes me feel very sad about her and yet maybe that is her greatest legacy
  • Options
    I was in Sweden in 1990, 'Nothing compares to you' was BIG.
    I think of that holiday and that song following me around the country.
    56 is no life.
    Sleep well.
  • Options
    So very sad. She had such a beautiful voice.

RIP
  • Options
    A wonderful voice. RIP.
  • Options
    Sinéad's voice was mesmeric.
    Why are some talented singers such troubled souls.
    Sinéad O'Connor, George Michael and Amy Winehouse had voices that came from the musical Gods and performed with such intensity and all 3 died from broken Hearts.

RIP Sinéad O'Connor.
  • Options
    Dreadful week.
    RIP Sinead
  • Options
    56 no age so sad. RIP. 
  • Options
    Sinéad's voice was mesmeric.
    Why are some talented singers such troubled souls.
    Sinéad O'Connor, George Michael and Amy Winehouse had voices that came from the musical Gods and performed with such intensity and all 3 died from broken Hearts.

RIP Sinéad O'Connor.
    Sadly, history has proven that is the nature of the beast for so many musical artists - the likes of Billie Holiday, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Keith Moon, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Karen Carpenter, Jim Morrison and many more died as a result not being able to live with everything connected with their fame and success. There are others who have done incredibly well to still be with us with probably Keith Richards, 80 this year, right up there in that respect.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    A legendary song with a voice to match. RIP
  • Options

RIP

• Options
    Great voice from a troubled soul. Have a listen to her singing "Silent night"
    RIP Sinead.
  • Options
    The poor woman lost her son, I cannot begin to imagine the pain she has been living with for the last year. Amazing voice, like generational. I hope she has found peace 
  • Options
    RIP Sinéad, thanks for penning and performing one of my favourite songs that I've ever heard, so delicate yet powerful - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=418jmrVNbUg
  • Options
    RIP Sinéad, thanks for penning and performing one of my favourite songs that I've ever heard, so delicate yet powerful - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=418jmrVNbUg
    She was a protest singer not a pop singer. Had a unique delivery.

Upset a lot of people but was pretty fearless. Beset by demons.

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP Sinead. 
  • Options
    RIP Sinead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Rest Easy Sinead
  • Options
    RIP Sinead.
  • Options
    That's a shame - so young. RIP
  • Options
    She was right.
    Sleep easy now Sinead 💚
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    May she rest in peace, but cause eternal strife to the abusers she railed against in life.

The recent documentary by Kathryn Ferguson is well worth a watch.
  • Options
    Taken to young. RIP.
  • Options
    She had a very fraught childhood, which she brought into her songwriting and performances. She had a ethereal beautiful voice. RIP Sinéad.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Interesting comments from Morrissey on the subject - and I think he makes some valid points and observations. Particularly the bit about "15 minute celebrities and goblins from hell and record labels of artificially aroused diversity are squeezing onto Twitter to twitter their jibber-jabber".

Difficult to know what to say for the best after reading that. I wasn't a fan personally, but it all just seems so sad. From the outside a tortured soul indeed.