Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Look who's on TV !!!

Question Time from Gravesend tonight & wondered whether we'd see any familiar faces.....

Lo & behold, @Joesdad responding to a question on immigration ! 

Came across very well, bless him ! 

Comments

• My MP (Laura Trott) is coming across really badly. Can't answer a single question with a simple answer. 
  • This is going into HoC territory.
  • Question Time from Gravesend tonight & wondered whether we'd see any familiar faces.....

Lo & behold, @Joesdad responding to a question on immigration ! 

Came across very well, bless him ! 
    Yes, he's been supporting Charlton for as long /longer than me. 
  • edited May 2023
    seth plum said:
    This is going into HoC territory.
    I made a comment about my MP. Nothing that political or extremist.

Jeez.....perhaps I should stick to talking about Rolf Harris instead.
  • I rest my case re HoD.
    But seeing as how this is on the main site my observation is the programme was appalling.
    I don’t trust the Liberals, but the bullying of the Liberal woman by Paphitis, Street Porter, and Fiona (reactionary Tory) Bruce over yes or no to a coalition was nasty.
    Watch again carefully and look at the interruptions, the hectoring, the ganging up and so on, time things if you like, and you can see behaviour that makes our very own House of Commoners section look like a bit of a Vicars tea party.
  • edited May 2023
    If we're congratulating a Charlton fan on their public speaking,  that's fine. Already though it's starting to get political, in which case this may be a more appropriate thread:  https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84136/question-time-politics-on-tv-radio#latest
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    If we're congratulating a Charlton fan on their public speaking,  that's fine. Already though it's starting to get political, in which case this may be a more appropriate thread:  https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84136/question-time-politics-on-tv-radio#latest
    I don't see anything political.  There's calling out a couple of MPs for being useless or shits, observations which may or may not be correct, and protesting at the bullying of one of the panelists.  No one's arguing about the politics of the show's discussions.
  • edited May 2023
    seth plum said:
    I rest my case re HoD.
    But seeing as how this is on the main site my observation is the programme was appalling.
    I don’t trust the Liberals, but the bullying of the Liberal woman by Paphitis, Street Porter, and Fiona (reactionary Tory) Bruce over yes or no to a coalition was nasty.
    Watch again carefully and look at the interruptions, the hectoring, the ganging up and so on, time things if you like, and you can see behaviour that makes our very own House of Commoners section look like a bit of a Vicars tea party.

Is the Question time in Russia, China, North Korea, Eritrea, Azerbaijan, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Iran, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Myanmar, etc, etc, etc, of a higher standard with the ordinary man and woman allowed to be critical of their one party state.
    Rhetorical question.

QT may be rubbish at times but thousands of people if not millions of folk all around this bonkers world have died or are locked up because they speak against their Tyrannical rulers.

I'm a tad left of centre and no monarchist but we are allowed to demonstrate( unless it's cornation day !!) and have different opinions before being trolled on social media obviously.

A % of our police are useless ( personal experience ) and politics is a two faced business BUT it's my country and I will argue the toss and believe it or not, we can  turn off the TV or social media.

We have a choice in what we watch and what we listen to.

Bizarrely you will only appreciate this if you live in one of the many 'nodding dog' countries. 

Roland out, Sandgaard out, Tories out, Labour out, after being back in,
    Australian cricket team Out.

HOWZAT ?
  • My MP (Laura Trott) is coming across really badly. Can't answer a single question with a simple answer. 

Stop being naive.
    The answer is in her job description !
  • Davo55 said:
    My MP (Laura Trott) is coming across really badly. Can't answer a single question with a simple answer. 
    Luckily for her you could stick a blue rosette on a stick with a small dob of dog poo on the end and Sevenoaks would vote for it...
    Sorry, he's taken - already my MP in Wokingham. The shit's name is John Redwood.
    Thats where i used to live......small world.
  • Due to boundary changes I'm being shunted back into Wokingham, so from Theresa May to John Redwood. Awful.
    She’s a good MP IMO. I didn’t watch it but tbf she’s done good work for Sevenoaks like the leisure centre issue, the road that was going to be closed by Thames Water she put a stop to that, trying to extend the contactless to Sevenoaks station etc.
  • Stig said:
    I don't see anything political.  There's calling out a couple of MPs for being useless or shits, observations which may or may not be correct, and protesting at the bullying of one of the panelists.  No one's arguing about the politics of the show's discussions.
    And its a lot more pleasant.
     know full well with a little help with advising she will become a major part of the Tories. the way she looks, got a safe seat in sevenoaks as well. Used to live there and what a pointless exercise voting otherwise. Stuff she has done for sevenoaks were obvious to do plus others were already trying to change things. She jumps on whatever is a the local major issue. Including the lesiure center thing. Should never of come to it being closed in the first place. 
  • Well , that went pear shaped ! 

I have little interest in politics as a whole & never read the HOC thread. 

Sadly, I was merely bringing to everyone's attention that @Joesdad ( lovely guy!) had responded to a question last night which was great to witness. 

But carry on regardless ......
  • Sponsored links:

• Like a tree planted near the water...
  • Give Andy Peake a shout out please when he’s in the audience on Question Time from Leicester next Thursday.