Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Memories are Made of This

I have come across an old Charlton booklet called ‘Memories are Made of This’. It was produced by the Charlton Athletic Reminiscence Class around 35 years ago I think.
Key names mentioned are Andy Solomon, Mick Berry, Peter Borland, Sid Bulgin, George Cambridge, Harry Field, Percy Greenwood, Bob Hatley, Don Hunt, Jim Jeff, Arthur Jensen, John Morris, Bob Nikes, Archie Starr.  Anyone know anything about this group , and if anything like it is still going today. I seem to remember at some stage a group of older supporters met once a month at the training ground. Is this that group?
I have no idea whatsoever how important this book is. If it’s a rarity I’m happy to give it to the museum. However, I suspect it isn’t. 

Comments

• Sorry, I can't remember.
  • There is still a reminiscence group going strong and they meet at the Valley every week.

New members activity sought. Details on the official site.

There are two of the memories booklets, both are a great dip into the past and well worth reading.

They're not particularly rare, we have copies and we sell spares via our eBay site and in the museum.

We spoke to Andy Scott, the photographer who ran the group back then, at one of the BTTV events last year, and he promised to pass on the original cassette tapes to the museum.

We plan to digitise them and publish them on the net somehow.

Any volunteers able to help with this please get in touch.
  • There is still a reminiscence group going strong and they meet at the Valley every week.

New members activity sought. Details on the official site.

There are two of the memories booklets, both are a great dip into the past and well worth reading.

They're not particularly rare, we have copies and we sell spares via our eBay site and in the museum.

We spoke to Andy Scott, the photographer who ran the group back then, at one of the BTTV events last year, and he promised to pass on the original cassette tapes to the museum.

We plan to digitise them and publish them on the net somehow.

Any volunteers able to help with this please get in touch.
    Are any of the names people who are still around?
  • Other than Andy we don't know.

Contact the Reminiscence group as they might know more.
  • Ah, the Reminiscence Group. Those were the days.