Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

END OF SEASON STATBANK

Apologies for this being a little late and for any errors but life is a little difficult with The Lass in hospital.
I hope you all enjoy remembering the good games, and there were some, and let's hope for more next season.

Comments

• Options
    Superb work.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Excellent stats @lancashire lad

I can't see Albie Morgan's average mark.
    He had 35 apps so should be in the 24+ group.

Thanks for your hard work 👏
  • Options
    Well done, very interesting. Albie seems to be missing from the players average marks. 
  • Options
    We could do with Dobbo getting less bookings. Great work LL! 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    to make it fair Albie is now there
  • Options
    Fantastic work and effort - thank you! Gave AMB my POTY and these stats marginally evidence/back up why I did. He will be No1 for sure next season. 
  • Options
    Always makes interesting reading. Thanks for your efforts @lancashire lad
  • Options
    It does say something when two of our top four for those who have made 10 of more appearances are our two keepers!
  • Options
    Brilliant work; crap season.
  • Options
    I do not know where you get the enthusiasm from LL, but I hope next season will be more interesting and you keep going 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you so much for the work you put into this, and after every match.  Always interesting.
    Here's hoping next season will be a more rewarding one.
  • Options
    A very interesting set of stats. Thanks for all your hard graft over the season.
  • Options
    Cheers LL, hope your other half is home and healthy soon. The stats that stand out for me are 86 shots from JRS and Miles' conversion rate of less than 1:4 goals to shots
  • Options
    Very good thank you
  • Options
    Thanks LL! 
  • Options
    Great effort putting those stats together @lancashire lad 
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Cheers LL, hope your other half is home and healthy soon. The stats that stand out for me are 86 shots from JRS and Miles' conversion rate of less than 1:4 goals to shots
    I noticed that about the shots, underlines just how much we’ll miss JRS.

The other one that stood out was the games with the highest % possession and the lack of wins from those games. It’s been a problem for us for so long, when teams come to sit behind the ball that we just can’t break through.
  • Options
    Also amazing work LL  :)
  • Options
    Thanks again for the time and effort.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the effort. Here's to skipping all the games refereed by David Rock next year...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stats, thanks LL. Best of luck to Mrs. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    The stats that jumps out at me:

Possession of 69% against Morecambe in the 2-3 defeat at the valley. 69% in 1-1 draw v Cambridge. 66% in 0-1 defeat Cheltenham and 65% in 1-1 against FGR.

What you do with the ball and what do you create to get a positive result is paramount.

I had an acquaintance(not a friend as Palace fan !) Who was a manager of my local Corals(now shut and nail bar) who did stats a few years ago on Palace wins and defeats. 
    They didn't win any League matches when they had over 60% possession yet had 8 wins with 35 to 40% possession. 

It's what you create and when Ipswich had 60% possession against Cafc in the 6-0 thrashing they also had 26 shots !

It's a funny old game.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Thanks Lancs!
    Good to see a little recognition for Lucas Ness’s efforts. Let’s hope he comes back successfully from his injury, because he could well be an important player for us next season.
  • Options
    Great stuff, thanks

A very low score for AMB to win POTY. Not even the highest ranked goalkeeper during the season

And yes he had some poor games, but bizarre that Rak-Sakyi ended up way down the rankings
  • Options
    Fantastic analysis thanks very much 👏
  • Options
    Nine reds?  That’s awful. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Superb work.
    THIS thanks a statistical million L L  B):)
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant, as always LL...many thanks!!